Arana Taumauta To Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I dont know if this has been posted and remove the thread if it has but i was reading on League Unlimited and there is a thread stating that Arana Tamauta will be named at #7 this week against the Roosters, i dont know if its true or not though but thought id share.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Spelt his name wrong, someone fix it lolll

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Go look in the juniors discussion page here and find the Taumauta thread and its mentioned there also

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go look in the juniors discussion page here and find the Taumauta thread and its mentioned there also
no worries found it

AJ is alot like ben roberts, i think the difference is he has a bit more direction and a better kicking game.

Not 2 put 2 much pressure on the kid, i think he will go fine if our fowards can go foward.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha hes a kiwi half with a brain

they r rare

last one was Stacey Jones

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ben roberts back to 5/8? be good to see if he can get back that form he had earlier in the year before he was moved to halfback
guess williams has been dropped and groom is injured or somethin? or is this kid doing better than groom and folkesy is simply giving another kid a go?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would we debut him if we don't even intend on tabling him an offer...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
ben roberts back to 5/8? be good to see if he can get back that form he had earlier in the year before he was moved to halfback
guess williams has been dropped and groom is injured or somethin? or is this kid doing better than groom and folkesy is simply giving another kid a go?
I hope so....he was so much better at 5/8.

So whats this kid Taumata like....i dont get to see much with the lower grades...im now in Qld with no cable :(

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they say he has good build, level headed and could very well be ready for this, that's all i've seen, i don't have cable either, but will do so next year, i thought i could make it through on radio, this forum and replays on big pond videos, but it aint the same, meh

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope so....he was so much better at 5/8.

So whats this kid Taumata like....i dont get to see much with the lower grades...im now in Qld with no cable :(
From what I have seen, he is very talented and fast with good skills, but his problems are that he tries way too much when getting tackled or attemots miracle balls fairly often. I think his defense is quite solid from what I can tell. Can't remember his long kicking game but his short kicking game looks good and attacking.

That is all based on about 3 or so games that I remember or noticed him playing. I wouldn't have thought he was ready either simply because of the fact that he is a bit out of control, and you wouldn't want that out of a FG half at the moment, and I would hope he got the nod only if Groom was injured or in the team on the bench as a hooker because that would be a death sentence to Groom's FG hopes if he was fit and playing Reserves behing Joey first then Tamata.

Lets see what happens. Hope this helped you out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Arana will cause problems for the Roosters if they aren't aware of his playing style.

Not only does he scurry at random like Roberts does, but he is quite smart with his kicks in play (something the Bulldogs currently lack).

With good support around him, he could very easily cause a few headaches for the Roosters. Just a pity Utai's still out as I could see him, SBW, and Taumata beingg dangerous in combination.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Arana will cause problems for the Roosters if they aren't aware of his playing style.

Not only does he scurry at random like Roberts does, but he is quite smart with his kicks in play (something the Bulldogs currently lack).

With good support around him, he could very easily cause a few headaches for the Roosters. Just a pity Utai's still out as I could see him, SBW, and Taumata beingg dangerous in combination.
incredibly valid point mitch
here's hoping

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well didn't Taumata leave the Roosters to come here in the first place? You'd assume they know him fairly well in the lower grades, but i could be wrong so ye.

If he does debut, he'll be solid at best, i can't see him forming a lethal combination with anyone in a week unless he is a freak..The guy is a talent, but debuting at halfback will be a hard ask for anyone

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thanks BT,,,sounds good. Any nice new surprises like unearthing a new star from nowhere is jsut what we need right now. Hope he kills it.

Agree with Mitch too that we miss Utai in attack. I think running in attack hes as valuable as SBW. SBW can also tackle and pass well though. Makes him worth more. They both get injured equally as much sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.