ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys is entertaining an overhaul of the Origin eligibility rules to cater for players like Taumalolo.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Have another comp with a Barbarians team type concept.

Leave NSW V QLD alone.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol at all you triggered fukn roaches I will just point that JT played all of his junior football in QLD and was QLD Schoolboy rep player. he was always eligible to play for QLD .He is an Australian and A QUEENSLANDER him choosing to represent his parents country of origin at international level should never have precluded him from playing origin . looking forward to seeing him in a maroon jersey next year. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whats your thoughts on Kangaroo selection via SOO tho?

SBW played for NSW too ...but...any grey areas ya reckon if they want to play for Dad's country and not Oz after SOO?

SOO not going to be selection game for Australia?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they change the rules to let anyone play origin it'll kill it. Origin isn't the best Vs the best it's a grudge match built on passion and hatred.
but that’s the point it shouldn’t be anyone can play origin just players raised in the country that still would like to play for the kiwis because
1. They were either born in New Zealand
Or
2. It’s there heritage

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol at all you triggered fukn roaches I will just point that JT played all of his junior football in QLD and was QLD Schoolboy rep player. he was always eligible to play for QLD .He is an Australian and A QUEENSLANDER him choosing to represent his parents country of origin at international level should never have precluded him from playing origin . looking forward to seeing him in a maroon jersey next year. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
This is 100% percent correct.

he chose to represent New Zealand but he was always eligible for Queensland..

To say well he picked nz bad luck is stupid and is the reason why the kiwis will always struggle to be better then Australia

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This, plus he looks like a Queenslander and would look fucking fantastic in a maroon jersey.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats your thoughts on Kangaroo selection via SOO tho?

SBW played for NSW too ...but...any grey areas ya reckon if they want to play for Dad's country and not Oz after SOO?

SOO not going to be selection game for Australia?
No not really wendog if they emigrated as children or are first generation Australian what’s the harm in letting them play for their country of origin at international level, it will strengthen the game internationally . I also think that a lot of these players will be more likely to want to play in an Australian jersey after they have played in an origin series.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No not really wendog if they emigrated as children or are first generation Australian what’s the harm in letting them play for their country of origin at international level, it will strengthen the game internationally . I also think that a lot of these players will be more likely to want to play in an Australian jersey after they have played in an origin series.
Thats my only concern.

If they play SOO, kinda think they should be available for Kangaroos.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The great and powerful Mal asked him and he said no :tearsofjoy:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats my only concern.

If they play SOO, kinda think they should be available for Kangaroos.
They will be if they choose to be and if they don’t then what’s the downside of having a stronger international competition