Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
House of debauchery, Bob Dog is disgusted.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wow Christian Porter is having a news conference at 3pm AEDT.

Wonder what that's about.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
NSW Govt Minister Sidoti resigns ahead of ICAC probe.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Porter's statement was as we would expect, and he did the right thing by just waiting for the moment and calling his own press conference. Very polished, even painting himself as a victim. He was a top lawyer in WA (working for the DPP) before entering politics, and comes from political stock, so you wouldn't expect anything less.

I think that the matter will die here politically. He's taken the wind out of the oppositions sails, although he couldn't help but have a little jab at Shorten, in pretending to "know what he went through".

Even though a recent poll found that the public thought the Government were more interested in their own arse than the welfare of women, this won't make any difference come election time i wouldn't think. it will count as a minor blip compared to the other shit that voters don't seem to care about either...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Porter's statement was as we would expect, and he did the right thing by just waiting for the moment and calling his own press conference. Very polished, even painting himself as a victim. He was a top lawyer in WA (working for the DPP) before entering politics, and comes from political stock, so you wouldn't expect anything less.

I think that the matter will die here politically. He's taken the wind out of the oppositions sails, although he couldn't help but have a little jab at Shorten, in pretending to "know what he went through".

Even though a recent poll found that the public thought the Government were more interested in their own arse than the welfare of women, this won't make any difference come election time i wouldn't think. it will count as a minor blip compared to the other shit that voters don't seem to care about either...
Depends on any further leaks from her 31 page dossier.

He said he hadn't been in her room.

Then the reporters said she ironed his shirt, for him, with him in her room.

He suddenly remembered yes she did iron my shirt. Oh yes thats right now I remember....only bc there were 2 other men in the room who have already confirmed the girls account.

Brilliant acting deserving of a Logie.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I find it hard to believe much of what he said. It was very polished, but he let slip in a few instances that while he hadn't seen "anything" about the investigation except this or that bit. Even the frail aspect he'd added to his voice was pissing me off.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on any further leaks from her 31 page dossier.

He said he hadn't been in her room.

Then the reporters said she ironed his shirt, for him, with him in her room.

He suddenly remembered yes she did iron my shirt. Oh yes thats right now I remember....only bc there were 2 other men in the room who have already confirmed the girls account.

Brilliant acting deserving of a Logie.
Admittedly, I only saw the statement and not the questions. That's something pretty big to "forget".

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

There's more important things to discuss, like changing Mr Potato Head's name to just Potato Head and publishers deciding to stop printing a book with a racist caricature of asians and africans. These things are vastly more important than these rape allegations

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Admittedly, I only saw the statement and not the questions. That's something pretty big to "forget".
What I thought as well.

Raised a lot more questions. He said he only heard last Wednesday. The 4 Corners program which the govt complained about with a virtual show cause complaint was early November. Those allegations were aired then about him. Even as Attorney General he would have been involved with legal opinion about the ABC let alone the fact that he was mentioned.

Then he said no one at all had raised the matter personally with him. Turnbull said he raised the matter with him before making him AG along with the matter of the staffer he was caught kissing at the Canberra bar while married and Tudge got the journo to delete the photo.

If the friends aren't happy with that or her parents want to now defend their daughter....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe much of what he said. It was very polished, but he let slip in a few instances that while he hadn't seen "anything" about the investigation except this or that bit. Even the frail aspect he'd added to his voice was pissing me off.
A broken man... ffs pull the other one.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A broken man... ffs pull the other one.
Its so barbaric and unprofessional to have all these reporters shouting out wuestions over the top of each other.

Ffs give them a paddle like at an auction so there's some sort of order.

Ridiculous to conduct our democracy in such a pack of hyenas manner. Whoever is the loudest, or most favourable, wins.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
2 questions....

1. Did the **** actually do it?

2. What card did he play to get away with it?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well it sounds like that ones done and dusted.
What happened to the other MP being accused of rape after a letter was sent to Sarah Henderson?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well it sounds like that ones done and dusted.
What happened to the other MP being accused of rape after a letter was sent to Sarah Henderson?
He's been told they are holding a ministerial position open for him over at Liberal HQ seeing as he now qualifies :grinning:

They've already said its Shorten so nobody is interested. They got their headlines and front pages already.

Unless when you tune into Sky tonight, you find Bolt is reviving it :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Christian says he first heard about it last Wednesday., or it might have been Friday.

Here is the 4 Corners program and article dated 4 November last year. If the ABC made an allegation hinting about your behaviour in a debating team, from 33 years ago, any concerned, innocent man would enquire and find out what that was all about...unless you were guilty of a sexual crime and thought it'd be better to keep your head down.

In fact the Govt made complaints to the ABC at the time.

To believe that he knew nothing of it till last week is a lie. Why even the biggest liar of them all, SM, said he'd heard scuttlebutt rumours for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.