Australian Team Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
LOL ST. MERGE. FINISHED 1ST ON THE LADDER AND WIN THE MINOR PREMIERSHIP AND NOT ONE OF THEIR PLAYERS MAKES IT :p

Sucked in :grinning:

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Farah, Shillington and Lewis.....hahahahaha

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
Dave Taylor should of been in that team, at least for impact. Ben Creagh should of had a shot as well, he was one of NSW's best in origin.
Creagh? Not only is he cr*p he's ginger!!!!

Not only does he play on the left he'd be well behind Hoffman and Watmough.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good side.

Glad to see no Ben Creagh there considering his form late in the season was poor.

I'm happy for Brett White. In previous years, he's been selected for being a dud but his form this year has been outstanding.

Congrats to Ben Hannant and Josh Morris. Very well deserved.

I can understand picking Josh over Brett.

Josh can play both centre and wing where Brett can play just wing. Sounds smart to me.

And congratulations Nathan Hindmarsh. I'm so happy for the bloke. As much as I hate Parramatta, no one deserves this more than him.

Farah was always going to get picked over Ennis. His coach is the Australian coach.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
They chose that tool Farah over Ennis.

What a joke! How quickly they forget Farah's performance during SOO 1 & 2 this year.

Farah is easy to read and offers no creativity on the field. Ennis does this in spades!

Number13

Management
Reaction score
LOL ST. MERGE. FINISHED 1ST ON THE LADDER AND WIN THE MINOR PREMIERSHIP AND NOT ONE OF THEIR PLAYERS MAKES IT :p

Sucked in :grinning:
This is a slap in the face to the St George Illawarra supporters. Credit where it is due. I would have thought Ben Creagh or Brett Morris would have been selected.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
wasnt civoniceva out for most of the year???how the hell did he get picked

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Pedro has rested. I am assuming that he has been training since is big toe recovered.

Again, we have the selectors to the thank for making this call.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
but this is bloody pathetic...rewarding players that have been injured most of the season..like wtf???

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Hannant
9. Cam Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hoffman
13. Gallen

14. White
15. Thaiday
16. Watmough
17. Cronk

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Hannant
9. Cam Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hoffman
13. Gallen

14. White
15. Thaiday
16. Watmough
17. Cronk
Yeah, I reckon that's about it Ozman, although I don't know about Cronk on the bench, being so short of options at prop.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Yeah, I reckon that's about it Ozman, although I don't know about Cronk on the bench, being so short of options at prop.
they have only selected 4 props unless thaiday can play upfront

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* What a joke.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wish NZ has the option not to pick Scott Prince & Luke Douglas ha

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gidley is a massive lol ( the bigger lol was nsw captain)
Farah was always going to be chosen with Sheens there
Petero could be out for 5 years and still play better then any other props so i dont mind him
White = lol

Atleast they didnt pick Perry and Kite

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL no St Merge players?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Kangaroos: Farah selected over Ennis

This is an absolute disgrace. Putting aside my pro Bulldogs sentiment for the moment, here are the cold hard facts.

Farah was given not one but two chances as NSW hooker and failed badly on both occasions. With Farah in the side NSW lost (and QLD won) an unprecedented fourth consecutive SOO series.

Ennis was given an opportunity for SOO III and many rated him as one of the best on the field. His combination with Kimmorley was credited with winning NSW the game.

Ennis is the encumbent NSW hooker and was voted 2009 Dally M Hooker of the Year.

The Bulldogs and Ennis progressed to the third round of the finals. Ennis was a standout in week 1 in the Dogs win over Newcastle. He was solid in week 3 in a beaten team.

How did Farah play in the finals? Not much f*ckn good because his team wasn't there. How can anyone reasonably say that Farah has done anything to justify his selection over Ennis when he hasn't even played for a month and was doing stuff all before the finals anyway?

Being selected to play for Australia carries a lot of prestige and what else was Ennis supposed to do to warrant selection? It is a big rip off and there is just no reason for Farah being selected ahead of Ennis

....oh hang on a minute I forgot ... Timmy Sheens, the Australian coach is also the Tigers and Robbie Farah's coach. Could that have something to do with Farah's selection? I used to have some respect for Sheens but now I think he should be ashamed of himself for his bias and nepotism.

On another note Penrith (with 4) have twice as many Australian reps as the top three teams from the minor premiership combined (2 - both from Dogs). So either Penrith who couldn't even make the 8 underachieved in 2009 or St Merge, Dogs and Gold Coast over-achieved. Anyway, well done to both Josh and the Polar Bear on their selection

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They must just look at the last game they played. As apposed to looking at the whole season plus any extra potential the player has.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Champ, its a disgrace but what can you do?

It's his coach. If he picked Ennis over Farah, it might lead to Farah not wanting to be at the Tigers and having a fall out between player and coach.

I know that doesn't make it right but try to put yourself in Sheens' shoes and it doesn't seem that much of a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.