Available backline players

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These 3 are currently unwanted.

Brad Takairangi
Brent Naden
James Roberts

I wonder if TBaz would be interested in signing any. Anyone have any inside info?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Naden only. I think we're fine with our current centre/wing options and should be looking elsewhere. If we don't get JAC, 2. Okunbor, 3. Cotric, 4. Hopoate, 5. DWZ. Reimis can fill while Okunbor returns. If we didn't get Burton either and Hopoate was fullback with Averillo at 6, Reimis in the centres and Meaney to fill while Okunbor returns. After that we're a bit skinny (I wouldn't want to play Crichton for e.g. and Schoupp probably not ready) so maybe Naden wouldn't be too bad.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We should have a good look at Naden even if just for competition in the 3/4 line

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
These 3 are currently unwanted.

Brad Takairangi
Brent Naden
James Roberts

I wonder if TBaz would be interested in signing any. Anyone have any inside info?
takairangi is past his used by date and a dumb option
Naden- yes, had a great season and only still young
Roberts- dick head policy no thanks

Last edited:

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naden only. I think we're fine with our current centre/wing options and should be looking elsewhere. If we don't get JAC, 2. Okunbor, 3. Cotric, 4. Hopoate, 5. DWZ. Reimis can fill while Okunbor returns. If we didn't get Burton either and Hopoate was fullback with Averillo at 6, Reimis in the centres and Meaney to fill while Okunbor returns. After that we're a bit skinny (I wouldn't want to play Crichton for e.g. and Schoupp probably not ready) so maybe Naden wouldn't be too bad.
i’m glad ur not picking the team

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
i’m glad ur not picking the team
DWZ has to play due to his pay packet and Reimis is the only other option for centre if Hopoate is fullback. No one else sir.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
DWZ has to play due to his pay packet and Reimis is the only other option for centre if Hopoate is fullback. No one else sir.
No he doesn’t lol players on twice his salary like Ash Taylor have been dropped before. We have young guys in our squad that could have a crack at centre as well

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s more available than the 3 mentioned but overall no one that great.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I spoke to Cleary, they are looking at swap deal with DWZ and Naden ...... but then I realised a waa talking to dreamin Cleary

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naden is a good centre and will get better. I'd grab him for sure if he's available at the right price.

DWZ is a massive drain and I'm happy for Reimis to go too unless he's ready to give 100%. He was never a centre but apart from that he played like he didn't want to be there last year. He's done well on the wing before but he needs to improve a lot. Might as well pay some of DWZ's contract to play somewhere else cause it wouldn't be hard get someone better for half the price.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
apparently toy dogs are keen on Drew Hutchinson from the roosters. Sounds like a reserve grade player. But just interesting we’d even be looking at him. Most likely won’t eventuate as we still have Flanagan, averillo, wakeman, and POB, and evening have green assuming he hasn’t backed out of his contract.

Unless we got rid of our starting reserve grade half back in Lewis :p

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been saying we should look at recruiting Naden for a while now, the more I think about it the more I wish we would make him an offer.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
apparently toy dogs are keen on Drew Hutchinson from the roosters. Sounds like a reserve grade player. But just interesting we’d even be looking at him. Most likely won’t eventuate as we still have Flanagan, averillo, wakeman, and POB, and evening have green assuming he hasn’t backed out of his contract.

Unless we got rid of our starting reserve grade half back in Lewis :p
Yuck I hope that's a false rumour