Rumour Are we getting Paulo ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a few reports saying that if we offload both Cotric and Thompson for decent money we're getting Paulo. Someone on here even claimed he'd already signed. If anyone has any real inside info can you please share ?

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't really want us to be throwing stupid money, competing with the Dolphins war chest. Especially when we've already got Vaughn, TPJ, Hetherington, Thompson, Ava, King and Patalo coming through. I'd rather us have a crack at half or fullback if BBO, Avo, Dufty doesn't work out. We got forwards a plenty (with Kiks as well)!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't really want us to be throwing stupid money, competing with the Dolphins war chest. Especially when we've already got Vaughn, TPJ, Hetherington, Thompson, Ava, King and Patalo coming through. I'd rather us have a crack at half or fullback if BBO, Avo, Dufty doesn't work out. We got forwards a plenty (with Kiks as well)!
If Brad had his way from a list I saw him post th3 other day which included Paulo, he had a whole BOUGHT starting pack for 23 except Jacko who may not be there lol

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Brad had his way from a list I saw him post th3 other day which included Paulo, he had a whole BOUGHT starting pack for 23 except Jacko who may not be there lol
Thompson and Hetherington are bought also. Besides Jackson no-one from our juniors would be good enough to be in our starting pack. Nothing wrong with having a bought pack. Our backs are virtually all bought also.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Aside from getting suspended less, I don't see Paulo as a massive upgrade on Thompson. Certainly not one worth moving Thompson on for, paying some of his deal and then overpaying Paulo on a bigger or similar deal to Thompson.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be honest I would like Cotric and Thompson to stay in 22 with Mahoney and Kikau both coming in 23.

22 is a good year to build for 23 and give us time to workout where Avo and BBO fit.
Me too yet a lot would happily sell both or i should say a lot re Nick and idk 50/50 Thommo, we should remain calm some cannot.
I'm not even that fussed on Paulo let him go to the Pilchards.
Maybe Patolo will develop into a gun or big Tuifua or between them they fill one middle spot for 23.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aside from getting suspended less, I don't see Paulo as a massive upgrade on Thompson. Certainly not one worth moving Thompson on for, paying some of his deal and then overpaying Paulo on a bigger or similar deal to Thompson.
Yep spot on I speculated there could be an at least 200k+ differential.PASS

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Thompson going to attract 3 defenders every time he runs the ball like Paulo does ? Is he big enough to crash through multiple defenders when close to the tryline ? Has he ever been really dominant when defending ? Can he ballplay ? Does he have an offload ?

Paulo would give us much better X-factor than Thompson. Would create much more space for his teammates. Will never get monstered by anyone. He'll be the one doing the monstering.

I used to love watching Kasiano bend the line. Paulo can be similar. Thompson gives up too much size / weight to others (smaller than Elliott FFS)

Last edited:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould already categorically stated the rumours around Thompson are not true.