Arana Taumata

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nuffnuffs

arana and kite should be priorities
You would think that. but once again the dogs have made a mistake. And let one of our top talented youngsters go.

Again I will say it Tomato has signed with the Knights

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
You would think that. but once again the dogs have made a mistake. And let one of our top talented youngsters go.

Again I will say it Tomato has signed with the Knights
And your source is???

N

nuffnuffs

Nothing you say is relevant
Would seem once again your comment should be aimed at yourself

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Now I am officially asking you politly to stick to topics and stop harassing me or I will report you to the mods and have you banned.
I hope this matter is now resolved

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
Would seem once again your comment should be aimed at yourself

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Now I am officially asking you politly to stick to topics and stop harassing me or I will report you to the mods and have you banned.
I hope this matter is now resolved
Officially asking me politely? Have me banned? I have not once posted anything derogatory nor threw insults at anyone on this forum nor at the club. Why should I be banned? You however ...? As for staying on the subject, I always have and I've tried to ignore your posts without answering them, however, enough is enough. As I said before, It's people like you that give the doggies' supporters a bad name.

N

nuffnuffs

You are a BS artist you heard nothing on NBN. You are just trying to **** stir
I actually did see on NBN news up in Newcastle Sunday night I believe it was that the knights are excited to announce the signing of Bulldogs youngster after promising signs from his last 2 NRL games for the Bulldogs.

I am not siring the pot I am as frustrated as you all are to see we losing another of our promosing youngsters. And I can see him being another JT going to bite us on the @ss.

N

nuffnuffs

Officially asking me politely? Have me banned? I have not once posted anything derogatory nor threw insults at anyone on this forum nor at the club. Why should I be banned? .
How about you read back through this thread for example

cassyau

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I actually did see on NBN news up in Newcastle Sunday night I believe it was that the knights are excited to announce the signing of Bulldogs youngster after promising signs from his last 2 NRL games for the Bulldogs.

I am not siring the pot I am as frustrated as you all are to see we losing another of our promosing youngsters. And I can see him being another JT going to bite us on the @ss.
Well you seem to be the only one who heard it.

N

nuffnuffs

Well you seem to be the only one who heard it.
That doesn't mean its not true.

You don't have to believe it. I am only passing on the information I have seen. I will put it out there that I will be the first to appologise should I be proven wrong. I would expect the same from you should I be proven correct.

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
I give up, If you cant read back through I am not going to go over old ground with you any further.
You give up because you have no answer. I think I will go back to ignoring you as you have got nothing of real substance to add to any discussion on this forum.

Bye NUFFNUFF

N

nuffnuffs

You give up because you have no answer. I think I will go back to ignoring you as you have got nothing of real substance to add to any discussion on this forum.

Bye NUFFNUFF
I give up because I am not an imature little school girl like yourself. People including mods only have to read back through this thread to see that I have things to contribute to this thread and its you coming on here starting problems for that you should be banned.

I have not reported you yet to the mods but as I have already politly said to you, if you continue harrasing me I will report you.

I hope you do go back to ignoring me. Things were much more peacfull then.

Please ignore me so us mature people can get on with contributing to bulldog discussions

N

nuffnuffs

Knights target boom Bulldog
BY BRETT KEEBLE
14/07/2008 10:38:00 PM
THE Knights are in the box seat to sign Bulldogs prodigy Arana Taumata and groom him as a utility player in the Kurt Gidley mould.

As Canterbury's head of recruitment and talent identification, Newcastle strategic development manager Keith Onslow lured Taumata from the Roosters at the end of 2006.

But Onslow returned to his original club at the start of this season, giving the Knights the inside running to secure the promising playmaker for at least the next two years.

Nineteen-year-old Taumata, known as AJ, made his NRL debut for the Dogs against the Roosters a fortnight ago and has scored a try in each of his three first-grade appearances.

Knights coach Brian Smith used Gidley in an unorthodox but extremely effective role switching between hooker and fullback in Newcastle's 30-18 victory over the Panthers at Penrith last Friday night.

Neither Smith nor Onslow suggested Taumata was in the Gidley class but they are impressed with his versatility.

"I've spoken to AJ's manager . . . We're a fair way down the track and hope to get some sort of indication in the next couple of weeks," Onslow said yesterday.

Smith said: "Keith spoke to me about him recently and I've had a chat to him . . . he's certainly a promising young player with plenty of talent."

Taumata hails from Wellington in New Zealand, from where he joined the Brisbane Broncos on a scholarship as a 16-year-old, then spent last season with the Roosters.

After some standout performances in Canterbury's NYC and NSW Cup teams earlier this year, and a crippling injury toll in the senior ranks, Taumata was given a chance to start at five-eighth against the Roosters two weeks ago.

He played the same position in the Dogs' extra-time loss to South Sydney last week then switched to halfback and shone in their 26-18 upset of the Broncos in Brisbane on Sunday.

"He's a kid who has been in a full-time system since he was 16," Onslow said. "The game has put some labels on him since he's been at a young age, but he's settling down now and he's certainly found his niche as a first-grade footballer, and maybe not even in his best spot yet.

"He offers great utility value because he can play dummy half, lock, half, five-eighth, centre or fullback, and that's the big attraction for us his utility value."

Taumata played rugby union as a schoolboy and Onslow said he had also caught the eye of several Super 14 talent scouts.

