Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect scenario is seeing okunbor twice watch a player go to score and just effortlessly chase. Burton too, like for fucks sake does the coach tell him bombing everyone doesn’t work?

Malla

Reaction score
Where did I say he's not doing anything or to fire him? Or anything about removing Gus? I've been patient and supportive of Ciraldo most of the season until the last two months which have been very concerning.

He deserves some blame for our performances. If not, then what else is the reason for all of our best players turning to shit? Is that a result of good coaching?
6 months is patient?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yes but players lose concentration and inteeest and hrs soft tissue injuries I assume and have witnessed
Maybe they are treated like puppies, learn for 30 min increments. That's why it take 8hrs . Truely if that's what they are whinging about 8hr days fmd half the players in the NRL will be factory workers working 40hrs plus scratching for overtime

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Bulldogs powerbrokers have reportedly been made aware of a damning text message that has the potential to further unsettle the stuggling club.

According to the SMH, a message “doing the rounds” claims up to eight players have been left with a bad taste in their mouth in Cameron Ciraldo’s first year in charge.

The main factor that has reportedly left several players disgruntled was regarding Ciraldo’s “workload demands”, including an apparent expectation players should be around training from 8am to 5:30pm.

The former Panthers assistant signed a five-year deal to take over the Belmore-based club in 2023 after Trent Barrett was sacked a year prior.

The Bulldogs are 15th and have the worst for-and-against in the competition despite some big-name player arrivals joining Ciraldo at the club this season, with more recruits coming next year — although they report suggests the unrest has the potential to harm the Dogs’ recruitment prospects.

The Bulldogs have most recently been linked to Knights utility Kurt Mann for next season and he reportedly completed a medical with the club last week.

The potential recruitment move comes after Phil Gould acquired the services of Rabbitohs fullback Blake Taaffe and Panthers utility Jaeman Salmon, both on two-year deals.

Penrith centre Stephen Crichton also signed a four-year deal, following Ciraldo from the reigning premiers.

Interesting read... any truth to this?
It’s a nothing story, there’s five blokes whinging about hard work and none of them will infect the club with their toxic, lazy attitude next year

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol this is the time of the year where the telecrap looks at which team is underperforming at the bottom of the ladder then decides to do their annual player unrest story.

There might be some truth to it but I reckon media are making it out to be bigger than it actually is.

Malla

Reaction score
Okay cool. I'll pretend we don't give up 30-40 every game and our best players aren't playing like garbage. Sorry..
I have no idea what you want me to say to you. Nobody is forcing you to watch the games. Tune back in when they start winning.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
A guy I watch the footy with at the ground speaks regularly to Gus etc. Made mention to him about what Enid Blyton will be writing about this week in regards to the team/club. Gus asked what did he mean and of course it was Buzz, Tele, read etc. who like to make a story out of nothing. Gus laughed. This effort is probably one of those Enid moments..

The media is consistently stirring the pot in regards to our club and will take one word and create a shit storm around it.

Any truth to this particular one; who knows but if there is, the players need to wake up and smell the roses. If they are complaining about the training regimen that could explain their lack of application on the field. I can read our games like a script out of neighbours..play well for 25 minutes put on a try and then fold for the rest of the game. Been happening all year. The onfield efforts not so much the fact we have a poor win record is what shits me.NO intensity, NO application to the basics. Excuse the fact that we have had injuries etc. but that does not equate to putting in a crappy effort. We can only play what we have at the club so it is up to them to do the BEST they can, not just for five minutes but for the full 80 and quite simply that has not been happening.

Interesting talk about the players of the past. We had some lightly talented guys but you could be assured that they would put in for the full 80 and work well with those who were talented. Also most had a job to go to as well. That is not the case these days.

I would probably be pretty spot on in saying that that day was not a full one on the paddock. You would have some gym sessions, some video, rehab etc. mixed in. Those hours are pretty much what Joe average does anyway. Myself, working at a school but doing physical work in the garden etc. I start at 6-45 and clock off at 3pm, then go home and do housework, cooking, washing etc. Also go to the gym and workout and walk etc. Give me the big money for that and I would be like a pig in mud.
Only takes a few dissenting voices in a group of people to poison it all. I'm sure they know exactly which players are behind it all and are ensuring those guys moved on from the club. People don't like change, but if we keep doing what we have been doing then we will get what we have been getting which is not a hell of a lot.

Offseason can't come quick enough now. Get everybody away from footy so when they come back to training they are ready to put the work in. Hopefully one tough offseason that mainly focuses on defence. Have a defence and your in most games.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a nothing story, there’s five blokes whinging about hard work and none of them will infect the club with their toxic, lazy attitude next year
Those players winging are probably off contract and likely not being resigned - always the way when out the door, all “grievances” tend to come out.

Storm players get flogged and get tough love from CB, always have, coincides with being the most consistent team in the comp. Folks used to do the same.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I hope any of these fuckers complaining about a full days training are the first ones out the door, this is the attitude and culture that has put this club where it is, fuck the entitled cahunts, Earn you jersey or fuck off.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have no idea what you want me to say to you. Nobody is forcing you to watch the games. Tune back in when they start winning.
I watch every game. Clearly you don't watch much if you think Ciraldo is faultless.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot the boomers with zero experience with high performance sport in this thread :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: