Are the dogs trying too hard??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been taking note on a few things that i have noticed in the past few Bulldogs games. My notes have been on why the dogs cannot cross the try line. These notes led me to propose a new theory not mentioned before. Coaches and players need to address this because i see this occurring in other teams as well. It involves when players 'try too hard, are too serious and suck the fun out of league, which leads to an inability to score'.

The main thing i noticed is that the Bulldogs are way too serious. They are undoubtedly trying and their mentality is there, but i think they are trying too hard. At times when they attack they look as if they want to score a try after every set and when they do not they then appear as if they have tried every combination and are left with no answers. Everyone knows when you want something so badly you don't get it. My advice is try but don't give 150 pc into each play because it will kill mentality. I rarely see players smile, laugh and look like they are having fun. When i watch the Roosters JWH is always cracking that smirk to other players. Then i look at MBYE and he looks like he is having girl problems. Honestly, Bring back the joy and energy of playing rugby so that tries can come spontaneously and ditch the serious give it all and depressing looks. The dogs just need to have fun (not necessarily play razzle dazzle), slip a few offloads and stop playing textbook footy.

Extending it further, when a player makes a mistake they act as if they have had a death in the family. Honestly, I was so pissed off when Josh Morris spilled the ball in the first attacking set after half time and dropped the f bomb. James Graham also knocked on in the second half and kicked the ball in frustration. Honestly, get over yourselves, it is just a knock-on. Acts like this just make a situation worse. laugh it off instead.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Won't happen under Des. We defs look better when we play unstructured but that's so rare. Hasler is a control freak who prefers awful robotic set plays and nothing off natural instincts.

Here's a thought to: the players are so brainwashed by this corrupt coach, that they FORGOT how to have fun and play footy. Shows why we are so shit at the 9s (albeit a different group of players but still).

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They should be launching attacking raids 20 and 40 metres out, not marching up to the line and hitting a brick wall with no idea.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They definitely don't enjoy playing and Hasler took the fun out of playing years ago...

Players can't express themselves and play their natural game and the last few seasons and Hasler has destroyed all of the players confidence. When you play angry and are always pressing to make things happen the situation just gets worse and worse. Which is what we've seen for seasons now.

Only when a new coach is appointed will we see any change. But Dib and the board are obviously happy with winning 5 of our last 20 and averaging 4 points per first half so why should we care?

Now, to me, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are just a distant memory from my youth which fades more and more each year of failure under Hasler goes by.

They can keep the club they destroyed and if I want to enjoy the team of my youth I'll just throw some highlights on of the club from 13 years ago and earlier...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The team is far too structured, everyone knows. And if you go by the media alot of the players believe that if they complete a few more sets and there's a few less errors they'll win the comp. Hasler has them well and truly brainwashed.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that if the players smile and laugh that somehow our problems will be gone?

LOL

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Trying to hard to play Desball

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
So on the 5th when we kick and they have space to run they even take more time to put a shit kick
In lol
Just playing shit house

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been taking note on a few things that i have noticed in the past few Bulldogs games. My notes have been on why the dogs cannot cross the try line. These notes led me to propose a new theory not mentioned before. Coaches and players need to address this because i see this occurring in other teams as well. It involves when players 'try too hard, are too serious and suck the fun out of league, which leads to an inability to score'.

The main thing i noticed is that the Bulldogs are way too serious. They are undoubtedly trying and their mentality is there, but i think they are trying too hard. At times when they attack they look as if they want to score a try after every set and when they do not they then appear as if they have tried every combination and are left with no answers. Everyone knows when you want something so badly you don't get it. My advice is try but don't give 150 pc into each play because it will kill mentality. I rarely see players smile, laugh and look like they are having fun. When i watch the Roosters JWH is always cracking that smirk to other players. Then i look at MBYE and he looks like he is having girl problems. Honestly, Bring back the joy and energy of playing rugby so that tries can come spontaneously and ditch the serious give it all and depressing looks. The dogs just need to have fun (not necessarily play razzle dazzle), slip a few offloads and stop playing textbook footy.

Extending it further, when a player makes a mistake they act as if they have had a death in the family. Honestly, I was so pissed off when Josh Morris spilled the ball in the first attacking set after half time and dropped the f bomb. James Graham also knocked on in the second half and kicked the ball in frustration. Honestly, get over yourselves, it is just a knock-on. Acts like this just make a situation worse. laugh it off instead.
When hooker and halfback do not quickly direct the attack the right way or fail to threaten the Opponents defensive line with their own running game subsequently the teams attack becomes easily read.
The team has to go into overdrive to make up for lost ground and win or SIMPLY FAIL !
Sadly it's more often the later...

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your message confirms that we as fans are also trying too hard. We're being forced to analyse our performances and make suggestions and recommendations when really the only thing I want to worry about is what I'm drinking next and who we are playing the following week!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ffs

No they're not trying too hard they're just shit with a shit coach

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
My theory is that Des started on this stats path and then somewhere along the line (2014-2015) the whole club fell down it like Alice in wonderland. Because everything is broken down so far I think this path sucked the freedom and fun out of the game for our guys. Hell Des went so far down it we stopped kicking on the 5th. Stats may have their place but that was always in hindsight to see how many tackles you made etc. IMO stats will never beat fun and a team having fun is usually the ones celebrating on GF day.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're too slow from play the ball. No strength, the big boppas get dominated too easily.
And if we fix that up the halves and backs are shit except for bmoz

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think mentally they have given up

Status
Not open for further replies.