Opinion Averillo

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After his lazy effort for Melbournes first try, I thought he did ok. Granted, I zoned out in the second half

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s getting the typical Bulldog junior treatment where they do have talent but the club fails to improve them and can’t turn them into first graders. He’s not alone in that regard and it’s a major problem when the club wants to be a “development” club.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this bloke even a first grader??? Moses Mbye 2.0
No lol, but None of the imposters wearing the blue an white are with a few exceptions , those being

TPJ
Dufty
BBO
Even wakeham

Malla

Reaction score
Dunno hey I am still on the fence with Averillo. No doubt he is an excellent athlete, very fit, illusive and quick but as a footballer I see none of it. Very much reminds me of Mbye. Will dazzle us with some plays here and there, and every time he played reggies he will kill it, we will be stuck talking about how he has the potential, but he will never deliver. Avo will fit this mold.

Only way forward is if he is going to be a centre, leave him to play centre all year. No need to change positions, drop him, bring him back and whatever else Baz is trying to do. Just let him play footy.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dunno hey I am still on the fence with Averillo. No doubt he is an excellent athlete, very fit, illusive and quick but as a footballer I see none of it. Very much reminds me of Mbye. Will dazzle us with some plays here and there, and every time he played reggies he will kill it, we will be stuck talking about how he has the potential, but he will never deliver. Avo will fit this mold.

Only way forward is if he is going to be a centre, leave him to play centre all year. No need to change positions, drop him, bring him back and whatever else Baz is trying to do. Just let him play footy.
Only way forward - genuine 6,7,9 lol.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well in all honesty, Mbye has done more then this guy so............

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t make 1st grade in Illawarra comp!

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to be cut. Along with Wakeham, JMK and Jacko.

Honestly, Jacko should have done the right thing by the club and retired last year. He could have stayed at the club as a staff member or something. But he's a huge drag in our forwards these days. Missing tackles. not making yards. It's a sad ending to be honest.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s getting the typical Bulldog junior treatment where they do have talent but the club fails to improve them and can’t turn them into first graders. He’s not alone in that regard and it’s a major problem when the club wants to be a “development” club.
I agree. But I think to develop them they need good stable players around them. That’s where we fall over

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
After his lazy effort for Melbournes first try, I thought he did ok. Granted, I zoned out in the second half
lazy effort? you surely cant be blaming jake who made the tackle on Pappy. If Fox makes a proper tackle instead of arm grabbing there is no try, that was purely Fox getting beaten one on one.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lazy effort? you surely cant be blaming jake who made the tackle on Pappy. If Fox makes a proper tackle instead of arm grabbing there is no try, that was purely Fox getting beaten one on one.
Not blaming him solely, JAC definitely should’ve made a clean tackle, but Averillo clocked off for a second and let Papenhuyzen get between him and the ball.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is all about having unrecognisable coaches since Des. Des is a decent coach, great strategist, but let’s be honest, he’s lucky to be blessed with Turbo, a half whose off-the-cuff and a big forward pack - the players respect him too otherwise he’ll lose his sh!t.. TB wants to give the players cuddles when he should be setting standards by dropping those who don’t meet them and getting his chargers to be accountable for their performances.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch the replay closely. Paps should never have received the ball if Jake chased hard enough. He was actually standing in between Coates and Paps before he slowed down allowing Coates to pass to Paps

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can't exactly drop every single player as we don't exactly have better options.

But JMK and Jackson are our biggest liabilities atm, Averillo has more talent than either of those two atm.