Australian Political Discussion Thread... With memes

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Latham just spoke the truth didn’t he?
I love you bro, but you got this wrong. What Latham said is grossly stereotypical, it’s grossly offensive and it’s homophobic. He is an elected official, he should not be tweeting such guttural language in a public forum.

Latham knows it, that’s why he took it down. It was merely used to ‘shock’ and try and stay relevant because he has bugger all else going for him.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I love you bro, but you got this wrong. What Latham said is grossly stereotypical, it’s grossly offensive and it’s homophobic. He is an elected official, he should not be tweeting such guttural language in a public forum.

Latham knows it, that’s why he took it down. It was merely used to ‘shock’ and try and stay relevant because he has bugger all else going for him.
I'd rather have someone who's a straight shooter rather than someone who sugarcoats the truth.

It's public knowledge that Latham does not support the alphabet warriors (as he has a right to). What he said was fairly blunt, no doubt, but it was also the truth.

PS - I know we have different views on this particular topic but you're still my brother 8-)

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather have someone who's a straight shooter rather than someone who sugarcoats the truth.

It's public knowledge that Latham does not support the alphabet warriors (as he has a right to). What he said was fairly blunt, no doubt, but it was also the truth.

PS - I know we have different views on this particular topic but you're still my brother 8-)
Always brothers..But my man the words he uses are just not right.. They are really hateful and hurtful.. There was no need for it..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We all know the voice is not for the Aboriginal people.

If the Liberals are backing it you know theres a shenanigans goin on.
Whats your thinkin' on this? As in Disposable Hero...hehe just realsed how that could be taken.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats your thinkin' on this DH?
Well for starters there are already many aboriginal ministers and members not to mention many many Advisory groups and yet we have soooo many indigineous without a so called voice in parlaiment. But thats a side story i guess.

Half the people living in communities in NT and WA north QLD have no idea or understanding about "the voice to parlaiment. How will it represent those people? I guess that is yet to be seen.

My understanding is the voice to parlaiment is the first step in a series of changes coming I forget the process but the voice to parlaiment is not a new scheme government have been working on this for some time.
I will have to find the articles relating to this.

We are going to give a voice to parlaiment to people in this country who are split among 100's maybe 1000's of tribes and communities with their own understandings and ideas. How?
Or
will it be the same as it always has been a select few with no knowledge outdide thier own bubble making the decisions for all the bubbles?

Some interesting reading below.

Im not a huge fan of mainstream media. But some more reading.

I apologize if my post seems random and not in order I find it extremely dificult at times getting all the information out of my head onto the forums with typing on phone app.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well for starters there are already many aboriginal ministers and members not to mention many many Advisory groups and yet we have soooo many indigineous without a so called voice in parlaiment. But thats a side story i guess.

Half the people living in communities in NT and WA north QLD have no idea or understanding about "the voice to parlaiment. How will it represent those people? I guess that is yet to be seen.

My understanding is the voice to parlaiment is the first step in a series of changes coming I forget the process but the voice to parlaiment is not a new scheme government have been working on this for some time.
I will have to find the articles relating to this.

We are going to give a voice to parlaiment to people in this country who are split among 100's maybe 1000's of tribes and communities with their own understandings and ideas. How?
Or
will it be the same as it always has been a select few with no knowledge outdide thier own bubble making the decisions for all the bubbles?

Some interesting reading below.

Im not a huge fan of mainstream media. But some more reading.

I apologize if my post seems random and not in order I find it extremely dificult at times getting all the information out of my head onto the forums with typing on phone app.
Thanks for explaining your views...havent had time to fully read as yet but it looks like a valuable debate on what this all means..and for not jumping to conclusions about me using "DH":grinning:..TK can be so aggressive at times and some posters take things the default agressive way and get things out of kilter. Cheers D Hero.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining your views...havent had time to fully read as yet but it looks like a valuable debate on what this all means..and for not jumping to conclusions about me using "DH":grinning:..TK can be so aggressive at times and some posters take things the default agressive way and get things out of kilter. Cheers D Hero.
Its ok Wendog.

While we don't communicate often. I have watched your behaviours over the last 10 years or so Ive been on TK. I know that you used DH in reference to my username.

I would love if you could visit Darwin / NT remote areas one day. See the reality that the MSM does not show.

While im at it watch the movie below if you havent yet. It gives great insite to community life and offers contrasts of view

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Australian politics is such a disaster. Every election we are just voting for the least shit candidate.

Tony Abbott is the only PM I have genuinely voted for in my lifetime. The others it has always been a case of who is a lesser grub/crook/snake etc.
Tony a Abbott was a man with principle and was down with the Lebs, I voted for him and think he was treated hardship.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its ok Wendog.

While we don't communicate often. I have watched your behaviours over the last 10 years or so Ive been on TK. I know that you used DH in reference to my username.

I would love if you could visit Darwin / NT remote areas one day. See the reality that the MSM does not show.

While im at it watch the movie below if you havent yet. It gives great insite to community life and offers contrasts of view

Thanks for posting that information DH. Presenting quite a few issues that will have to be dealt with. I have been to remote locations and also NT. Our son worked at Wadeye and that was an eye opener and I've seen the deterioration of Darwin, Katherine etc....havent been to Alice for several years. Its a very complex problem and a few home truths will need to be thoroughly explored before even a part solution to all the issues and problems can begin.

But I do feel that we must find a solution that all parties can have input into and get behind it with the required support.

People's lives depend on it in all manner of issues and for all our population.

We need everybody to support a real solution somehow, finally, but its a bloody big task tho and not easy. It's got to start somewhere.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Being a straight shooter and not sugarcoating the truth should not be used as an excuse to be offensive.

He could have written that in a different way to show he doesn't support the LGBTQ......... but just wanted the headlines.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its ok Wendog.

This is pretty out there DH.