Reaction score
Some stats from the season.

Perham 16 Games Fb

4 x Try Assists
6 x Line Break Assists

Averillo 1 Game FB

2 x Try Assists
3 x Line Break Assists

Btw. Wonder if Gus had a say in team selection this week?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We ALL knew Avo is a fullback

He gets fcked around, played out of position, then signs somewhere else.

We sign Crichton for 800k who is not 2x better than Averillo at fullback.

we could’ve signed avo for 400k or less to be our 1 and with a good preseason training there he would’ve been the goods

now he finally gets his chance there this year and he fckin KILLS it

That Crichton money could’ve gone to the positions we really lack in and balance out our roster.

Can’t say I didn’t see this coming.
SC is a killer signing when you think the kid is still only 22 years old.

Also if JA killed it at FB he would have got offers at 600k+.

Ideally would have loved to keep JA but considering we got kids like Skelton, Alamoti, Wilson, Xerri and a few kids to come in the under's
i don't think we'll miss JA that much.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hacks like Critta lol we may have stumbled on a 7 and need middles not overpaying players like Avo. We got Xeri cheaper and he will more than cover the loss of Avo
He will eat Avo's for breakfast lol, we are gonna be ok undoubtedly.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of what anyone thinks about Averillos worth in 2024, fact of the matter is that for THIS year, he was head and shoulders the better option than Perham. Ciraldud really fkd us for this season with a decision the great Noel Cleal would be proud of.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regardless of what anyone thinks about Averillos worth in 2024, fact of the matter is that for THIS year, he was head and shoulders the better option than Perham. Ciraldud really fkd us for this season with a decision the great Noel Cleal would be proud of.
Many other factors have seen us be poor this year but the fb choice has not "fkd us for this season" imo.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would sign taffe to play fullback for 2 years genuine speedstar and killed us last night. Papalli should be ready by then.

Taffe
Kiraz
Crighton
Xerri
Carr
Burton
Sexton

14. Wilson

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, Blake Taaffe was rumoured to have signed with us and he was better than Avo in that game - like Mikey202B said, we’re comparing Avo to Hayze and it’s clearly a difference in class
Would be great if true. Busy little fullback with speed and surprising strength. In the mould of Reece Walsh and Papenhausen.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Avo would have been a better option I agree not sure that this fckd our season up though. Avo still would of been worst FB in the comp just better than Perham

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Avo would have been a better option I agree not sure that this fckd our season up though. Avo still would of been worst FB in the comp just better than Perham
Point is that it was obvious at least from Round 5. Def had a bad effect with the guys executing any attacking gameplan and possibly enthusiasm and confidence. They had that last night.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would sign taffe to play fullback for 2 years genuine speedstar and killed us last night. Papalli should be ready by then.

Taffe
Kiraz
Crighton
Xerri
Carr
Burton
Sexton

14. Wilson
I like it. Equal potency on both sides in attack.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Point is that it was obvious at least from Round 5. Def had a bad effect with the guys executing any attacking gameplan and possibly enthusiasm and confidence. They had that last night.
I’m not sure it makes a difference at all. Avo had been inconsistent his whole career and not sure this has any impact. Sexton at half was the big change in our attack not Avo

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m not sure it makes a difference at all. Avo had been inconsistent his whole career and not sure this has any impact.
I thought we saw a difference to our play and how it helped Burto as well. Avo much better than Perham.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought we saw a difference to our play and how it helped Burto as well. Avo much better than Perham.
I disagree that Avo is a huge upgrade on Perham. I would have dropped Perham too but I’m not sure Avo was the answer either

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m not sure it makes a difference at all. Avo had been inconsistent his whole career and not sure this has any impact. Sexton at half was the big change in our attack not Avo
Jake is literally top 2 in all key attacking stats for us. Just take the L and move on.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jake is literally top 2 in all key attacking stats for us. Just take the L and move on.
cmon uce, I know you are the Avo cheerleader on here but he is just an average NRL player. Great runner of the ball, great pace and swerve.Very poor defender, goes missing from the tough stuff and not the greatest hands. He is in no way an ideal FB

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Avo is good. A massive upgrade from Perham.

But regardless on what we are paying Critta, he is a class player and a big game player and has even more attributes over Averillo.

He is a star and when you see Critta roaming around with Kiks and Burto on the left the Avo wank fest will be long gone.