Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Bulldogs powerbrokers have reportedly been made aware of a damning text message that has the potential to further unsettle the stuggling club.

According to the SMH, a message “doing the rounds” claims up to eight players have been left with a bad taste in their mouth in Cameron Ciraldo’s first year in charge.

The main factor that has reportedly left several players disgruntled was regarding Ciraldo’s “workload demands”, including an apparent expectation players should be around training from 8am to 5:30pm.

The former Panthers assistant signed a five-year deal to take over the Belmore-based club in 2023 after Trent Barrett was sacked a year prior.

The Bulldogs are 15th and have the worst for-and-against in the competition despite some big-name player arrivals joining Ciraldo at the club this season, with more recruits coming next year — although they report suggests the unrest has the potential to harm the Dogs’ recruitment prospects.

The Bulldogs have most recently been linked to Knights utility Kurt Mann for next season and he reportedly completed a medical with the club last week.

The potential recruitment move comes after Phil Gould acquired the services of Rabbitohs fullback Blake Taaffe and Panthers utility Jaeman Salmon, both on two-year deals.

Penrith centre Stephen Crichton also signed a four-year deal, following Ciraldo from the reigning premiers.

Interesting read... any truth to this?
I’d be inclined to ignore this. Just a journo trying to rustle up a story for clicks. Normal sh1t from media.
Someone should point out that nowadays “SMH” also means something else in SMS speak lmao

Big Dawg

Waterboy
Reaction score
Are we pretending 5 of those 8 hours aren't spent watching tape of them missing/not even attempting to tackle blokes as they whiz past them? If Okunbur spent 8 hours a day training he wouldn't look like he swallowed a Datsun 120Y, but here we are

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting to look like the guy is just not an NRL coach. It's fine for him to flog the players but if the results don't come he'll lose the dressing room. From those images at halftime yesterday, he's lost the dressing room. Gone by mid next year I'm afraid.
Any truth to these messages, and it shouldn't be CC that's gone but those that can't hack it.

Noises have been heard for last month or so and that's when we have been crap and should have been getting a few wins.

Success comes after all the hard work, less than 1 season in and the fuckers are already raising the white flag... don't belong in the blue and white.

If CC is bringing back the hard work mentality well good on him. success doesn't come from being weak ass flops.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Any truth to these messages, and it shouldn't be CC that's gone but those that can't hack it.

Noises have been heard for last month or so and that's when we have been crap and should have been getting a few wins.

Success comes after all the hard work, less than 1 season in and the fuckers are already raising the white flag... don't belong in the blue and white.

If CC is bringing back the hard work mentality well good on him. success doesn't come from being weak ass flops.
When the poor form started CC said he needs to change the culture, I'm guessing that the work ethic and attitudes of the players was clear back then. It's gotten worse the more he pushes them. I back CC if that's the case.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a good news story, not a bad news story.
don’t like the workload? Fuck off.
Not meeting work commitments? No payout.
I don’t care if it’s billy, fox and burton, if you can’t deliver the effort required to get this club to the top, you’re at the wrong club.
Hit the pavement.
Agree this is good to expose the negative Nancies and deal with them. But the bigger issue is how CC and Gould let it get to this. Good coaches and football managers create a culture of unity, common goals and team spirit, one that does not allow for this BS! That’s the real worry!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Agree this is good to expose the negative Nancies and deal with them. But the bigger issue is how CC and Gould let it get to this. Good coaches and football managers create a culture of unity, common goals and team spirit, one that does not allow for this BS! That’s the real worry!
Gus replaced many players already, can't replace 20 odd players in a year but slowly the problems players are rotated out. This year we had to use players who wouldn't been anticipated to play or play more than a few games but the injuries meant they got more than we bargain for. Positive is we fast tracked the process and we now know who isn't NRL standard.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Been there, done that

Now you aren't worth the effort anymore.

Quite frankly you bore me.
Well then imagine I’m not boring and then break down an nrl 8 hour day, you seem to know the schedule for all nrl clubs when you stated that none of them have 5 hour days, so it should be easy to do

you can include lunch and I’ll even give you a one hour yoga session ffs, that’s 6 hours to go, still way too much spare time, coach steeliz will be sitting down twiddling his thumbs not knowing what to do while the players stand around waiting for their next instructions