In other news, Knights five-eighth Chris Bailey had a herbal injection yesterday to settle a thigh injury and was confident of recovering in time to play against Cronulla at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night.

Bailey strained his left quadriceps against Penrith last Friday but said the injury was not as severe as he first feared, and it had responded well to an injection of a herbal anti-inflammatory called Traumeel.

"He should be OK for this weekend," Knights medical officer Neil Halpin said.

Utility back Wes Naiqama has a broken bone in his foot and will be out for four weeks but NSW and Australian back-rower Steve Simpson is due back after missing the Penrith game with a hip flexor injury. Cooper Vuna is likely to be recalled to replace Naiqama.

Skipper Danny Buderus has targeted the game against Souths at EnergyAustralia Stadium on July 27 for his comeback from a knee injury.

Buderus fractured the top of the tibia in his left leg in the Origin decider a fortnight ago and was told he would be sidelined for anywhere between three and eight weeks.

He said yesterday his knee was responding well to treatment and he would have a scan next Monday to determine how well the bone was healing.

Halfback Luke Walsh, who was injured in Central Newcastle's 42-18 loss to NSW Cup leaders Norths on Sunday, has been cleared of a broken wrist but has suspected ligament damage.

N

nuffnuffs

That article is still speculation, But the NBN news I saw since this article was more substantial.

cassyau

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Knights target boom Bulldog
BY BRETT KEEBLE
14/07/2008 10:38:00 PM
THE Knights are in the box seat to sign Bulldogs prodigy Arana Taumata and groom him as a utility player in the Kurt Gidley mould.

As Canterbury's head of recruitment and talent identification, Newcastle strategic development manager Keith Onslow lured Taumata from the Roosters at the end of 2006.

But Onslow returned to his original club at the start of this season, giving the Knights the inside running to secure the promising playmaker for at least the next two years.

Yeah Nuffnuffs we know all this. The Knights and the Bulldogs are after his signature but noone has signed him yet. He is still a chance of staying atb the dogs and also a chance of going to Newcastle. My point is he has not signed yet. He himself has been on Ten news since the Sunday you are saying it was NBN news that he had signed with the knights and he was saying the Dogs were talking to him about what they wanted from him next year
Nineteen-year-old Taumata, known as AJ, made his NRL debut for the Dogs against the Roosters a fortnight ago and has scored a try in each of his three first-grade appearances.

Knights coach Brian Smith used Gidley in an unorthodox but extremely effective role switching between hooker and fullback in Newcastle's 30-18 victory over the Panthers at Penrith last Friday night.

Neither Smith nor Onslow suggested Taumata was in the Gidley class but they are impressed with his versatility.

"I've spoken to AJ's manager . . . We're a fair way down the track and hope to get some sort of indication in the next couple of weeks," Onslow said yesterday.

Smith said: "Keith spoke to me about him recently and I've had a chat to him . . . he's certainly a promising young player with plenty of talent."

Taumata hails from Wellington in New Zealand, from where he joined the Brisbane Broncos on a scholarship as a 16-year-old, then spent last season with the Roosters.

After some standout performances in Canterbury's NYC and NSW Cup teams earlier this year, and a crippling injury toll in the senior ranks, Taumata was given a chance to start at five-eighth against the Roosters two weeks ago.

He played the same position in the Dogs' extra-time loss to South Sydney last week then switched to halfback and shone in their 26-18 upset of the Broncos in Brisbane on Sunday.

"He's a kid who has been in a full-time system since he was 16," Onslow said. "The game has put some labels on him since he's been at a young age, but he's settling down now and he's certainly found his niche as a first-grade footballer, and maybe not even in his best spot yet.

"He offers great utility value because he can play dummy half, lock, half, five-eighth, centre or fullback, and that's the big attraction for us his utility value."

Taumata played rugby union as a schoolboy and Onslow said he had also caught the eye of several Super 14 talent scouts.

In other news, Knights five-eighth Chris Bailey had a herbal injection yesterday to settle a thigh injury and was confident of recovering in time to play against Cronulla at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night.

Bailey strained his left quadriceps against Penrith last Friday but said the injury was not as severe as he first feared, and it had responded well to an injection of a herbal anti-inflammatory called Traumeel.

"He should be OK for this weekend," Knights medical officer Neil Halpin said.

Utility back Wes Naiqama has a broken bone in his foot and will be out for four weeks but NSW and Australian back-rower Steve Simpson is due back after missing the Penrith game with a hip flexor injury. Cooper Vuna is likely to be recalled to replace Naiqama.

Skipper Danny Buderus has targeted the game against Souths at EnergyAustralia Stadium on July 27 for his comeback from a knee injury.

Buderus fractured the top of the tibia in his left leg in the Origin decider a fortnight ago and was told he would be sidelined for anywhere between three and eight weeks.

He said yesterday his knee was responding well to treatment and he would have a scan next Monday to determine how well the bone was healing.

Halfback Luke Walsh, who was injured in Central Newcastle's 42-18 loss to NSW Cup leaders Norths on Sunday, has been cleared of a broken wrist but has suspected ligament damage.
Yes we know all this Nuffnuffs. But he has not signed with anyone yet. He is still a chance of staying with the dogs and also a chance of going. Arana himself was on Ten new since the Sunday you said they said on NBN news that he had signed with Newcastle and he himself said that the Dogs were talking to him about what they wanted from him next year

Status
Not open for further replies.