Attn: Andersons, Hill & The Board

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if it is for 500k, I still think that's money that should be saved for someone who will have more of an impact long term. We have decent props to get by without Klemmer and you can find cheap young or journeyman props quite easily that would cost much less and do a similar job.

I don't blame the board for this Klemmer fiasco at all. I just want them to be patient with the cap space created and not jump at the first big name prop that gets offered to us. Which would also help the Roosters sign someone better....
if klemmer was a back rower, than we potentially could do what your suggesting ... but I genuinely do believe we need another prop for depth ... we cant just rely on Sue and Tolman as the experienced props.. Toomoga and Taulau and ogden are still a bit green..

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
If Napa comes so be it. I think let the roosters sweat it out as obviously salary cap is under pressure lol but if they truly need to release him wait it out and negotiate they pay a portion. Only 2 years contract.
Going back to the original thread, yes this board is not perfect but most of the decisions they have made are correct. Give them the full term to prove it, otherwise then vote them out.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The board have said 2 billion times we can’t make any key signings till 2021
We will never be have room under the cap with the curent board.

We keep losing top players and arent able to sign anyone.

This whole we are still not under the cap nonsense serves 2 purposes:
1) gain political points and lay blame with the old board
2) cover for Lynne Andersons inability to attract players to our club. She has no contacts. No business acumen. No experience in rugby league since 1990. The club has lost all its ability to surround itself with corporates for TPAs.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't agree more. Klemmer goes we riot and vote this board out as soon as possible. The Anderson's are pinheads. THEIR TIME IS DONE
The Andersons will blame the old board for Klemmer and not making the finals once under their watch.

The Andersons belong at the marrivkville markets on a saturday selling chai, not running an NRL football club

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying I have the answers, I'm just stating that times have changed. Bullfrog Moore would NEVER have allowed this Klemmer situation to play out in the media (or would Greenberg imho).

It's almost like the current mob are trying to run things like yesteryear, but instead wandering around aimlessly not sure what they need to be doing to run the club.

Getting players names wrong at a members forum and displaying them for all and sundry to see (including players that have been with us years), is a real worry.

If you can't get players names right (or ensure the person responsible gets them right), then it's a real worry for everything else.
Not sure whether getting names wrong is a real worry? I can’t remember my wife’s name half the time so now I just call her “hey you”.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not making my final judgment yet with this board as chris Anderson has runs on the board however im not liking what im seeing so far and the jury is out

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if klemmer was a back rower, than we potentially could do what your suggesting ... but I genuinely do believe we need another prop for depth ... we cant just rely on Sue and Tolman as the experienced props.. Toomoga and Taulau and ogden are still a bit green..
They are green but hopefully they have big offseasons and the opportunity for more minutes will motivate them further.

Sue makes some silly errors and is very inconsistent but he has a lot of skill and can be destructive on his day. I think we'd get by with who we have.

But you're right, second row is where our true depth lies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I guess thats one other thing that is concerning, do we have the contacts currently to arrange the TPA's necessary to turn the club back into a serious threat again in the coming years?

It seemed like we were miles behind the Roosters, Brisbane and Souths in that regard with the last regime and its still the same issue.

Surely a club with our financial clout and the size of our fanbase shouldn't be unable to arrange TPAs to rival other clubs?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's disappointing that we will be losing Klemmer, but if the **** does not want to be here, than the **** should not be here.

Some people are being irrational but thats because of the anger and years of torment and disappointment, which is understandable.

Its extremely hard to nab a premiership and all the stars have to align. How long did it take the rorters to nab a premiership after getting a genuine 1, 6 & 7
What about the Sharks? Purchased a 1,6 & 9

Since 2013 our 1, 6, 7 & 9 have been consistently chopped and changed, and when they did SPEND BIG, they bought duds - Williams, Lichaa, BMoz (as a FB), Woods, Foran

The quality is not there now and when there was previously, we missed out! Tedesco? Des not rating Maloney?

Not only is it important purchasing good established players, you have to hit the spot with recruiting upcoming talent, something which we havent done since 2013!

When Desaster came in, we had Finucane, Jackson, Klemmer, Tapau, Kasiano, Reynolds, Mbye, Barba all in our lower grades or just fresh in first grade.

