Averillo situation

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We ALL knew Avo is a fullback

He gets fcked around, played out of position, then signs somewhere else.

We sign Crichton for 800k who is not 2x better than Averillo at fullback.

we could’ve signed avo for 400k or less to be our 1 and with a good preseason training there he would’ve been the goods

now he finally gets his chance there this year and he fckin KILLS it

That Crichton money could’ve gone to the positions we really lack in and balance out our roster.

Can’t say I didn’t see this coming.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fullback or centre, I don’t know what the rush was to get rid of him. While not a shining light, at least a flicker of one during a couple of very dark seasons for the club. A lot more that could have been off loaded before him. Nothing against Crichton, he’s class. Think with our roster we could have had both.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

we could’ve signed avo for 400k or less to be our 1 and with a good preseason training there he would’ve been the goods

That Crichton money could’ve gone to the positions we really lack in and balance out our roster.

Well if what you say money wise is correct we shot ourselves in the foot when I heard Perham was coming to dogs I took CC advice that he was the better option but can see now how CC stuffed that up. AV is a good kid and I believe he will do his best for rest of the year.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like Averillo (and wanted to keep him) and he was the best option to play fullback this year but I also don't think he was our answer for our long term fullback either (I think we still needed someone better when Averillo was fullback last year). The money we spent on Critta isn't the biggest reason why we can't get a marquee halfback or marquee prop/middle. There is either no one available/wants to come here/we aren't offering enough money (overs). We still have plenty of money to spend over the next couple of years (Gus' mouth).

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forget Avo and Critta, we have Papa. They can keep his jersey warm.
Ideally we can salvage something from this year and create a fullback. Then we have the option to play Critta where he plays best

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree, only keep if they genuinely want to be at this club.. otherwise they can fuck off !!
No reason other than some hollow victories, to persist with anyone who won't be here next year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ideally we can salvage something from this year and create a fullback. Then we have the option to play Critta where he plays best
Give Wilson this year, Critta next year until Papa is ready.

I have faith in that boy, love him as much as I love Skelton.

PS Wilson can take over FB if Critta proves to be a dud (which I think he will go ok)

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give Wilson this year, Critta next year until Papa is ready.

I have faith in that boy, love him as much as I love Skelton.

PS Wilson can take over FB if Critta proves to be a dud (which I think he will go ok)
Funny how it works, we've gone from having no real opt ions at fb, to having to pick from some. We'd be foolish not to try Wilson, He has a bit of what Dylan Edwads has imo

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im pissed That we have had to watch Perham be a dud for what 15 games at FB. Was plain to any clown he wasn’t cutting it except for CC. Some serious doubts on his coaching ability just on that selection alone.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Extremely dissapointed ,for all
Jakes attacking prowess his biggest weekness is the same as amalotis as well and that’s defence ,needs to be much better,make no mistake ciraldo is buying big on defence but boys are not reacting ,last night we came to play and south’s almost got us.

Make no mistake those two fish we signed Bronson Xerri and Stephen Crichton will help us immensely in both defence and attacking prowess.

Make no mistake Xerri will cancel out Jake,as much as it hurts doggies need to learn new tricks and that means tackling and defending well.

Biggest point of note ,Burton had his most involved game with ball in hand,was throwing great passes and creating ,most importantly both our 6 and 7’s are running and takeing the line on ,how good is that?

Doggies will push broncos next week at belmore,nothing like a win there for a month from hell for doggies players and fans as well,and win most of all for momentum into seasons end.

Let’s go top 10 bulldogs

Mikey202b

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
Reaction score
No reason other than some hollow victories, to persist with anyone who won't be here next year.
You can't say that!
It's like Penrith winning the comp in Burton's
Last year there. That was not a hollow victory for them
Or this year with Critta coming to us next year... I don't think all their wins are hollow or even of they win comp again will be a hollow win..

Yeah we are losing Avo... I like him but it's okay... if he plays bad next week you will be saying HOW THANK GOD CRITTA is coming... and how the bulldogs made the right call and how we couldn't waste yet another year trying to find a fullback.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He can run , but he doesn't do the little things that a natural fullback does. In attack he has instinct to be around the ball but defence he is out of position and we saw that last year. He doesn't talk or organise the defence either. Remember the team we played tonight it was 70% reserve grade team and we just beat them. Plus his body won't handle to many kick returns against FG standard opposition. In saying that perham has nothing to show, maybe he is one of the guys that at training or like a boxer he is a gun but can't replicate that at action Time.

Last edited: