Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know anywhere near enough about Basketball to comment. Baz came from the Panther system too, doesn't mean shit really. Anyway I'm sick of the Pantherisation of the Bulldogs and our fans defending everything Panther, disgusting.
I'm not necessarily defending the panthers system. You would expect every clubs fitness/training regime to be fairly similar, especially given the merry go round of coaches/assistanats/fitness coaches etc

I highly doubt that massive extra load is being put on the players, doesn't really make sense.

I think a lot of our players just aren't up to it.

Take a look at defensive line speed, we have fucking none. When kikau raced up to place a hit (vs newcastle), Thompson was still on his heels in the line.

Compare that to Fitzgerald racing out of the line to hit one of our backs, Newcastle's defensive line moved up to plug that hole

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would the rlpa have in place max hours per week for training - or days off - above the 8 weeks between season end and pre season starting.

Players also got time off during bye rounds

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People on here are really going to act like this is just a player problem and them whinging because it's "too hard" or whatever.

Can some explain why we've had so many training injuries and concussions this year? Or why we've consistently sent out players on match day held together with tape that can barely move? Why were our players burned our barely a month or two into the season? Also what happened to all the good vibes from preseason the club shoved down our throat? Ciraldo with I assume Gus' blessing made RFM captain, handed him a long-term deal yet now there's all this? Na. There's more to this.
So out of 17 teams we had the hardest training sessions that’s the reason for the injuries?

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Awwww the poor fucking babies....getting paid 6 figures that doctors get to save people's lives to play a kids game.

Thoughts and prayers for them.
Firefighters, good cops, paramedics seeing families cry and blood scenes scenes most paid less than a 100k a year. The audacity on some of these pricks is a joke.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive decided to post the text. Theres more but i cbf

How’s things my mate?
Where to start. Things not real good right now. Internally we’re done. CC won’t listen to Mahoney- Mahoney said Burton along with Foxx and Cookie have no heart as they spend more time on the rubbing table when they should be spending that time training and leading by example. Foxx openly said to Waddell you can train like a first grader or chill with the Origin boys. Well everyone is wondering why Waddell isn’t progressing. Waddell is in real danger right now of becoming the next Dave Taylor.
Foxx should have played the Broncos. He felt it would give the team the boost to make the top 4 it needed with the best player in the game returning week later. When Foxx told the boys at training TPJ went for Foxx telling him he has more respect for Foxxs shadow than he does for Foxx himself. Burton and Foxx not on great terms at the moment either. They clash a lot at training. It’s an old fashion stand off on who is the team leader. Wilson is stuffed. Toughest kid you’ll come across. I’ve seen him after games struggling to breathe that’s how bad his sternum is.
Mahoney got to Foxx telling him that to win comps you play and train hurt with the boys that are doing the same for you. Foxx’s reply was ‘’I have two rings Mahoney you got Greggys’’. Mahoney then told Foxx you also got 30 kg on every fullback in the comp and TommyT will be the next Origin fullback on one leg. A few more words were exchanged with Mahoney winning those by telling Foxx he’s only a few years away from being milked like the cows on his farm because that’s how fat he’s going to be. Foxx flew to Perth to watch the boys play on a different plane due the tensions between him and everyone else. While things have been mended some it’s as they say. You don’t forget.
Kikau is considering rugby right now. He’s being telling CC for weeks on weeks that he’s not a front row forward, he has serious concerns for his body. He also went into fight for Blake really hard but CC wont admit to being wrong in regards to Flanagan. Flanagan played centre in league and outside centre in Rugby. He’s never been a half. CC’s fall out with Lachlan Lewis was him telling Lewis he will turn Flanagan into the next Cooper Cronk and the leader the club needs. Cookie and Flanagan have formed a little friendship which has upset Burton a lot and Burton hasn’t had a problem in saying it. You will notice that Burton and Cookie rarely connect now. All Burton’s ball comes from Kikau. Cookie will sell Burton the pill and stream the ball to Flanagan every time.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

How’s things my mate?
Where to start. Things not real good right now. Internally we’re done. CC won’t listen to Mahoney- Mahoney said Burton along with Foxx and Cookie have no heart as they spend more time on the rubbing table when they should be spending that time training and leading by example. Foxx openly said to Waddell you can train like a first grader or chill with the Origin boys. Well everyone is wondering why Waddell isn’t progressing. Waddell is in real danger right now of becoming the next Dave Taylor.
Foxx should have played the Broncos. He felt it would give the team the boost to make the top 4 it needed with the best player in the game returning week later. When Foxx told the boys at training TPJ went for Foxx telling him he has more respect for Foxxs shadow than he does for Foxx himself. Burton and Foxx not on great terms at the moment either. They clash a lot at training. It’s an old fashion stand off on who is the team leader. Wilson is stuffed. Toughest kid you’ll come across. I’ve seen him after games struggling to breathe that’s how bad his sternum is.
Mahoney got to Foxx telling him that to win comps you play and train hurt with the boys that are doing the same for you. Foxx’s reply was ‘’I have two rings Mahoney you got Greggys’’. Mahoney then told Foxx you also got 30 kg on every fullback in the comp and TommyT will be the next Origin fullback on one leg. A few more words were exchanged with Mahoney winning those by telling Foxx he’s only a few years away from being milked like the cows on his farm because that’s how fat he’s going to be. Foxx flew to Perth to watch the boys play on a different plane due the tensions between him and everyone else. While things have been mended some it’s as they say. You don’t forget.
Kikau is considering rugby right now. He’s being telling CC for weeks on weeks that he’s not a front row forward, he has serious concerns for his body. He also went into fight for Blake really hard but CC wont admit to being wrong in regards to Flanagan. Flanagan played centre in league and outside centre in Rugby. He’s never been a half. CC’s fall out with Lachlan Lewis was him telling Lewis he will turn Flanagan into the next Cooper Cronk and the leader the club needs. Cookie and Flanagan have formed a little friendship which has upset Burton a lot and Burton hasn’t had a problem in saying it. You will notice that Burton and Cookie rarely connect now. All Burton’s ball comes from Kikau. Cookie will sell Burton the pill and stream the ball to Flanagan every time.
You forgot the replace Cookie with Mahoney or Flanno.
Ffs try harder

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is a good news story, not a bad news story.
don’t like the workload? Fuck off.
Not meeting work commitments? No payout.
I don’t care if it’s billy, fox and burton, if you can’t deliver the effort required to get this club to the top, you’re at the wrong club.
Hit the pavement.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

How’s things my mate?
Fox level reporting, they can get a gig with Buzz

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is total bullshit - they may have to put in one or possibly two days a week with those hours (although I doubt even that is true week in and week out), however on most days they have plenty of free time. I know this for certain because plenty live near me (including CC) and frequent the same cafes / local supermarkets etc.

Things on field are plain ugly at the moment, however players and supporters need to stick together more than ever because all the opportunistic haters and those with personal agendas are going to use this situation to further destabilise our club.

Getting rid of underperforming employees is difficult for all employers and even tougher for NRL teams that have to work in an extremely restricted market and under a salary cap.

There are many legitimate reasons for the current state of play and many very real challenges when it comes to finding quality recruits to lift us out of this situation.