Opinion Averillo

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't make anything out of him. I hope Melbourne can pick him up and try make something out of him
If he is going to make it it will only be at FB, Melbourne have Paps they wont need a FB some some years, I would bet on the roosters Tedesco is now 29, only a few years left, our coaching staff are not smart enough to see and put his ability to use.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon best thing they can do for Jake is send him back to NSW cup and let him spend the entire season there. I reckon its doing nothing for his development when he gets selected all over the place.
I said this since last year and got my head bitten off. Least everyone can see it now. He needs to do himslef and confidence a favour and tear up in Cup for a year. He will be good but needs to take the Flanagan approach

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Avo doesn't offer anything at this stage. Has failed to stand up in any of the positions he's been gifted. Not that that means much with team selections.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I noticed that he got easily pushed back by Kieghran one on one when he attempted to take a hit up.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once Kiraz is able to play, I'd move Avo to 14.
The Bench utility is his best position and that's probably as far as his nrl career will take him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Avo doesn't offer anything at this stage. Has failed to stand up in any of the positions he's been gifted. Not that that means much with team selections.
I honestly want to like the kid, but I can't.

Needs to work on all aspects of his game in reserves for at least another year.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averllio and Okunbor on the same edge. This would have to be the softest edge in nrl history. Honestly could not think of a softest edge in any team ever.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Is this bloke even a first grader??? Moses Mbye 2.0
To answer your question, no Averillo is not a first grader - not even close.

Later in the game against Rorters he had a half chance. Went to go one way, stepped back the other and just conceded in the tackle. No balls at all.

He is skinny and weak. Further there was a shot of Averillo beside Dufty and they are basically the same height which I had not realised. I just checked and Averillo is 183cm and Dufty is 179cm.

So not only is Averillo skinny and weak, he is short too.

Pretty sad when you look at the guns who have played centre for the Dogs - Chris Mortimer, Andrew Farrar, Nigel Vagana, Willie Tonga, Josh Morris.

And one of my all time favourites (until he defected to the Parrascum) Jarrod McCracken - an absolute beast in defence and attack. He was partly crazy too.

Averillo reminds me a lot of McCracken ... is something which I would not say.