Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Steeliz “ok I’ve got an idea, you guys can roll around on those inflatable gym balls, do that for an hour ffs”

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well then imagine I’m not boring and then break down an nrl 8 hour day, you seem to know the schedule for all nrl clubs when you stated that none of them have 5 hour days, so it should be easy to do

you can include lunch and I’ll even give you a one hour yoga session ffs, that’s 6 hours to go, still way too much spare time, coach steeliz will be sitting down twiddling his thumbs not knowing what to do while the players stand around waiting for their next instructions
Boring and repetitive.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Starting to look like the guy is just not an NRL coach. It's fine for him to flog the players but if the results don't come he'll lose the dressing room. From those images at halftime yesterday, he's lost the dressing room. Gone by mid next year I'm afraid.
The sooner the better.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
“Ok now for something different and exciting we are going to have a game of twister, this helps with team bonding and flexibility, we have some spare time so let’s do it for 3.5 hours” coach steeliz

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no I knew that you would read it and I was correct

if I was scared of you I wouldn’t call you a moron and would agree with your post instead
Personal insults?

You got nothing.

BORING

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
“Ok now for something different and exciting we are going to have a game of twister, this helps with team bonding and flexibility, we have some spare time so let’s do it for 3.5 hours” coach steeliz
Dude, go get vaccinated.

COVID has F@#Ked your head.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Coach steeliz “ok I know we had a 3 hour match review session yesterday but today we have some spare time again, so let’s have a 3 hour review of the review, I’m very disappointed in you guys yesterday, it looked like you were going to fall asleep while I was re-emphasising the need for line speed for the 92nd time”

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Coach steeliz “ok I know we had a 3 hour match review session yesterday but today we have some spare time again, so let’s have a 3 hour review of the review, I’m very disappointed in you guys yesterday, it looked like you were going to fall asleep while I was re-emphasising the need for line speed for the 92nd time”
Oh look, now Willie Mason has contradicted you.

Got to give it to you @Rodzilla no matter how wrong you are you hang on to that threat for dear life.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing to see here fringe players who couldn’t step up see ya later.
Also painfully obvious we need a couple of new leaders while we are doing a reset. Strong leaders would set the standards, have kept this in house and pulled the underperformers into line. Jacko is sorely missed.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can't be sure of the extent or if this latest blow up is a Murdoch media sensationalist beat up. Probably somewhere in between. With the way they are playing there would appear to be some truth to coach problems, player problems and Gus problems. However the Board have given the footy club every assistance and flexibility so they can't be blamed in any fair capacity.

Analysing the defence and on field body language of the top players, its evident there is a massive problem. In that case it is fair to assess all those involved in the actual Footy Department, players, coaching staff....all of them have been a part of this massive failure of a season.

With all this publicity, 360 player criticism and coach presser criticism, one wonders what team CC will select today to mark his line in the sand and what the morale is gonna be like for the Titans game and what kind of performance we will see.

The interactions between the coach and players after this must be highly strained and how can it be healed?...the worst offenders are the captains and long term signed players. This is not gonna be fixed by RFM, Sutton,Oki etc leaving.

Some of these players are SOO, Pacifica etc Internationals and have been prepared to humiliate themselves, their families, teammates and club (employers) and fans who support them, by their poor efforts, so the morale must be at an all time low and will not be an easy fix..if it can be fixed with just loosing those few mentioned lazy players....there's not many who even seem that invested in Ciro's processes... so where to now :(
All this media sh!t is Deflection from the Rabbitohs crisis and a slow news day… of course there’s going to be unrest, expected since we’re now at the end of the season and sh!t is getting real for uncontracted players and those “uncomfortable” with hard work. We’re clearly setting expectations and weeding out the weak. Sometimes things need to get worse to get better.

As Bullfrog said “the club isn’t about the four walls surrounding it, it’s about the people inside the four walls” - ain’t that the truth!!

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can see why someone would question whether or not the establishment they are in is right for them, when you go to a new place of work you have expectations of how it will effect your lifestyle - same goes when new management takes over an existing position you are working under.

If you are on a set amount and perceive that you'll will have a certain lifestyle when signing that contract and then things change that could be quite mentally draining.

If they know they could get similar money elsewhere and have a lifestyle that meets their preconceived lifestyle demands it would be hard to want to stick around.
Easier said than done, it's good having patience for juniors to rise up and commit to the club. They only know the Bulldogs way and just assume other clubs do mostly similar.
Obviously you can't have them all juniors, but it'll help

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What’s your problem mate? Give it a rest

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So has anyone actually seen this mythical text?