Averillo is too predictable

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shaun Johnson out for another month with injury. Hindsight is 20/20 but had we signed SJ I think he would’ve been another Foran.

Averillo has a good chance to cement his spot this season

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good halfbacks crave the ball and they see openings and possibilities in attack so they scream for the ball and are constantly telling players where to be and what to do, they get so immersed in the game
Good point. I think this is what some Kennelers are screaming out but cut the detailed criticalness by saying "he's not a halfback, or he's shit"

Jay76

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think he can learn and grow into the role. It gets shared around in other teams. Paps plays as a third half for the Storm. Tedesco does the same for the Roosters. I don't think the team needs an organising half, but Avo like Burton and Dufty need to be more dominant in directing the attack.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Screenshot it hahaha
I'm cool, TBaz just needs time, ultimately he needs the fans and players on his side. We're all going to find frustrations but as a club and supporter base we need to be stable.
He needs to keep the players on board and finding ways to improve and challenge each other, the fringe players need to know they're so crucial because depth is key more than ever.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he can learn and grow into the role. It gets shared around in other teams. Paps plays as a third half for the Storm. Tedesco does the same for the Roosters. I don't think the team needs an organising half, but Avo like Burton and Dufty need to be more dominant in directing the attack.
Both the teams you mentioned have an excellent halves pairing already so those two guys have way less pressure to construct the attack

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
All I can say is if ppl want avo so bad at half they will have to deal with him learning on the job. He's an apprentice. You can't say we arent organised in attack and then just put the blame all at jmks feet.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah.. the thing is though Burton and Dufty are great playing their 'traditional' roles. Burton is more orthodox five eighth, let him play his natural game pick and choose his runs and plays, and good kicking game. U don't want to overplay him for now. Dufty is more Rod Silva'esque makes a great support player and hole runner, let him pick his passing game too.

You force them to play more and different positions and those stated qualities and positionings drop off.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo is not a halfback and does not compliment Burton at all

It's either Wakeham or Flanagan

The real question is, who will replace Barrett and Averillo next year

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Avo did his job yesterday, Looks good when he takes the ball to the line then gets it to burton, Avo was set up for a play on more then 1 occasion where jmk went the wrong way.

He was unlucky to not score he got that fkn ball down, Short kicking game was good as well.
he was very good yesterday, played his role, got us around the park, should have been given the try imo. Lets not forget how many times Burton was caught with the ball on the 5th and 6th tackles, if that was Averillo the nuffies would be going nuts.
shit weather for a half, lets hope we get a dry track on sunday

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
he was very good yesterday, played his role, got us around the park, should have been given the try imo. Lets not forget how many times Burton was caught with the ball on the 5th and 6th tackles, if that was Averillo the nuffies would be going nuts.
What would you give Jake out of /10?

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Agreed ppl can be part of a forum, Watch a sport for 10 years and still not understand what they're watching.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I will start a nuffies thread, should be plenty qualified to join apparently…

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think I will start a nuffies thread, should be plenty qualified to join apparently…
@From the area will be captain coach
Dont know why he is here all he does is bag players
Not a true supporter when you want players to fail, fukn shits me