Arana Tomata

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sandman77

Did he get his contract torn up with the Knights.

Sorry guys tryed to look through old treads to find out got lazy,

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah he did. I think he has signed with Melbourne.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He isnt a dog.

Wrong forum, wrong spelling of Taumata

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
i think i read somewhere it was only a handshake agreement when he it came out about the fight so they withdrew the contract surely the storm are asking for trouble i mean sacked by 3 clubs aint a great start to a career

S

sandman77

He isnt a dog.

Wrong forum, wrong spelling of Taumata
Cehhers for correcting my spelling.

And as usual your the first in to police a thread.

Hey glad you not a mod. Everything would get deleted.

S

sandman77

Melbourne,

how do they do it.

hes likely to be the next big thing, settle down and play for peanuts for them

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I read an article that he signed with melbourne.
And that they didn't insert a good behaviour clause in his contract.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Storm lifeline sees wayward star `looked after' at club

TROUBLED Kiwi teen Arana Taumata is set to stunningly ressurect his NRL career under the tutelage of Craig Bellamy and New Zealand coach Stephen Kearney at the Melbourne Storm.

The talented playmaker made headlines both here and across the Tasman a month ago when his contract with the Bulldogs was ripped up after he got in a fight outside a Sydney bar which left a man reportedly nursing a broken jaw.

It was his third club in as many seasons and immediately prompted the Newcastle Knights, who had been in discussions with him, to look elsewhere.

His NRL future appeared to be in limbo but today Sunday News can reveal Taumata, who turned down two big-money Super League offers, has signed a deal with the Storm after meeting club bosses and putting pen to paper last Sunday night.

Sunday News can also reveal Taumata has been earmarked to replace the game's best player, Greg Inglis, in the No 6 jersey, paving the way for the Kangaroos star to return to the centres next year.

"I'm definitely pleased to get my future sorted out," Taumata told Sunday News last night.

"I had some offers from England and I decided if I was going to stay in the NRL it was going to be with a club that would look after me. That's what Craig Bellamy and Stephen Kearney told me they would do.

"The lifestyle down in Melbourne is a lot different and league players don't get as smothered down there.

"Craig has some things in place for me to do once I get down there and it's all very exciting."

Kearney confirmed Taumata would be linking up with last year's premiers.

"He will be joining us next year and we feel, given the negative history he has, we should give the kid an opportunity," Kearney told Sunday News.

"We have a real good environment for him to thrive in down here and it's just a matter of him taking hold of the opportunity now. It's in his hands now."

Taumata, who acknowledges this deal is his last chance to redeem himself, says he signed with the Storm because the coaching staff promised to help him keep his life on track.

"Everybody knows that in Sydney it can sometimes be hard to stay out of trouble," he said. "I want to get out of Sydney for a while.

"It would have set my future up if I had signed with one of the Super League clubs and I told the Storm I was only going to sign with an NRL club if they would look after me. Craig told me they would be willing to look after me there."

Surprisingly, given his track record, Taumata says he doesn't have any clause in his contract with the Storm which stipulates he stay out of trouble.

"They actually didn't say anything about the fight or about my rocky past," he said. "Craig told me I would be able to start with the Storm with a clean sheet.

"There is no clause in my contract saying `one stuff up and you're gone'.

"I've basically just been told the ball is in my court and I am pretty sure I can make this work."

It is understood Taumata has signed a one-year deal with a two-year option.

And he's been told to get ready to pull on the No 6 jersey in 2009.

"I've been told they are moving Greg Inglis back to centre next year and the standoff spot is mine for the taking.

"It's all there for me and now it's a case of if I want to grab it."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sundaynews/4675152a19773.html
Seems like a done deal.

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wayward but precociously talented teenager Arana Taumata has been thrown a career lifeline, and will resume his NRL career next season under Craig Bellamy at the Melbourne Storm.

Taumata had his contract with the Bulldogs terminated a month ago in the wake of assault allegations that allegedly left a man nursing a broken jaw.

The Knights were set to offer the elusive half a contract for next season, but decided against it after the allegations surrounding Taumata's bar fight became public.

According to Fairfax, Taumata has already put pen to paper on deal with the Storm, and has been earmarked as a potential pivot for the reigning premiers, with Greg Inglis to revert to his favoured position in the centres.

"I'm definitely pleased to get my future sorted out," Taumata told Fairfax.

"I had some offers from England and I decided if I was going to stay in the NRL it was going to be with a club that would look after me.

"That's what Craig Bellamy and Stephen Kearney told me they would do.

"The lifestyle down in Melbourne is a lot different and league players don't get as smothered down there.

"Craig Bellamy has some things in place for me to do once I get down there and it's all very exciting.

Kearney is confident the Storm can provide an environment in which Taumata can shed his tag as a trouble magnet.

"He will be joining us next year and we feel, given the negative history he has, that we should give the kid an opportunity," Kearney told Fairfax.

"We have a good environment for him to thrive in down here and it's just a matter of him taking hold of the opportunity. It's in his hands now."

It's believed Taumata's Storm deal is for one year with a two year option.

K

KL

why didn't he get de-registered. it was ok for Todd carney but no-one else

Gallop you are a ****in joke.

cassyau

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He turned them down He has not signed with Melbourne

CRAZY BULLDOG FAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey has joined English Super League club Wigan i read that a few weeks after he was sacked so not sure if his played for them unless his playing for there 2nd team like the toyota cup.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Great work Bulldogs. Watch Tomato become another Melbourne Storm star while the just as troubled hack Ben Roberts does nothing.

I'd like to know what Arana has done in the past that was so bad to warrant a clause in his Bulldogs contract. Anyone? Is it because he breaks jaws when he punches someone?

Edit: Just read that he hasn't signed with Storm but the article sounded like it was a done deal. He'd be crazy not to join them but I hope he hasn't because they're already too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.