Opinion Appointing Interim coach are bulldogs throwing in the towel poll

Is Gus writing season off by appointing an interim coach?

• Total voters

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We can’t rush this decision
Decision has been made the week before the roosters game. That win was a statement made by Gus to show the board it's the right decision.

The rooster game was the first real brick laid down in the rebuild.

I'll make a thread pointing out all the aspects later tonight to back up my claim.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus has stated they just want to get thru this season basically confirming they’ve thrown 2022 season in the trash bin

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't say having an interim coach is throwing in the towel, yes we're not winning the premiership but we aren't winning one this year with a new head coach either. I'm sure everyone at the Bulldogs will still expect to see an improvement in all aspects of the game throughout the year. And it will be used for Gus to see who gives up and who wants to stay and fight.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gus has stated they just want to get thru this season basically confirming they’ve thrown 2022 season in the trash bin
2 realistic goals for 2022....

1. Try to transition reserve players into FG'ers

2. Avoid the spoon

If this happens I'll honestly be happy.

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whether the permanent coach takes over this year or next we still need an Interim coach as even Flanno would not be able to come in understand all the systems and be ready for the training session Tomorrow. Appointing an interim coach gives that person the chance to get up to speed. Thats not to say that person can't have influence this year or even this week if they are known.

Getting an external person in and take over full responsibility from the moment he walks in the door would not be fair to the team or to the coach or the members and fans.

Best situation is interim coach out of Furner/Sandercock/Tangatoa and the new appointee starts working with our team and systems as soon as he is able.
Admin ban this guy. He is making sense.