What did they leave us with in the lower grades? They said no to Munster, Mitchell & Watson when they wanted to come over as juniors. What kind of position would we be in today if we had a Munster & Mitchell who could of come up through our ranks?

We all want established class players, but which ones are off-contract? Why would they come to the Dogs after years of drama, and a destabilized and unbalanced squad?

The club is trying now with the youngsters. i.e Meaney, Cogger. Will it work out? No-one knows, but they need to be given a real and fair chance.

New board and coach came in last year and did not have any opportunities to purchase what is needed, firstly due to the known salary cap issues and secondly, the quality we require is just not available on the market.

All the dib & des dishlickers need to sit back and calm the fuck down. Those ***** had 5 years to build and win a premiership. Des made it to 2 GF's, and those were off the back off teams he inherited, and in no way did that **** build those teams.

The **** can coach a squad when a good squad is given to him, but the **** has absolutely no idea on how to build a squad

He than got rid of the majority of the players and replaced them with what he wanted, and every big money signing made by Hasler was and is a fucken flop. Tony Williams, Lichaa ($300k was massive at that time), Brett Morris, Aaron Woods, Kieran broken fucken Foran.

Excellent post mate! What you said is the truth. It's black and white.
Your post puts things into perspective.
We can't say this board hasn't done anything, they have done a good job thus far.
They haven't even been in power for one year yet and people are judging them already.
My only negative on them is the Napa signing if true. I can't see any value in him, I really hope it's not a knee jerk reaction.

I really don't care about how they handled Mad Monday and all that garbage because the truth to the matter is that we're a club with a target on our backs, any board will struggle if they were targets like the bulldogs. It's really unfair but thats the way it is. I only care about whats happening on the field. Success on the field shuts up everyone, shuts up the media, channel 9, Johns, Gould, referees and the NRL altogether. This is how you shut everyone up, by winniing on the field.

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think given we are yet to know what comes of this Klemmer situation, anything we say is pure speculation.
At the moment, the only thing I can criticise of the current board is the handling of the Mad Monday situation.
They did appeal yes and they did get it halved but FFS Jack Wighton was facing jail time and Canberra got off lighter than us.

However, I am not yet prepared to write off the current board at the moment either.
I am not sold on them either, but I need to give them some time to show what their big plans are and how they execute on them is crucial.
Given the mess they inherited, I think less than a year in term is a bit quick to call for their heads.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Andersons will blame the old board for Klemmer and not making the finals once under their watch.

The Andersons belong at the marrivkville markets on a saturday selling chai, not running an NRL football club
That's not fair.
Dib was given more than 10 years on the football club board and we can't give the Andersons 2 years?
Please just be straight down the line and call it for what it is.
People have really got to learn to put their pride to the side. We only want what is good for the club.
It doesn't matter which personality we like or hate at the club, it's about what's best for the dogs.
Give them a chance

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's disappointing that we will be losing Klemmer, but if the **** does not want to be here, than the **** should not be here.

Some people are being irrational but thats because of the anger and years of torment and disappointment, which is understandable.

Its extremely hard to nab a premiership and all the stars have to align. How long did it take the rorters to nab a premiership after getting a genuine 1, 6 & 7
What about the Sharks? Purchased a 1,6 & 9

Since 2013 our 1, 6, 7 & 9 have been consistently chopped and changed, and when they did SPEND BIG, they bought duds - Williams, Lichaa, BMoz (as a FB), Woods, Foran

The quality is not there now and when there was previously, we missed out! Tedesco? Des not rating Maloney?

Not only is it important purchasing good established players, you have to hit the spot with recruiting upcoming talent, something which we havent done since 2013!

When Desaster came in, we had Finucane, Jackson, Klemmer, Tapau, Kasiano, Reynolds, Mbye, Barba all in our lower grades or just fresh in first grade.

What did they leave us with in the lower grades? They said no to Munster, Mitchell & Watson when they wanted to come over as juniors. What kind of position would we be in today if we had a Munster & Mitchell who could of come up through our ranks?

We all want established class players, but which ones are off-contract? Why would they come to the Dogs after years of drama, and a destabilized and unbalanced squad?

