wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Oh no! @ASSASSIN were you aware of this?

Stark Raving Dad (Simpsons episode featuring Michael Jackson)

Pull from circulation
In March 2019, following the release of the documentary film Leaving Neverland, which details allegations against Jackson of child sexual assault, "Stark Raving Dad" was pulled from circulation. Brooks told The Wall Street Journal: "This was a treasured episode. There are a lot of great memories we have wrapped up in that one, and this certainly doesn't allow them to remain. I'm against book-burning of any kind. But this is our book, and we're allowed to take out a chapter." Jean said he believed Jackson had used the episode to groom boys for sexual abuse. The episode was also omitted from the streaming service Disney+ followed by the 2019 reprint of the Season 3 DVD. Slate journalist Isaac Butler criticized the removal as "an offense against art and the medium of television, and part of a growing trend of corporations using their consolidated power and the death of physical media to do damage control by destroying works by troublesome artists".

I guess if anyone has the original season 3 DVD, it will be worth quite a bit now.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Also, remember this guy from the Simpsons movie who everyone hated, EPA head Russ Cargill?

1648678976629.png

Well... he was voiced by Albert Brooks. The same Albert Brooks who voiced the GREATEST EVER one-off character on The Simpsons:

1648679048390.png

For a voice actor to go from one extreme to the other and pull both off well shows just how talented he was. I just don't know how after 15 years I couldn't put the link of the voice of Hank Scorpio and Russ Cargill together as they sounded so damn alike lol.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Also, remember this guy from the Simpsons movie who everyone hated, EPA head Russ Cargill?

View attachment 44779

Well... he was voiced by Albert Brooks. The same Albert Brooks who voiced the GREATEST EVER one-off character on The Simpsons:

View attachment 44780

For a voice actor to go from one extreme to the other and pull both off well shows just how talented he was. I just don't know how after 15 years I couldn't put the link of the voice of Hank Scorpio and Russ Cargill together as they sounded so damn alike lol.
I still reckon we missed our chance in the COVID Days to have a mad little Kennel Simpsons team as there are quite a few here that are obvious Simpsons nerds including me. There was a guy doing lockdown Simpsons trivia where you all zoomed each other and did it I reckon the kennel would have pumped it. Good chance to all meet each other and have a bit of fun.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 44779

View attachment 44780

Jacques.jpg

Don't forget about Jacques ! There's a few others he's done too.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I still reckon we missed our chance in the COVID Days to have a mad little Kennel Simpsons team as there are quite a few here that are obvious Simpsons nerds including me. There was a guy doing lockdown Simpsons trivia where you all zoomed each other and did it I reckon the kennel would have pumped it. Good chance to all meet each other and have a bit of fun.
Man that would've been awesome. We did trivia, but it was just general stuff, no specific topic. Me and the Mrs came first, but didn't win anything lol.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 44779

View attachment 44780

As far as 'one-off' characters go, I think you're right. Hank Scorpio can't be beat. He left the Simpsons world and now plays centre for Manly when not injured. But anyhow, I thought I'd list my top 5 other 'one-offs':

* Lyle Lanley
* Shary Bobbins
* Mr Begrstrom
* Rex Banner
* Larry Burns

Honourable mentions go to any Stonecutter or Movementarian member.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
As far as 'one-off' characters go, I think you're right. Hank Scorpio can't be beat. He left the Simpsons world and now plays centre for Manly when not injured. But anyhow, I thought I'd list my top 5 other 'one-offs':

* Lyle Lanley
* Shary Bobbins
* Mr Begrstrom
* Rex Banner
* Larry Burns

Honourable mentions go to any Stonecutter or Movementarian member.
I actually went to the Manly website to see which player you were referring to, and what was the first picture that comes up?

1648924679906.png