Are we tanking?

Malla

Reaction score
It's just so frustrating, you can see the effort.

We need a leader, someone who's going to challenge bad calls, give it to players who eye gouge their team mates, rub the opposition up the wrong way and stick their necks out.

As Ennis isn't available the next best leader would be Lachlan Lewis . Team him up with Josh reynolds and we've got a team that has a fighting chance at winning
Would love to have Reynolds back with us. Not because of his footy talent (lack thereof) but just having a bulldog through and through back playing with us will get the best out of others in the team.

Josh knows what it takes to be a bulldog.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's just so frustrating, you can see the effort.

We need a leader, someone who's going to challenge bad calls, give it to players who eye gouge their team mates, rub the opposition up the wrong way and stick their necks out.

As Ennis isn't available the next best leader would be Lachlan Lewis . Team him up with Josh reynolds and we've got a team that has a fighting chance at winning
Like what you say about reynolds and lewis.energy and motivation from those two is the best my worry is reynolds injuries.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Would love to have Reynolds back with us. Not because of his footy talent (lack thereof) but just having a bulldog through and through back playing with us will get the best out of others in the team.

Josh knows what it takes to be a bulldog.
I wonder if Josh would go back to Hooker. Maybe we can talk the the Tigers about getting him time in reserve grade or a trade out now so he can start crafting his trade in that role over here with the Tigers paying the majority of his salary. I'd prefer he didn't play in the halves.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wonder if Josh would go back to Hooker. Maybe we can talk the the Tigers about getting him time in reserve grade or a trade out now so he can start crafting his trade in that role over here with the Tigers paying the majority of his salary. I'd prefer he didn't play in the halves.
He's played hooker before. His passing is not crisp though. More harbour bridge style.
Can't fault his passion and energy. Something we're lacking atm

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dogs fans are so pathetic right now that some are still talking about Reynolds LOL. Fucking peak mediocrity.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He's played hooker before. His passing is not crisp though. More harbour bridge style.
Can't fault his passion and energy. Something we're lacking atm
Yeah but it's not something he can't work on. If that's where you future lies, then you put the effort in. That all said, I wouldn't be paying much for him

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would be better to have someone like Barba or SBW back before someone like Reynolds.

The guy might be the most passionate in the world but unless he's willing to play for pennies on the dollar which is really all he's worth then passion and fire will not take you far. Have you all forgotten the brain explosions he had every game.

No look to the future and start building a team not to our past

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like what you say about reynolds and lewis.energy and motivation from those two is the best my worry is reynolds injuries.
Fair enough. Itll just be good to get the enthusiasm back. I can't help comparing the Lewis with Reynolds . Lewis niggling Sam Burgess in the Souths game was remarkable.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough. Itll just be good to get the enthusiasm back. I can't help comparing the Lewis with Reynolds . Lewis niggling Sam Burgess in the Souths game was remarkable.
Yes i agree, enjoyed watching that myself with lewis expect he will soon return to fg.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another example of us tanking to fuck pay off...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think its very possible we are .. some players have given up they are not putting in .. I can only assume it is to remove pay as coach ..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think its very possible we are .. some players have given up they are not putting in .. I can only assume it is to remove pay as coach ..
I'm with ya brother. We are shit, but not this shit.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm with ya brother. We are shit, but not this shit.
I always say defense is attitude.. he we have a really bad attitude atm.. we have struggled all year with our attack, but at least the defense at the start of the year showed commitment..

they have had enough of Pays favoritism and shit game plans..

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My concern is if the players are tanking and get the result they want, whats stopping them from trying this again if they dont like the new coach?

Kind of like robie farah and co at the tigers, right?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My concern is if the players are tanking and get the result they want, whats stopping them from trying this again if they dont like the new coach?

Kind of like robie farah and co at the tigers, right?
If the next coach is this bad, yes it might happen again. Most won't be here for long.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope so, cuz if we really are this shit then fuck me we are a pathetic excuse for a team.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whats the point in tanking there is no draft stupid acussation

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats the point in tanking there is no draft stupid acussation
sporting teams around the world tank when they want their coach removed. Then miraculously become competitive again when they coach is replaced..

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sporting teams around the world tank when they want their coach removed. Then miraculously become competitive again when they coach is replaced..
Of course they do. Man u did it late last year to Jose. They got rid of him and then only lost 1 game out of 17 or 18.... Then the wheels came off! But they definitely do it.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think players tank. Put
Yourself in their shoes. You are on TV in front of family, friends, scouts from other clubs. Your job security and future salary all rely on your performance each week. You only have a small window in the sport to make as much money as you can. Why would you tank a game and make yourself look silly. Sure the players are down on confidence and motivation and out of form which is showing but they are not tanking on purpose .