Attack

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone still object to mortgaging the club to sign Bellamy ???
No one objects. It will just never happen. Nothing would make him leave a constant premiership contender for a wooden spoon team. It's not like he's not well compensated at Melbourne.

Why would he leave? And please don't say the challenge. Bellamy want premierships, not the challenge of taking over a wooden spoon team and taking years to try and build them up to what he has now.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone still object to mortgaging the club to sign Bellamy ???
No, I have always been a supporter of using our "apparent wealth" to spend on the coaching team.
The coach is not part of the salary cap, you only get penalised financially with a tax or some bullshit NRL levy for over spending on the coach.
We rejected Bennett twice in the past and decided to go for Moore and some other coach. We probably had a chance in the past to get Bellamy but it's probably too late now. We love Rookie coaches

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dufty to offer more support for TPJ, he likes to offload, use Bellamy's wrestling coach to teach the squad one armed wrestling to get out of tackles.
End of set kicks should include kicks to the wingers to contest or pull their wingers over the line.
Both wingers to work on their speed and be able to kick infield on the trot.
We are gunna beat the Roosters

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one objects. It will just never happen. Nothing would make him leave a constant premiership contender for a wooden spoon team. It's not like he's not well compensated at Melbourne.

Why would he leave? And please don't say the challenge. Bellamy want premierships, not the challenge of taking over a wooden spoon team and taking years to try and build them up to what he has now.
I like how people really think Bellamy is an option

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The challenge is to build a team that Hasler Destroyed, Pay and Barrett failed.
Not losing sleep over it but assuming he rejected, what is there to lose in trying ???

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, I have always been a supporter of using our "apparent wealth" to spend on the coaching team.
The coach is not part of the salary cap, you only get penalised financially with a tax or some bullshit NRL levy for over spending on the coach.
We rejected Bennett twice in the past and decided to go for Moore and some other coach. We probably had a chance in the past to get Bellamy but it's probably too late now. We love Rookie coaches
It seems like we have become a place for rookie coaches to do their work experience practices :fearscream::-)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The challenge is to build a team that Hasler Destroyed, Pay and Barrett failed.
Not losing sleep over it but assuming he rejected, what is there to lose in trying ???
I think they have tried numerous times over the years, as has almost every other club and he's stayed with them the whole time. Again, he's not going to leave when he is a chance to win a comp every year at the Storm and has built a dynasty there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We did buy a two time premiership winning coach and that ended in tears.. :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they have tried numerous times over the years, as has almost every other club and he's stayed with them the whole time. Again, he's not going to leave when he is a chance to win a comp every year at the Storm and has built a dynasty there.
We have to BELIEVE for it to happen...
It's psychology, when there is a will there is a way :-)
But then again...I could be going cuckoo :fearscream::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have to BELIEVE for it to happen...
It's psychology when there is a will there is a way :-)
But then again...I could be going cuckoo :fearscream::tearsofjoy:
Haha. I think we all are after the last six seasons..

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve been running my own business’s since I was 15.. I reckon I could convince him to come if money is NO issue.. I mean any half wit could. Pretty sure he wouldn’t say no to 2 million a year for 5-10 seasons, his wife and kid’s all on huge money too.. where there’s a will there’s a way. I just dont think we are as rich and powerful as we once were or we think we are..

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the way I believe as impossible as it may seem...Never say never :-)
TBH, it is a good way to look at it bro. I feel like all of my bulldogs 2022 hope has all been used up already!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We did buy a two time premiership winning coach and that ended in tears.. :tearsofjoy:
But we did have a premiership window with him and we cannot deny that.
Des did a lot of things wrong(cap management, recruitment & retention etc) but he was given too much power and our chairman at the time trusted him too much.
Yes, it ended in tears but what I'm trying to say is Des is way ahead of Barrett in coaching ability.
The next coach cannot be a rookie and needs to have runs on the board.
Is it too much to ask to win 50% of our games at least as a starter. Or score 4 tries a game, or not lose 6 games in a row.
I just want us to be a normal team, not dead last and laughed at by the whole League community. For starters anyway.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH, it is a good way to look at it bro. I feel like all of my bulldogs 2022 hope has all been used up already!
As difficult as it might seems we should remain positive, the reasons are
We have a very strong stubborn and passionate fan base.
A leagues club that is one of the best Australia wide supporting our cause.
All there is left is the on field resurgence !

Malla

Reaction score
I reckon if we fuck Jackson off this first receiver bullshit we will see instant results.

Cause JMK plays footy in WA time, by the time he gets the ball to Jackson the defense is already in his face. Then was does the plodder do? Throw hospital balls to his halves or in some instances have a go at Dufty because he's not their to try catch a hospital ball he has lined up for him inside.

So yeah fuck jackson off, give the halves a little more time to create and play off the front foot and we will see more success.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our coaching manual for attack has been copied from the Panthers were it works well. In 2022 some of the better attacking teams e.g. storm & sharks do not adopt that structure. When in attacking zone, the half's takes control with the ball going direct in 80% when a backline move is on. The hookers like Harry Grant just don't pass the ball. They scheme & move, left or right bringing their forward with them asking questions to the defensive structure. They also have the vision of when & who should get the ball when attacking.

How coaching manual is different. Our forwards are normally stationery when receiving the ball for a hit up. JMK rarely moves outside the dummy half. Opposition Defense usually know who going to get the ball & there is little deception on our structure. When the ball needs to move out the backline at speed, ball in front of players, with precise passing ... is where it sll breakdown. The movement is clunky & slow. The attack is too sideways , making it easier to defend. The attack needs to be straightened to create spaces put wide.

I know the Dogs have many new players, but some basic structures have not gel despite the off season focus.. TB needs to throw out the current coaching manual & create a another with the Dogs DNA. A structure that will suit the skill set of the team & produce more effective result.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Warren Ryan or Ted Glassop still alive?
Who makes most metres, forwards or the backs?