The club is trying now with the youngsters. i.e Meaney, Cogger. Will it work out? No-one knows, but they need to be given a real and fair chance.

New board and coach came in last year and did not have any opportunities to purchase what is needed, firstly due to the known salary cap issues and secondly, the quality we require is just not available on the market.

All the dib & des dishlickers need to sit back and calm the fuck down. Those ***** had 5 years to build and win a premiership. Des made it to 2 GF's, and those were off the back off teams he inherited, and in no way did that **** build those teams.

The **** can coach a squad when a good squad is given to him, but the **** has absolutely no idea on how to build a squad

He than got rid of the majority of the players and replaced them with what he wanted, and every big money signing made by Hasler was and is a fucken flop. Tony Williams, Lichaa ($300k was massive at that time), Brett Morris, Aaron Woods, Kieran broken fucken Foran.
Agreed with 99% of what you said except the harsh treatment of BMOZ. Yes, he was signed as a fullback and that didn't work as well as we hoped, but I honestly believe he was great at our club and we got our value from him. Both him and Josh will be sorely missed despite their age.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Agreed with 99% of what you said except the harsh treatment of BMOZ. Yes, he was signed as a fullback and that didn't work as well as we hoped, but I honestly believe he was great at our club and we got our value from him. Both him and Josh will be sorely missed despite their age.
Mate they were only 31. If you consider their position and ever-green form, the club easily could've signed them for a further 2 years. It's the salary cap that was our problem thanks to Ray Dib.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think given we are yet to know what comes of this Klemmer situation, anything we say is pure speculation.
At the moment, the only thing I can criticise of the current board is the handling of the Mad Monday situation.
They did appeal yes and they did get it halved but FFS Jack Wighton was facing jail time and Canberra got off lighter than us.

However, I am not yet prepared to write off the current board at the moment either.
I am not sold on them either, but I need to give them some time to show what their big plans are and how they execute on them is crucial.
Given the mess they inherited, I think less than a year in term is a bit quick to call for their heads.
I get what your saying, but the critical thing that people keep missing in the Mad Monday fiasco is that the club organised the event.. hence the punishment .. Canberra didn't organise for wighton to go clubbing, Brisbane didn't organise lodge to go an terrorise families, souths didn't organise G.I to drink drive.. what happened on Mad Monday was a direct result of the mismanagement of a club organised event .. its a simple as that ..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess thats one other thing that is concerning, do we have the contacts currently to arrange the TPA's necessary to turn the club back into a serious threat again in the coming years?
NRL contracts aren't allowed to have "guarantees" in regards to TPA's. They can have wording like "we will make the best endeavors to help the player with any TPA's that he or his manager may arrange". The club is not allowed to have anything to do with arranging TPA's, that's why they are called Third Party Agreements. The 3rd party being the person/company that the player and/or his manager arranges the deal with. The club is the 1st party and the player the 2nd party. So a TPA is between the 2nd party and the 3rd party, there is no 1st party involvement. (ie; there's a party where everyone gets drunk and some guy promises to pay his favorite player some cash).

It seemed like we were miles behind the Roosters, Brisbane and Souths in that regard with the last regime and its still the same issue.
One NRL team metropolises like Melbourne and Brisbane are always going to have a much larger business base to draw from for their TPA's. Easts and Souths get their TPA's via "contacts", the people (Politis and Crowe) in the club "know" (do business with, have drinks with etc) potential 3rd parties, so they do OK that way. That's why its important not to just have ex players as Board Members, there needs to be a decent representation of business people with contacts. Of the current Board I see Lynne Anderson and John Khoury as the most likely to have such contacts.

Surely a club with our financial clout and the size of our fanbase shouldn't be unable to arrange TPAs to rival other clubs?
The size of the leagues club (and its associates) is a good source of TPA's, the fanbase not so much ie; how many Bulldogs fans have the wherewithal to pay a decent TPA?. It's not unusual for a TPA to graduate to being a full club sponsor, if I remember rightly Jaycar was a TPA, and maybe M&J Chickens. As a Bulldogs fan I support the sponsors whenever I can and I make sure I mention that. Simple stuff goes a long way like whenever I go to MacDonalds Punchbowl I tell them that I am here because they support the Bulldogs. Used to do the same at Jaycar, now I tell them I only shop there when I absolutely have to because they don't support the Bulldogs. Every little bit helps.

