As the table stands...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morning all!!

I was looking to join the supporters in SYD for the first weekend of the finals, however, looking at the table as is it currently structured, there would be no Sydney games in the first week.

Correct me if I'm wrong;

Broncos
Cowboys
Roosters
Rabbitohs
Storm
Warriors
Bulldogs
Sharks

Would see a finals week of match-ups like ::

Broncos & Rabbitohs @ BNE
Cowbos & Roosters @ Townsville
Storm & Sharks @ MEL
Warriors & Bulldogs @ AKL

I understand that with the seven remaining rounds of the regular season could significantly change this order! This is an imperative, especially for us, playing the Warriors at home would be akin to us last year trying to take out Melbourne in Melbourne..it worked then, but having played the round before the finals at home, should provide an understanding of our expectations.

Any predictions on how the ladder will look come September 7th, 2015?

~cb.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd prolly swap storm and rabbits, storm have got a good run home!!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't be suprised to see warriors choke a few games too

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think merge will finish in top 8.

Melbourne might sneak into top 4, but I think it will be hard to change the top 2.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think merge will finish in top 8.

Melbourne might sneak into top 4, but I think it will be hard to change the top 2.
Sharks have a tough 4 weeks, so ur prolly right!! If we beat sharks next week I think they will find it tough to make the 8

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sharks have a tough 4 weeks, so ur prolly right!! If we beat sharks next week I think they will find it tough to make the 8

Our run isn't any easier only easy game we have is the Gold Coast and for some reason we always struggle to beat them.
sharks
roosters
brisbane
Gold Coast
souths

id say very hard run

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our run isn't any easier only easy game we have is the Gold Coast and for some reason we always struggle to beat them.
sharks
roosters
brisbane
Gold Coast
souths

id say very hard run
Yes but I'm a dogs man so were in the top 8 easy :D

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Could Jason Taylor get the wooden spoon with the Tigers? LOL

2. Dragons could continue their slide when they take on Melbourne next week. Possible 7 straight losses.

3. 4th spot is still up for grabs. I think the top 3 is settled, I can't see Brisbane, Nth Qld and Roosters choking.

4. Manly, Cronulla and St Merge could be fighting it out for a spot in the 8. Manly have the class to get close. Raiders home record has been terrible this season (Ricky Stuart Effect) surely they won't make it.

5. Bulldogs vs Sharks at Belmore is a crucial game to distance ourselves from that battle for the top 8.
l
L __> a good scenario for us: We beat the sharks and the dragons lose to the storm

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
sharks
roosters
brisbane
Gold Coast
souths

id say very hard run
I think we need the run we have to get out of 2nd gear

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canberra only play 1 top 8 team in the last 7 rounds. They will be in the 8

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Could Jason Taylor get the wooden spoon with the Tigers? LOL

2. Dragons could continue their slide when they take on Melbourne next week. Possible 7 straight losses.

3. 4th spot is still up for grabs. I think the top 3 is settled, I can't see Brisbane, Nth Qld and Roosters choking.

4. Manly, Cronulla and St Merge could be fighting it out for a spot in the 8. Manly have the class to get close. Raiders home record has been terrible this season (Ricky Stuart Effect) surely they won't make it.

5. Bulldogs vs Sharks at Belmore is a crucial game to distance ourselves from that battle for the top 8.
l
L __> a good scenario for us: We beat the sharks and the dragons lose to the storm
I just looked, raiders only play 1 top 8 team for the rest of the year could sneak in

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sharks
roosters
brisbane
Gold Coast
souths

id say very hard run
What a ****ed up run home as well as warriors and Knights who are kind of a bogey side for us we need atleast 5 of 7 to be top 4 if lucky but most likely 6 of 7 and only need 4 of 7 to make 8

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't see us getting to the top 4 unfortunately. There's a few games that we should have won that will cost us. Best scenario is 5 or 6 and a home final imo.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty if we want a real shot at the title we need to make the top 4, winning 3 grueling games in a row and then expecting to beat one of the best teams again in a grand final will be to much.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
That's hilarious ... I hope it stays that way. Media will shit their pants with faux-outrage.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's hilarious ... I hope it stays that way. Media will shit their pants with faux-outrage.
Suffice to say, no flight reservations were made at this stage, CK.
I too would be interested in the media focus and surprised it has been quoted thus far.
Will likely be watching the finals series from Singapore ((:-)

~cb.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Suffice to say, no flight reservations were made at this stage, CK.
I too would be interested in the media focus and surprised it has been quoted thus far.
Will likely be watching the finals series from Singapore ((:-)

~cb.
It's usually this time of year that I get interested in the race for finals in so far as 'who plays who' and how that affects the ladder.

Take today .... Roosters v Warriors.
When we win, we bridge the gap against teams because of draw situations like that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.