Averillo Haters

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The averillo haters are too gutless to come out and say they were wrong, they are weak as piss, they no who they are
I criticised him.. he went much better yesterday which was good to see. Still a work in progress and I think it's worth leaving him there for probably the rest of the year to let him develop and see whether he is the solution.. problem is we need to make a decision on next year's fullback and I think it's very premature to suggest he's it.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He may turn out alright Good luck to him but let’s not get to carried away you take the intercept away he runs for 40 metres he needs to get involved more looked a bit shaky under the high ball

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think mosts issues with him were him at Half or Centre. He is clearly best at FB.

Potter clearly isnt afraid of bringing in talent over those trash signings, unlike barrett who kept appeasing such trash signings (ahem DUFTY)

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d like to think that criticism at The Kennel is based on performance on and off the field alone.

Averillo (for a long time) has been touted as a fullback. It hasn’t been until very recently that he’s had a crack at it. He is doing well, far better than Dufty or Allan in my opinion.

That doesn’t mean that his performances in the halves and in the centres didn’t warrant criticism. He was not up to FG in those positions.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m still far from sold on Averillo. He had a decent game today and definitely worth persisting with at the back. There were still signs today that he doesn’t like contact.
Agree. There were signs of improvement last night. But do his flaws at centre and half disappear now his fullback. I don’t think so. Of course I’m hopeful he comes good but also hopefull the club are looking to sign an experienced fullback and half.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not an Averillo hater, but in the haters defence, he was rubbish at centre. For me I'm stoked hes at fullback, as Dufty the little fucker won't see NRL again.
Been saying that he looks to be a fullback ever since he came into FG. Finally we have a coach with some common sense and bingo the kid finally looks comfortable. Should never have taken this long to play him at FB.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The best possible time for the move to happen with a bulldogs fullback legend as coach. I’m sure he would be spending lots of time with Jake fast tracking his progress.
Unfortunately no,Potter said at the start of the game Steve Turner is working with Averillo and he doesn't want to confuse the kid and put too much inside his head.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would have liked us have some decent ball in their 20m to see him chiming in during our attack. Was good otherwise

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the hate is ridiculous on here for Averillo. I’m sure some people feel really dumb and stupid now.
I praised him at Fullback. But halfback I didn’t like him. It’s not him as a person. He has obvious talent to be a good fullback. But you can’t tell me now him switching to fullback has done him the world of good. Nobody in here was calling for him to leave the club or wish bad if him. We simply wanted him to be moved to a position that allows him to showcase his obvious skill set. Now he’s been to moved to where 90% of TK thought he’d do well and now look. He’s playing really good footy and will only get better. So there was no hate. It was simple frustration as we all know what he could be if he moved positions out of the halves.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think mosts issues with him were him at Half or Centre. He is clearly best at FB.

Potter clearly isnt afraid of bringing in talent over those trash signings, unlike barrett who kept appeasing such trash signings (ahem DUFTY)
100%

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Think of guys like Christian Chrighton. First few games everyone was like Ermagerd, future immortal! After another handful of games, people were like "Ermagerd, it's lucky we didn't sign this guy"
Christian Crighton could play but he was made of glass. In a heavy contact sport he was as durable as a WWE referee.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dylan Edwards isn't a super star fullback, but he does a lot things right for Panthers, if Avo can be consistent it would be good.
When Edwards first started he was good for a couple of clanger errors per game and was responsible for a try or two. But to Pennies credit they stuck with him for a couple of years and now he's one of their best performers. Same for Wighton at the Faiders.

I still think he lacks a footy brain but he played pretty well yesterday. Would've looked a right goose if RCG dummied and scored under the dot. I'm warming to him but reserving judgement until the end of the year.

Reaction score
i like him at fullback and interested to see how he progresses. good game yesterday, the dropped ball not too concerned about unless it becomes a regular thing.

only criticism on him yesterday was the moses no try

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I praised him at Fullback. But halfback I didn’t like him. It’s not him as a person. He has obvious talent to be a good fullback. But you can’t tell me now him switching to fullback has done him the world of good. Nobody in here was calling for him to leave the club or wish bad if him. We simply wanted him to be moved to a position that allows him to showcase his obvious skill set. Now he’s been to moved to where 90% of TK thought he’d do well and now look. He’s playing really good footy and will only get better. So there was no hate. It was simple frustration as we all know what he could be if he moved positions out of the halves.
Plenty were calling for him to leave lol

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty were calling for him to leave lol
Nah you couldn’t say leave. Even though you’re right there was people that did want that. All it took was a coach with half a brain that could see what all the fans could see. All I can say now is that this is an experiment I’m happy for us to continue with cause I think he’s found his home at the back.