Averillo is too predictable

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He catches, sprints and then dishes the ball on, or he runs and dummys

He’s to easy to defend against, he’s not a real halfback
Who knows if he’ll develop into one but the Averillo at halfback experiment has to end at least for now

EVen Meaney looked better at 5/8 in his first game for the Storm

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo's best feature is that he's unpredictable. But he's also not much of a half. He reminds me of Reynolds. We spend years trying to turn him into a 5/8 because he had this crazy broken play skill. But he couldn't grasp the fundamentals of being a half.

I'm hoping Averillo's game evolves and he becomes a real half, but right now he looks like a player with skill but no structure.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo's best feature is that he's unpredictable. But he's also not much of a half. He reminds me of Reynolds. We spend years trying to turn him into a 5/8 because he had this crazy broken play skill. But he couldn't grasp the fundamentals of being a half.

I'm hoping Averillo's game evolves and he becomes a real half, but right now he looks like a player with skill but no structure.
Yeh he’s a 5/8 not a 7

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought it was one of his better games

Malla

Reaction score
If ya wanna call that too predictable then I guess Burton is too lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is over-cooking the show and go, just needs to dig deep into the line and get the ball out or give it early. But he was ok today, still needs to work on that short kicking game

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Averillo was fine. Ye's he's predictable and needs to change it up more but he also threw some nice passes, got a repeat set and should have scored a try, but they took it off him..

He's not a natural halfback and likely isn't the long term answer but he's the best option we currently have short term and chopping and changing the halves combo one or two weeks in will only make things worse.

Burton still needs to gets more touches at first receiver though and shouldn't be stuck on the left so often.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo was not our problem at all today.

The first half JMK was absolutely rancid and literally gave Averillo and Burton no room to move. It was horrible service

Credit to JMK to turning it around in the second half but as soon as BBO came on the service was crisp and we started having room to move again.