Averillo situation

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo is over rated AF on here. If we overpay mid players like him who are replaceable then we have less cash for the ones we need. Avo went for a bigger offer
Exactly, we offered him money but but he declined it for more. The logo on the front is more important than the player. Imo this year he didn’t do alot to earn that much, so goodluck and all the best averillo. He’s still got work to do.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh I was sad when he signed with dolphins cause he has been going well this year he found his speed and can see he knew it when he went to fullback. Always sad to see your juniors go cause he gonna kill it for dolphins. Will follow him but hopefully Xerri fills his centre spot and not perham

Mikey202b

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
Reaction score
I THINK with AVORILLO is that we are comparing him to PERHAM who we know is a handbrake in attack, scared under the high ball and is a crab running side to side.

So when you are looking at how our fullback played whilst comparing him to how PERHAM has preformed all year in our team. Then yes AVORILLO looked world class in OUR EYES because we didn't see our attack halt on 3rd and especially 4th tackle. Plus AVORILLO did run back the ball alot harder and straighter which on the naked eye looks WOW to us because we have not see our fullback do that all year. This is the attack.

But really IN defence and mainly as the last man in the line he was really bad, He missed almost every tackle that could have been saved but ended up a try. He also didn't have any try saving tackles as the last man in defence.

Watch the game again only when south's have the ball in hand.. forward the game when the dogs have the ball and you will see what i mean.

Defence alone he was 1/10
Attack alone 9/10

Overall 5.5/10

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also, Blake Taaffe was rumoured to have signed with us and he was better than Avo in that game - like Mikey202B said, we’re comparing Avo to Hayze and it’s clearly a difference in class

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm disappointed to lose Averillo and he should never have been moved from fullback in favour of Perham who is a Reserve Grader. But by the same token if Critta does well at fullback and with the depth we have at wing and centre, hopefully we don't miss him too much.

Last night showed his potential again though.. He backs up so well from fullback. His pace and acceleration from fullback made a huge difference to the team. I wish him well at the Dolphins.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
We ALL knew Avo is a fullback

He gets fcked around, played out of position, then signs somewhere else.

We sign Crichton for 800k who is not 2x better than Averillo at fullback.

we could’ve signed avo for 400k or less to be our 1 and with a good preseason training there he would’ve been the goods

now he finally gets his chance there this year and he fckin KILLS it

That Crichton money could’ve gone to the positions we really lack in and balance out our roster.

Can’t say I didn’t see this coming.
Your right Critchon is not 2x better... he is 4x better

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Critta will be a far better fullback than Avo. It is a shame thou to invest so heavily in Avo and see him go. I have high hopes that Xerri will be an upgrade on Avo.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
averillo has had his best season with us. I have always thought he had talent but his defence was problematic. Its sad to lose him because we lost so many games keeping him in 1st grade to improve him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
averillo has had his best season with us. I have always thought he had talent but his defence was problematic. Its sad to lose him because we lost so many games keeping him in 1st grade to improve him.
Losses weren't all on him but understand what you mean. Lots of development put in and a junior on the plus side. A pity but it's done now :(

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_0604.JPG

Said it in the game day thread will say it here need to do this

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Last night showed his potential again though.. He backs up so well from fullback. His pace and acceleration from fullback made a huge difference to the team. I wish him well at the Dolphins.
He definitely showed some confidence in attack but his defence was exposed again. My mail is he wanted too much money to stay and Gus was unwilling to dance. Interesting to see where he plays in Redcliffe, yes good luck to a Bulldog junior but I’d be surprised if we look back in two years and regret letting him go. Timing / cap management is more important right now.