Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
This 'leak' screams 'lets change the narrative away from Ciraldo can't coach, to Ciraldo is too tough a coach the players can't handle it'

What are these blokes doing during 9.5 hours of training anyway

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope we keep Flanno as extra hooker insurance for Mahoney. Gotta spend 95% of cap anyways which sucks.
I think Mann will cover that extra dummy half as well as few extra positions - saves buying extra players

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's always hard to get rid of underperforming duds by force. Doing so always removes your ability to control the narrative. Always better to take things out of their hands and get them to quit.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
The context of such a 'text' is what's important, as I know when I'm messaging others in private I'll exaggerate and complain just for the sake of venting, presenting things much worse than they are and how I really feel about them.

That being said, if we just take this article at face value, isn't it a net positive for us that potentially 8 players have outed themselves as unsuitable for our rebuild? You'd think the article wouldn't miss a chance to mention Ciraldo's demands as actually being unreasonable compared to the norm if they could (or maybe those details are being saved to feature in the next NRL360 episode). But if his demand is reasonable for a top side, that would mean his blunder here was to implement standards and hold players to them...

When the talk came out about RFM/Sutton, and we were linked with Taffe/Salmon and others, Gus and Ciro both talked about recruiting players who have been developed at a top club or are willing to "train professionally". So if any of this is news to Gus/Ciro, it'd be that a message is "doing the rounds", not that player's are frustrated and unable/unwilling to meet the workload demands.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I watch every game. Clearly you don't watch much if you think Ciraldo is faultless.
If this article is anything to go by clearly there is an issue behind the scenes that no one knows part from the players and coach. If the issue is over training and the players aren't giving it all because they are having a sook than CC isn't to blame if he has to break the weak mindset this club has had for many yrs. No one knows the issue but sure look like an effort n attitude issue. CC can't drop many as we have injuries and rookies . It's just been a bad year to access wtf is happening.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those talking about "this is what you get with a rookie coach with a rookie team", mustn't be old enough to remember former schoolteacher in Ted Glossop lead a young inexperienced team to the '79 Grand Final only to come up short against Saints and then come back a year later to win the comp for the first time in 38 years against Eastern Suburbs.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some of these privileged pretty boys need to come do a week of 12 hour night shifts in an underground gold mine with me.. they’d be begging to go back to Belmore.. fuckin cats haven’t earned their money this year. Hopefully the door knocks out TPJ the stupid thick c$&t on the way out.. waste of money that bloke was.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
bunch of sad people on here complaining that because they have to get into work for 8 hours that this means the club should do it

i guarantee if these people were given the option of having a much more short and sharp work session of 4 hours but get paid the same then they would love it, if other companies were offering it then they would join that company and they would work harder and be happier

there must be a whole bunch of meaningless shit going on if ciraldo is asking the players to be around for 8 hours a day, thats what the problem is

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got me fucked what they complaining about still must do fuck all training certainly no tackling probley busy having there meetings
And if 8 players unhappy they can fuck off too don’t care who they are none of our players have performed this year to be honest

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
get them in for a sharp intense 2 hours of game intensity and have an extra conditioning/strength session on every other day, then a film session day, recovery day, some extra community work and send them home, they can have sex at home or with school girls and that can be their additional fitness work

no need to bore them with 8 hours of proving how good of a coach you are

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish everyone had flannos mentality.. bloke got dropped a million times and still performs in reserves and backs up in support yesterday for a try… we should’ve got his dad
A player with his skill set was never going to thrive in a side sitting at the lower quarter of the ladder. Despite him not being up to standard never complained and put his head down for that alone can respect him.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are actually siding with the players because CC is asking them to be available for training from 8am to 5:30pm??

These players need to take a look into the real world. People work 10+ hour days just to stay afloat, earning 20% of what these mugs are on. You can guess which players these are - anybody who I have DM'd about this knows who they are.

The sooner they are out of the club the better.
Who are they dm me

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wish everyone had flannos mentality.. bloke got dropped a million times and still performs in reserves and backs up in support yesterday for a try… we should’ve got his dad
Yes one must concede despite being very much hated by the bulk of the Kennel he picks himself up keeps trying hard. All he's lacking is ability not commitment or attitude.

No way Gus would work with Flanno senior or any hard nose coach for that matter who may disagree or stand in the way of his long term vision.