Averillo Haters

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has been on top grade for 2 years now. He was never a centre or halves. Finally the coaching staff has realised it. He’s still got improvement to do at fullback. Good luck to him. Hopefully he can keep that spot and play good. No one liked him out of position
Nice!
Didn't that feel good being positive and giving someone a compliment?!? :tearsofjoy:

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep but that doesnt impact Jake's position as fullback. Him and JAC are a lock. We just need a strong winger to help with the carries. Think about the storm. They had the fox and Papenhauzen but they also had Vunavalu. Not many top line fullbacks are picked there for their ability to return the ball strongly. If they can thats a bonus.

Our centres (Schoupp and Kiraz) are both strong ball carriers. They will handle plays 2 and 3. But I agree that its a worry if we dont find / develop a strong winger to help out with those early carries
Metres are made through pace also, hitting holes with pace finds metres.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the internet so they don't, they're probably waiting for the day he fucks up so they can lay into him again haha.

I'm not declaring him a sure thing at the back just yet but there's definitely enough ability there to work with. The areas of concern are things like fitness, positioning and kick defusal but these are mostly things that can be improved on with a strong preseason. I did think defensively he was quite good, seemed to be talking well from the back and was organising our defensive line reasonably well. Even with their try he at least got across to keep Penis from grounding the ball closer to the post and that eventually lead to Moses missing the conversion. His ability in attack will continue to naturally come through as he builds his fitness, confidence and combinations in the side.
A few of us on TK have been calling for him to be tried at FB for a long time, to me he always looked like his only position was FB.
I posted over a year ago that with proper mentoring and a few more killos, he could be our long term No1, I thought that some of his traits were similiar to Tedesco's, if he keeps playing like yesterday, we will only need a no7 to have top 4 spine.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Credit where it’s due. He was very good today. He has my interest. If he can produce games like that consistently, he’ll win people over pretty quickly.,
If Avo makes FB his own, then all we need is for you to play like Turvey used to.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few of us on TK have been calling for him to be tried at FB for a long time, to me he always looked like his only position was FB.
I posted over a year ago that with proper mentoring and a few more killos, he could be our long term No1, I thought that some of his traits were similiar to Tedesco's, if he keeps playing like yesterday, we will only need a no7 to have top 4 spine.
It actually sums up the state of our club that it’s taken over 2 years to give him a start at fullback in first grade. He literally has the traits to be a potential star in that position. Pace, decent pass, kicking game. And he has shown the high ball won’t be a significant issue

Also he doesn’t jump out the road when a break is made

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It actually sums up the state of our club that it’s taken over 2 years to give him a start at fullback in first grade. He literally has the traits to be a potential star in that position. Pace, decent pass, kicking game. And he has shown the high ball won’t be a significant issue

It's almost weird actually seeing a fullback in frame when a break is made, so used to seeing no one and then watching the replay and seeing Dufty in some ridiculous position in the reverse angle shot.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep but that doesnt impact Jake's position as fullback. Him and JAC are a lock. We just need a strong winger to help with the carries. Think about the storm. They had the fox and Papenhauzen but they also had Vunavalu. Not many top line fullbacks are picked there for their ability to return the ball strongly. If they can thats a bonus.

Our centres (Schoupp and Kiraz) are both strong ball carriers. They will handle plays 2 and 3. But I agree that its a worry if we dont find / develop a strong winger to help out with those early carries
If Alamoti lives up to the hype he should make one centre his own, along with Schouup the other, I believe Kiraz will become a good winger

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It’s his best position! Definitely has the goods to develop nicely there.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Alamoti lives up to the hype he should make one centre his own, along with Schouup the other, I believe Kiraz will become a good winger
Sorry mate can’t agree there. Not many centres could score a try like Kiraz did yesterday.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry mate can’t agree there. Not many centres could score a try like Kiraz did yesterday.
I don't disput that but out of Schoup Alamoti and Kiraz one has to miss out on centre.