Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
FB sure has changed..before they’d just diffuse bombs, run the ball back, and yell at their team where to plug holes in defence..unbelievable how much they do in attack these days..
Yep. The modern FBs are basically fast playmakers that cover many roles. The best of the best.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
More positives than negatives, didn't drop a bomb but ran out of fuel during the second half. Should play out the season at fullback but big test next week against Parra and Moses.
Test lol… not even close.!! He did great, the tram got beaten well by the second tier panthers team. Moses with his class will put 40+ on us. Just watch now for the shits an giggles of how pathetic this new low has really become..!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. The modern FBs are basically fast playmakers that cover many roles. The best of the best.
It’s funny Hacky..through the years the different positions that were most important in which teams were built around..beside the halves being always a key.. In the 80s it was a big pack of forwards to give space for 7 & 6, 90s we saw fast speedy hookers (ex-halfbacks playing there, Hasler, Toovey, even Johns to accommodate Noddy).. front rowers became a necessity, look at Lazarus and his success.. interchange came along and bigger forwards were needed..than the in 2000s spine 1,6,7,9 where the key..than 1 became the dominant attacking player..remember Hayne kicked it all off.. The game sure has evolved..

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are some people on here really not happy with Avo at FB? After one training session? Against Panthers (albeit lacking players)?
get your heads outta ya asses and give the bloke time. Everyone wants to bitch about Dufty so we give someone else a go and see what they can do and you guys shit on him…I think he played well for his first game and attacked the ball every time with Kikau charging at him all night and didn’t drop it once….so if you think you cando better get the boots and have a crack….he’ll try it at a training session you will shit you pants ya flogs

ah I feel better now…rant over

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haha. Love a stoush I do. Nothing better than seeing dummy spits on this page. You've gotta try and see the funny side of it.

I prefer to be at the back btw. Never been much of a taker
Selfish…

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy that there’s people having a sook about his performance. He made errors yes, but those errors were from backing himself and making line breaks out of the run of play.

he looks very good with a bit of open space. This is considering he had 1 session there, has never played there in NRL, and was playing behind this laughing stock forward pack:

vaughn
Ava
Jackson
Waddell
Stimson
Rfm

LOL our forwards were getting driven back every single tackle, utterly fucking dominated, yet he was still pushing up with them expecting offloads (something we haven’t had for a long time). He also was solid under the high ball and defensively made a couple great 1/1 tackles that saved a try.

You flops will death ride a 21 year old who’s been thrown in the deep end in the worst team we’ve ever had. Hes Not even a half back but he played pretty much a whole season there for us.

but Please, experts I insist you tell me a better option at fullback now rather than a kid who’s hungry to prove a point,who’s a local junior, and will have one of the great fullbacks as coach to help him through.You want fucking Allen or Dufty there? What benefit does that give us?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Are some people on here really not happy with Avo at FB? After one training session? Against Panthers (albeit lacking players)?
get your heads outta ya asses and give the bloke time. Everyone wants to bitch about Dufty so we give someone else a go and see what they can do and you guys shit on him…I think he played well for his first game and attacked the ball every time with Kikau charging at him all night and didn’t drop it once….so if you think you cando better get the boots and have a crack….he’ll try it at a training session you will shit you pants ya flogs

I just wish he could have done this in reserve grade rather than the pressure in firsts. Would have been better putting Allen there while avo learns the craft. Ot keep avo at centre or move him to wing so he does some of the work or a fullback like most blokes (mini, rts) who became great fullbacks did.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He wouldn’t have had the pace to stupidly hand the ball over to the opposition and cost us two tries? What a shame.

Okunbor’s defence would be fine if his inside men stopped leaving gaps you could drive a hovercraft through. I’ve gotta laugh at how everyone blames him when teams score on his wing and not the rest of the left side defensive line, who stand bunched around midfield like derps.
Along with Flanno simply the worse player to play for us. Stop supporting duds

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
WTF? How was he good? He produced bonehead posts that resulted in Penrith tries. Taking on the sideline with a rampaging Kikau bearing down on him is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen and the hospital pass he threw to Allan was the dangleberry on the kaka cake.
Then he helped instigate a line break along with JAC only to turn it into a Penrith try with another awful pass. His positional play was far from perfect too. He may learn that, but you can’t learn brains.

If we wanted a fullback who had the potential to create points but is always gonna leak more, we could have stuck with Dufty.
I know you get off on trolling but the way you hammer a player like Averillo and Schoupp but defend Reserve Graders like Flanagan, Okunbur and Allan is a joke.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Because they've made up their mind on him and that's that, what he actually does doesn't matter in their mind. You then get comments targeted at him with no genuine criticism, focus completely on negatives our straight up lies.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Spot on Averillo is not the answer at FB. At least Dufty offers more in attack. This is why Potter was coaching a Ron Massey quality Mounties side/ Averillo has had plenty of opportunities not only at FB at NRL level half,centre wing. & doesn’t cut the mustard like at least 10 others out there last night. Averillo is a monumental failure at FB, poor positional play in defence, poor communicator in setting our defensive lines, looks scared in collisions. The new coaching regime will have a task on their hands getting this roster fit & skilled to NRL level
Perfectly said!!!

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because they've made up their mind on him and that's that, what he actually does doesn't matter in their mind. You then get comments targeted at him with no genuine criticism, focus completely on negatives our straight up lies.
Crazy! He attacked the high balls at pace with kikau charging and managed to not get flattened and hold onto the ball. If we are gonna crucify players for making mistakes in a new position…we’ll that’ll do me….I like avo too mate local junior who has been thrown too early coz we were desperate and is doing is best….I guess some on here are ex NRL players who can also coach but just don’t and are keyboard warriors offering coaching advice that no one asked for

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The same applies to Burton though. Burton kills it last night and the haters are all silent and are too much in their feelings to give him credit. They'd rather see a player they hate fail, than see a player that plays for their club perform well.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much better at fullback! Much much better. Gets him out of the defensive line where his reads are horrid and he doesn’t have to tackle big second rowers. I like him at the back. Dufty May as well pack his bag for England now

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy that there’s people having a sook about his performance. He made errors yes, but those errors were from backing himself and making line breaks out of the run of play.

he looks very good with a bit of open space. This is considering he had 1 session there, has never played there in NRL, and was playing behind this laughing stock forward pack:

vaughn
Ava
Jackson
Waddell
Stimson
Rfm

LOL our forwards were getting driven back every single tackle, utterly fucking dominated, yet he was still pushing up with them expecting offloads (something we haven’t had for a long time). He also was solid under the high ball and defensively made a couple great 1/1 tackles that saved a try.

You flops will death ride a 21 year old who’s been thrown in the deep end in the worst team we’ve ever had. Hes Not even a half back but he played pretty much a whole season there for us.

but Please, experts I insist you tell me a better option at fullback now rather than a kid who’s hungry to prove a point,who’s a local junior, and will have one of the great fullbacks as coach to help him through.You want fucking Allen or Dufty there? What benefit does that give us?
IMG_6535.JPG
Bulldogs find best FB option

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I praised him. He deserved it. Leave him the rest of the season. Let him develop. Actually showed he deserved to be in the field. Our third best behind Burton and JAC

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The same applies to Burton though. Burton kills it last night and the haters are all silent and are too much in their feelings to give him credit. They'd rather see a player they hate fail, than see a player that plays for their club perform well.
Burton was very good but I'd still like to see more in terms of passing and general play, can't just rely on his left boot for everything. It's hard because he has JMK and Flanagan feeding him total shit and we run the worst shape but it would still be nice to see as that would put him a tier or two up in rating for me.