Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Firefighters, good cops, paramedics seeing families cry and blood scenes scenes most paid less than a 100k a year. The audacity on some of these pricks is a joke.
Yep, it is embarrassing these overpaid gorillas are pretending to be footballers. This is an all-time low for the Bulldogs/Berries I am afraid.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A guy I watch the footy with at the ground speaks regularly to Gus etc. Made mention to him about what Enid Blyton will be writing about this week in regards to the team/club. Gus asked what did he mean and of course it was Buzz, Tele, read etc. who like to make a story out of nothing. Gus laughed. This effort is probably one of those Enid moments..

The media is consistently stirring the pot in regards to our club and will take one word and create a shit storm around it.

Any truth to this particular one; who knows but if there is, the players need to wake up and smell the roses. If they are complaining about the training regimen that could explain their lack of application on the field. I can read our games like a script out of neighbours..play well for 25 minutes put on a try and then fold for the rest of the game. Been happening all year. The onfield efforts not so much the fact we have a poor win record is what shits me.NO intensity, NO application to the basics. Excuse the fact that we have had injuries etc. but that does not equate to putting in a crappy effort. We can only play what we have at the club so it is up to them to do the BEST they can, not just for five minutes but for the full 80 and quite simply that has not been happening.

Interesting talk about the players of the past. We had some lightly talented guys but you could be assured that they would put in for the full 80 and work well with those who were talented. Also most had a job to go to as well. That is not the case these days.

I would probably be pretty spot on in saying that that day was not a full one on the paddock. You would have some gym sessions, some video, rehab etc. mixed in. Those hours are pretty much what Joe average does anyway. Myself, working at a school but doing physical work in the garden etc. I start at 6-45 and clock off at 3pm, then go home and do housework, cooking, washing etc. Also go to the gym and workout and walk etc. Give me the big money for that and I would be like a pig in mud.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would have much rathered the spoon than 15th because its the sidekick to the head the club needs.

Look at the turn around the broncos made after theirs, Tigers got unlucky to take it off us.

Last edited:

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s why players from the early days worked physical jobs and in between trained and played there guts out and never whinged.
Now players are so soft, they have to be treated carefully.
That’s why they’re all retards now with dementia

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it's true then guaranteed we will never know who the players are and they don't have the balls to say it to the media because they would be never playing for another club, what club's want whingers and players who don't want to train!!!
Imagine being looked after, payed hundreds of thousands of dollars a year with the opportunity to set yourself up for life. All you have to do is work hard for 10 years. That alone should be incentive enough to strive to be the best you can no matter what club you play for.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would’ve thought until they start winning games, his expectations are realistic. We are terrible on game day so any new skills and experience with practice would be expected until we start winning again. More practice with attack would be a great start.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fk I couldn’t think of anything better.. training at the ground, Keeping fit and weight sessions with basically personal trainers, guidance working on footy skills, video sessions, FREE FOOD (lol)..I’d sleep over ..Fk it would be a dream..
Just to add..I’d rather train than play! What a set up..Lol..bring it on..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty sure they ran a story last year saying that the new players were surprised about the lack of intensity at training under Baz.

Now they are complaining it’s too intense.

FMD
We had a track record to go off with Ferris Wheel and his clubs struggled. It’s not a Touma has been a trainer at premiership winning clubs

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
A few months ago i reported the players are overworked and hence the injury toll.
Not oil, just observation.
Doesn’t this tie into that?
I think the head of performance from the roosters has a big part to play with these injuries.

Malla

Reaction score
You could argue that Burton, Kikau, Mahoney and Fox have been the worst culprits of lazy play and bad attitude on the field and none of them are going anywhere. They're our highest paid players, meant to be our leaders and are all Origin calibre but they play like Reserve Graders and look like they don't want to be there..

All of them deserve a tonne of criticism but all of your posts seem to absolve Ciraldo of any blame and make it seem like he has no control over any of this until he gets rid of the duds, which just isn't true.

As I keep saying, there's plenty of blame to go around and if Ciraldo was half the coach he's meant to be or that you think he is, then we wouldn't be in this situation.
You could argue that Burton, Kikau, Mahoney and Fox have been the worst culprits of lazy play and bad attitude on the field and none of them are going anywhere. They're our highest paid players, meant to be our leaders and are all Origin calibre but they play like Reserve Graders and look like they don't want to be there..

All of them deserve a tonne of criticism but all of your posts seem to absolve Ciraldo of any blame and make it seem like he has no control over any of this until he gets rid of the duds, which just isn't true.

As I keep saying, there's plenty of blame to go around and if Ciraldo was half the coach he's meant to be or that you think he is, then we wouldn't be in this situation.
Criticise them, go for it. For you to assume CC is not doing anything is extremely naive of you. If you’re used to being a bottom licker then become a voting member and task yourself with getting CC and Gus removed.

Reactions: J_B

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with posters way back on page 2, OUT the author and hang shame on the sook(s).

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People on here are really going to act like this is just a player problem and them whinging because it's "too hard" or whatever.

Can some explain why we've had so many training injuries and concussions this year? Or why we've consistently sent out players on match day held together with tape that can barely move? Why were our players burned our barely a month or two into the season? Also what happened to all the good vibes from preseason the club shoved down our throat? Ciraldo with I assume Gus' blessing made RFM captain, handed him a long-term deal yet now there's all this? Na. There's more to this.
So you're really trying to act like these players have been playing well enough in the past to dictate how hard they train ? They got smashed by 40 points in Rd 1 , You gonna tell me they were burned out already ? Or is the real answer the players have been under performing and training like an A grade park football team that is not.even close to how a top 4 nrl side should train. Their bodies are not hardened and can't deal with the work load because of their past training loads does that mean we keep training them like bitches while the other clubs keep training hard ?

Don't blame the injuries on training too hard when you see teams like Penrith with 1 of the lowest injury rates on their roster.

A lot of our players are weak ***** with a bad attitude simple as that. And we finally have a coach who won't stand for it and neither should he

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Criticise them, go for it. For you to assume CC is not doing anything is extremely naive of you. If you’re used to being a bottom licker then become a voting member and task yourself with getting CC and Gus removed.
No one coaches players to do what Kikau and Addo Carr dished up in the first half yesterday, no one coaches a player not to find touch from penalties etc.
Can you confirm if RFM Sutton Topine are leaving? -

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where did I say he's not doing anything or to fire him? Or anything about removing Gus? I've been patient and supportive of Ciraldo most of the season until the last two months which have been very concerning.

He deserves some blame for our performances. If not, then what else is the reason for all of our best players turning to shit? Is that a result of good coaching?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you're really trying to act like these players have been playing well enough in the past to dictate how hard they train ? They got smashed by 40 points in Rd 1 , You gonna tell me they were burned out already ? Or is the real answer the players have been under performing and training like an A grade park football team that is not.even close to how a top 4 nrl side should train. Their bodies are not hardened and can't deal with the work load because of their past training loads does that mean we keep training them like bitches while the other clubs keep training hard ?

Don't blame the injuries on training too hard when you see teams like Penrith with 1 of the lowest injury rates on their roster.

A lot of our players are weak ***** with a bad attitude simple as that. And we finally have a coach who won't stand for it and neither should he
Players like Okunbor Thompson RFM have been at the club a number of years during which success has been minimal - different coaches same poor defence.

Reactions: J_B