Aussie schoolboys game

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently watching Aussie schoolboys game vs England all 3 of our players are playing well and all where in starting line up (Gray 9 Doorey 12 Teaupa 10) despite playing a shit England side Ryan Gray is definitely our future number 9 he is currently best out on field by country mile he scored first try and has set up a few is in everything got speed strong runner and strong passing game . Doorey will be a clone of Josh Jackson in years to come he run a great line to score a great try and has got good ball skills . Teapua making planty of meters and got a good offload I no there young but hopefully all signs for Future

In the second half

They rested gray as they play again mid week the two poms that where calling the game said despite him playing only one half they would have still giving him mom
Doorey only played about 15 mins of second half played in centre didn't see as much ball as he did in 1st half
Teapua only played about 10 mins in second half but he still had strong carries and offloads
As I said lets hope they all kick on in the years to come they won 92-0 in a 70 min game but commutators said that they play more stronger teams there next 4 games

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good to see. It's a shame we lost Tommy Talau though.

Hopefully Averillo and Picken continue to develop.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long Gray is contracted for? I have only seen him play a few times but he has always looked a step above.

Hopefully he continues to develop as he has been and can crack NRL in 2/3 years time.

It's great to finally have players like Gray, Averillo and Doorey coming through.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good on the boys, although sources tell me the standard of opposition they played wouldn't beat an under 15's rep side here, only problem with ryan gray is when he played sg ball and got a run in 20's, he gave away between 4-8 penalties a game because he couldn't win a tackle when defending, he is a catch and hold defender who ends up on his back far to often, hopefully we do a lot of work on him in the preseason after xmas. Averillo will be good for us, got a big wrap on the kid, talau will end up playing second row next year at the tigers and although listed in 20's dillon is actually training with isp/ nrl at the tigers.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ryan Gray was man of the match in a 32-20 win against Yorkshire over night.

Malla

Reaction score
Whats the bet we will lose Gray to Roosters lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is Gray related to the other Grays?

paper jam

Waterboy
Reaction score
good luck to the kid but I wouldn't be getting carried away with schoolboy footy most of these guys youll never here of again its a big step up to senior footy

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
good luck to the kid but I wouldn't be getting carried away with schoolboy footy most of these guys youll never here of again its a big step up to senior footy
Its just good that we have players in these squads again the more players we have in these the more chance one or two will turn into NRL players.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is a video of the first game Gray scores around the 4:50 into the video and sets a try up at 7:50.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aussies vs Lancashire

1st half
Jersey numbers
R.Gray - 9
M.Doorey - 12
B. Teapua - 17

This is Aussie toughest game So far Lancashire scored within 1st 60 seconds and was unsuccessful with the goal kick they have had a lot of ball in the first 10 minutes Aussies scored with a great pass by Tommy talau (we will regret letting him go ) to send number 11 over for Aussies scores locked up at 4 all 25th min mark Ryan Gray scores a nice solo try after nothing was on darts from 15 out to score were the poms had a heap of defenders in front of him the commentary team are raving how good he will be in the years to come he was then taken of for a spell poms scored another try after that and then Aussie responded with another to Steven Creighton half Time score Aussies 14- poms 8

Good game
As I said in my previous post Matt doorey is a Josh Jackson clone Ben teapua hasn't done slot with limtlim minutes but I think tommy talau will come back to bit us in years to come still has errors in his game but he is definitely one that got away I will post second half soon

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Aussies vs Lancashire

1st half
Jersey numbers
R.Gray - 9
M.Doorey - 12
B. Teapua - 17

This is Aussie toughest game So far Lancashire scored within 1st 60 seconds and was unsuccessful with the goal kick they have had a lot of ball in the first 10 minutes Aussies scored with a great pass by Tommy talau (we will regret letting him go ) to send number 11 over for Aussies scores locked up at 4 all 25th min mark Ryan Gray scores a nice solo try after nothing was on darts from 15 out to score were the poms had a heap of defenders in front of him the commentary team are raving how good he will be in the years to come he was then taken of for a spell poms scored another try after that and then Aussie responded with another to Steven Creighton half Time score Aussies 14- poms 8

Good game
As I said in my previous post Matt doorey is a Josh Jackson clone Ben teapua hasn't done slot with limtlim minutes but I think tommy talau will come back to bit us in years to come still has errors in his game but he is definitely one that got away I will post second half soon
Talau was brilliant against Lancashire. 4 stand out players for me so far have been Gray, Talau, Stephen Crichton from Penrith (any relation to Christian?) and Bradman Best from Newcastle.

paper jam

Waterboy
Reaction score
seen this game talau and best were the standouts I watched this ryan gray they were talking him up like hes the next cam smith I think he had 2 runs maybe 3 in the whole match maybe its just me but ill wait till he plays 20s next year to see what hes like

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
seen this game talau and best were the standouts I watched this ryan gray they were talking him up like hes the next cam smith I think he had 2 runs maybe 3 in the whole match maybe its just me but ill wait till he plays 20s next year to see what hes like
Gray is a really good dummy half runner so really stands out more in junior levels where ruck defence isn't as tight and where there tends to be less wrestling but you're right it will be interesting to see if he's as effective at Flegg and ISP level. As much as I want to get super excited I have to remind myself that Lichaa was once a very promising hooker at junior level too

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
England up 12-0 at half time only 2 of our players are playing Gray at hooker and teapua of the bench Aussie's look average (raining though) they are dropping alot off footy they are playing against side with super league experience

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Full-time
England 14 - Aussies 8
As I stated 1st half it was a average game alot of push and shove loss ball ect I will say though the coaching needs to be questioned with selection of players and use of bench during the game but that's footy

paper jam

Waterboy
Reaction score
We lost again 18-6 that would be one of the first times an Aussie schoolboy side has lost a series to England very disappointing I'll reserve my judgement on these kids until they play a full season of 20s

Last edited:

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We lost again 18-6 that would be one of the first times an Aussie schoolboy side has lost a series to England very disappointing I'll reserve my judgement on these kids until they play a full season of 20s
I think you'll find they've beaten us quite a few times over there. England Academy is an under 19s team with all the players coming from super league clubs and some actually have super league experience, Aussie schoolboys are made up mostly of 17 year olds and a few guys who would've just turned 18, most haven't even played Flegg.