FWIW, the NRL is currently looking at capping TPA's because of the complaints from other clubs about the clout advantage that Melbourne and Brisbane have with their one team / one town.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Good post. I'm not calling for their heads though. It's just put up or shut up time and this is a pivotal year for them.

Some of the fans are worried about the politics of it all after the turmoil of the last few years.

Obviously, Lynne and Chris would die for the club and want it to do well. Time will tell whether they have what it takes.

People I know told me Hill was a great choice as CEO but so far he's been questionable at best. I get not giving up too much information to the media but it's to the point where you don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

The Mad Monday thing and continual over scrutiny of our cap makes me think like Noad, Greenberg and Castle before him that we have another NRL affiliated CEO who does whatever they say whereas the best clubs constantly challenge everything from the NRL and push the boundaries, especially by cheating the cap.

The last time we won was when we cheated the cap and could afford to pay everyone whatever they want! Those days are clearly not over as evidenced by the Roosters, Storm, Broncos, Cronulla and Souths doing the same.

It's time we stopped trying to pander to the NRL and go renegade like Bullfrog himself did by not sitting idly by while everyone else passes us by.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good post. I'm not calling for their heads though. It's just put up or shut up time and this is a pivotal year for them.

Some of the fans are worried about the politics of it all after the turmoil of the last few years.

Obviously, Lynne and Chris would die for the club and want it to do well. Time will tell whether they have what it takes.

People I know told me Hill was a great choice as CEO but so far he's been questionable at best. I get not giving up too much information to the media but it's to the point where you don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

The Mad Monday thing and continual over scrutiny of our cap makes me think like Noad, Greenberg and Castle before him that we have another NRL affiliated CEO who does whatever they say whereas the best clubs constantly challenge everything from the NRL and push the boundaries, especially by cheating the cap.

The last time we won was when we cheated the cap and could afford to pay everyone whatever they want! Those days are clearly not over as evidenced by the Roosters, Storm, Broncos, Cronulla and Souths doing the same.

It's time we stopped trying to pander to the NRL and go renegade like Bullfrog himself did by not sitting idly by while everyone else passes us by.

Yep, would have to agree from the politics side.
The constant agenda against us needs to galvanise our club and be combatted from within.
I honestly hope they have the strength to fight back (In the right ways) against the grain to stand up for this great club.

I hope Lynne's business acumen attracts TPA's to retain current players and bring in new players.
Surely her involvement in the Paralympics saw her play her part in sponsorship drives and the likes?
Even the time she spent at Repucom should yield relevant contacts to bring these in.

I understand their premise of doing business behind closed doors so as to not arm the media or other clubs with information to be used against us.
Their is a fine line between having good communication with the stakeholders and fans and allowing others to capitalise on this.
I just hope they deliver the best possible outcomes to the club and restore the bulldog bite of the 80's and 90's in particular.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s with the myth of DIB and TPAs.
Didn’t Klemmers fall through initially under Dib as there was discontent during haslers last season

Also I don’t recall other than Foran any marquee signings under his watch and if was able to get all these TPAs the cap wouldn’t be a mess as they would all be under tpa arranfements instead of back ended contracts

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s with the myth of DIB and TPAs.
Didn’t Klemmers fall through initially under Dib as there was discontent during haslers last season

Also I don’t recall other than Foran any marquee signings under his watch and if was able to get all these TPAs the cap wouldn’t be a mess as they would all be under tpa arranfements instead of back ended contracts
There is no myth. As I said earlier, it was a problem with him around and its a problem now. You're right, if we had TPAs for all of those players we would never have had cap issues. So it needs to be addressed ASAP.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Name one that wasn't?...lance thomson.. James graham..even fatty never took a backward step.. .its the mad Scottish gene!! .. dylan Napa is exactly what we need..and what we've been missing.. .hitmen!!!

Best buy wevé made in years imo...if he signs
So your logic is that red heads that made it in nrl are tough? Well done? Name a nrl player that isn’t? Being ginger has nothing to do with it.