News Averillo eyeing move to Dolphins

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Herbie is a stud. Great signing for them. He could be the best centre in the comp in the next few years. He's one of my favourite players to watch.
Same. But I reckon his dolphins contract is pretty rich. Maybe Bennett sees Avo as a strike centre also. I know he cops a flogging on here but he’ll do well behind a good pack with early ball IMO

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same. But I reckon his dolphins contract is pretty rich. Maybe Bennett sees Avo as a strike centre also. I know he cops a flogging on here but he’ll do well behind a good pack with early ball IMO
On a good team that's winning the ruck and has speed players around him to create space, he could make a lot of line breaks and score a lot of tries. Just Hammers pace alone would help Avo when they shift it.

Hopefully he re-signs with us as I can see him going to another level at the right club. He still has a lot of improvement to do defensively though and needs to get better at taking the hard runs when he's not in space like Herbie does so well..

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus keeps saying we need to develop players.

This is a player we have developed yet we seem happy to let him go.

They mention we have cap pressure for next year but I can’t see how. Thompson, Flanagan and a few others are finished.

I can only assume Gus is saving the cash for other positions but I would like to see Jake stay. Looks like we haven’t even made him an offer

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They already signed Herbie Farnworth and have Aitken, Te Whare, Brenko etc.. Obviously clubs will be after Averillo. I'd rather we keep him but I wouldn't lose any sleep over losing him if another club offered him crazy money.

It's early in the process yet though, so there's no point overreacting to all of these rumours when he could quite easily re-sign.
Bennet would have a plan for him, might see him as gun 14 or even 5/8.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bennet would have a plan for him, might see him as gun 14 or even 5/8.
Bennett would definitely have a plan for him but he wouldn't go somewhere else to be a bench utility. We'll see what happens. There are a million rumours at this time of year, so anything could happen and there's every chance he stays and this is just part of seeing what his value is.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d rather keep him than let him go vs have hope that alamoti will eventually find form and kill it.

Again I have to trust the club to make the right calls.
Alamoti has a much higher ceiling which you will eventually see whether it be in Bulldogs colours or with another club.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They already signed Herbie Farnworth and have Aitken, Te Whare, Brenko etc.. Obviously clubs will be after Averillo. I'd rather we keep him but I wouldn't lose any sleep over losing him if another club offered him crazy money.

It's early in the process yet though, so there's no point overreacting to all of these rumours when he could quite easily re-sign.
Brenko reportedly heading to Super League. Would be a good signing for Dolphins.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll be good running off Hammer, etc. He's better than the one they have now.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Alamoti has a much higher ceiling which you will eventually see whether it be in Bulldogs colours or with another club.
Don't you think there has to be some concerns over Alamoti's acceleration and top speed? He obviously has skills but i don't think i've seen a good centre that is so slow. Even someone like Penisini has a similar body shape but he would leave ala for dead across the turf.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett would definitely have a plan for him but he wouldn't go somewhere else to be a bench utility. We'll see what happens. There are a million rumours at this time of year, so anything could happen and there's every chance he stays and this is just part of seeing what his value is.
Will be there to play centre, Herbie on one side, Averlio on the other side.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you think there has to be some concerns over Alamoti's acceleration and top speed? He obviously has skills but i don't think i've seen a good centre that is so slow. Even someone like Penisini has a similar body shape but he would leave ala for dead across the turf.
Agree, don't see it. Slow as a turtle, best he could hope is a modern day Josh Hannay, and I doubt he's Hannay in defence to make up for being as slow as a turtle.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We r rebuilding not what we need right now sadly it’s just timing he came into the side at critical restructure. He will do better elsewhere.