Are Players being Coached to Milk the Obstruction Rule ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome win, so happy for the coach, the players, and all us suffering supporters, .. [emoji838][emoji836]️

Would love to see the team continue to grow in confidence and go on a winning streak from here .. especially a big win against those Wotten Wabbits ..

Might be a bit of a contentious comment ..

But is the obstruction rule being milked .. and are coaches now training players to do it …. If so, why are the referees falling for it ..

Do the coaches & players now understand the obstruction rule enough to use it to their advantage when in trouble defensively .. did Foran subtlety move into Preso for the disallowed Wilson try, did Brimson know they were in trouble and run straight and hard into Burton and milk it to disallow the Curran try …

We saw one involving the ref last week, plus I believe there’s been a few others ..

Am I just looking at this with blue & white eyes … or are others seeing the same .. is it happening in other games ?

If so, how long is it going to take the ref’s to catch on to what’s going on here .. ?

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don’t seam to have many try’s pulled back against us
Thats coz we aren't good at taking a dive.

But to answer to the leading question....
Yes, i think they sre milking it. The smarter players that is.

I know it becomes contentious, but if they left it for Refs to decide if a player is impeded or not (rather than a blanket rule), then i think it will discourage players taking a dive.

They wont be protected by the rules of the game and will feel the wrath of their coach if they dive and dont get the call.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Decoys should get through the line, simples. Preston should have been more aware. Obviously if you are expecting to get the ball and you should be then it can be hard to avoid contact.
Of course the opposition will try to milk a penalty it's not like the Dogs don't. All teams will be trying to exploit the interpretation of rules. It's a tough competition to gain advantage so coaches will be trying everything within the rules and trying to push those boundaries.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, obviously. It's a professional sport and coaches or players will seek any advantage they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Awesome win, so happy for the coach, the players, and all us suffering supporters, .. [emoji838][emoji836]️

Would love to see the team continue to grow in confidence and go on a winning streak from here .. especially a big win against those Wotten Wabbits ..

Might be a bit of a contentious comment ..

But is the obstruction rule being milked .. and are coaches now training players to do it …. If so, why are the referees falling for it ..

Do the coaches & players now understand the obstruction rule enough to use it to their advantage when in trouble defensively .. did Foran subtlety move into Preso for the disallowed Wilson try, did Brimson know they were in trouble and run straight and hard into Burton and milk it to disallow the Curran try …

We saw one involving the ref last week, plus I believe there’s been a few others ..

Am I just looking at this with blue & white eyes … or are others seeing the same .. is it happening in other games ?

If so, how long is it going to take the ref’s to catch on to what’s going on here .. ?

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
Of course, indirectly. No one will come out and say "we train, or take pointers about it"

The game as it becomes bigger and richer will evolve to be like soccer with the penalties and technical rulings, unless NRL supports ref self discretion more and should do, carefully. I'm no expert, not sure how they'll sort that.

A big part in a "good" professional soccer players' game unashamadely is they can attract fouls, they train and learn to place their bodies to do so, or act. Some coaches/managers academies like it.

I hate it though

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No doubt, there are many players in the same League as “The Milkman”.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
honestly it was frustrating but all of tonight’s there was logic behind them. Ziggy was on another planet. Bloke was surely a clone of some sorts
Yeah our tries disallowed were understandable. Yesterday was a good day let’s hope we get a few more good days then last season at least

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah our tries disallowed were understandable. Yesterday was a good day let’s hope we get a few more good days then last season at least
Yep hopefully
The garbage guts of the forum let us celebrate this win as it’s
Been a long time coming. They can sow the seed of discourse on Wednesday when no gives a fuck about the maroons of the world. To the rest of us, you bloody beauty, feels good to be a football club again

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is no doubt that teams milk it and its on the refs to see that and more importantly actually think about players more than a grasp away being blocked from stopping a try.

I get players within graps but players who are meters away being blocked is stupid, they need to use common sense for a change.