Australia Day

Do you care about Australia Day And post why/why not

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Watch the Grand Final and the Finals again. Anasta was deadset carried and our best performance in the 2004 Finals was when he was in the stands. Sherwin was the main man.
Man i totally disagree. Sherwin was our best by far i agree but Anasta had a significant input into getting us there.
Each has their own opinion but i've always respected Anasta as a good player and leader. Does not deserve the sh*t he cops

A

Al.Bundy

Man i totally disagree. Sherwin was our best by far i agree but Anasta had a significant input into getting us there.
Each has their own opinion but i've always respected Anasta as a good player and leader. Does not deserve the sh*t he cops
I also feel that Anasta is very under appreciated by our fas. He didn't have the best game in the GF but he had a good year in 04 that went a long way to getting us where we got to (the GF).

He did his job well and supported a dominant halfback. Proved to be a good foil for sherwin.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
I also feel that Anasta is very under appreciated by our fas. He didn't have the best game in the GF but he had a good year in 04 that went a long way to getting us where we got to (the GF).

He did his job well and supported a dominant halfback. Proved to be a good foil for sherwin.
I think we're the only two dogs fans that appreciated his efforts for our club. Oh did i mention he was pushed out of this club as they decided to choose Willie Mason over him

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anasta's problem was he was inconsistent/lazy. He was also a contract player. He, conveniently, played awesome when contract renewal time was near then dropped off again.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Anasta's problem was he was inconsistent/lazy. He was also a contract player. He, conveniently, played awesome when contract renewal time was near then dropped off again.
Yeah a lot of players seem to be like this these days but i've always been impressed by his skills and always has a lot to offer any team when on the field.
In all honesty leaving for the Roosters i think didnt help him take his game to a higher level and i think at the Dogs he would of done much more

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
FMD you guys are still going lol.

Maybe this thread needs to be closed. *looks at Luke*

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But the Roosters can.....

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Anasta was the worst player on the field in the Grand Final for both sides.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score

IMO Terry Lamb was the most under appreciated player. People forget just how great and consistent he was. He was brilliant every week and every minute.

Anasta had his boom year in 2001 and got a four year contract. His form slipped dramatically until his contract was up for renewal in 2005.

BTW he was gone anyways in 2004 and our club failed to show foresight to release him a year earlier when he had the chance. We could have snared Thurston. Same with O'Meley he was long gone and our club could have kept Asotasi. Thankfully we have people wtih vision and foresight in place now.

N

nuffnuffs

28 to 26, looks like Australia day is a winner,

LOL this thread should be a sticky, lol

best thread ever,

we have had chant discusions, flag discusions, race discusions, football discusions tea and scon discusions, this thread had it all,

LOL at those who said it was dead, its going stronger than ever and the poll is in Australias favour wooo hooo

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

doggies doggies doggies oi oi oi

can you pass me a scon hasoon please

N

nuffnuffs

IMO Terry Lamb was the most under appreciated player. People forget just how great and consistent he was. He was brilliant every week and every minute.

Anasta had his boom year in 2001 and got a four year contract. His form slipped dramatically until his contract was up for renewal in 2005.

BTW he was gone anyways in 2004 and our club failed to show foresight to release him a year earlier when he had the chance. We could have snared Thurston. Same with O'Meley he was long gone and our club could have kept Asotasi. Thankfully we have people wtih vision and foresight in place now.
Hey matt, guess what???

I totally agree with every word of that post.

you can pick yourself up off the floor now

A

Al.Bundy

Anasta was the worst player on the field in the Grand Final for both sides.
Very harsh and unfair Matt. alot of venom in that. Hodges, Walker without even trying mate.

Lamb is Canterbury's favourite son and most peoples childhood hero. I dont think he is under appreciated tbh.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score

Terry Lamb under appreciated? How so? The guy is a god at the Dogs. I love Terry Lamb, the best we ever saw at this club.

Matto i respect your opinion as you have great insight into the dogs. I just see it slightly different to you. BTW keep up your good with giving us great info on what is happening at the club

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
I still don't know how I'm talking to some former officials when I told them straight out that they will never admit how great Baa is as he covered up some serious mismanagement after the 1988 Grand Final by being the champion player he was on the field. Although Bullfrog as CEO has to take responsibility for the drain in players. Lamb rose from a great player to a true legend of the game in 1991 and his reputation was enhanced every season after that. Lamb was so consistent, tough and durable that his individual brilliance is ignored. I'll put some more clips on YouTube when a certain person fixes up the settings on my new laptop LOL.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Terry Lamb under appreciated? How so? The guy is a god at the Dogs. I love Terry Lamb, the best we ever saw at this club.

Matto i respect your opinion as you have great insight into the dogs. I just see it slightly different to you. BTW keep up your good with giving us great info on what is happening at the club
I agree with you about Terry Lamb being the best player the club has had and the best by an absolute country mile. He was one of the best players of all-time from any era. Shame Les Johns was injured a lot. He carried one of the worst sides in our history and will made it competitive. That's why he stands out so far above the rest.

A

Al.Bundy

I still don't know how I'm talking to some former officials when I told them straight out that they will never admit how great Baa is as he covered up some serious mismanagement after the 1988 Grand Final by being the champion player he was on the field. Although Bullfrog as CEO has to take responsibility for the drain in players. Lamb rose from a great player to a true legend of the game in 1991 and his reputation was enhanced every season after that. Lamb was so consistent, tough and durable that his individual brilliance is ignored. I'll put some more clips on YouTube when a certain person fixes up the settings on my new laptop LOL.
You'll get everything you need on Friday ;)

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
As for Anasta. Continual drop balls and kicks out on the full in the Grand Final. The brilliance of Sherwin, the forward dominance of Mason and the power of Utai covered up his errors. IMO Michael Hagan and Garry Hughes were better five-eighths for the club.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As for Anasta. Continual drop balls and kicks out on the full in the Grand Final.
Don't think he did kick out on a full in the GF. Only Finch did from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.