SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
From 2021-2023.

How’s this going to play out?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck imagine being a Tigers player, I’d bet my left nut he won’t make it to the end of 2019

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
he probably knows he's basically unfireable there now, while his son is there

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Cleary circus rolls on. Very funny if true.

Both are overrated:

• Ivan Cleary hasn't done anything note worthy as coach since taking the Warriors to a GF where he lost to DES.

• Chad Townsend > Nathan Cleary

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This was reported a while back... the only question mark was arround when he was going there (Tigers were digging heels in).

Strong rumour is Bennett to Tigers next year, and Cleary to Panthers as of 2019.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know it sounds stupid that Panthers are rehiring a coach that they sacked them and that Ivan is going back to the club that sacked him but actually its probably helped both, Ivan said that it would have been able to blood Nathan into first grade at such a young age being his father and considering that Nathan has now had that opportunity to make it into first grade and now going into his 4th year in first grade. Now Ivan can come in and has the chance to not only coach his son but a halfback that is ready to take the next step making the job a lot easier for Ivan.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
REEKS of desperation by Phil "5 year plan" Gould. Such a desperate ploy to re-hire a previously sacked coach to keep happy an overrated, but pretty good, halfback.

The way he's chasing him it's as if he's chasing Sir Alex Ferguson...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Goulds 5 year plan is now about 10 years old. Why would Cleary want to be associated with a failure like Gould.
He sacked him once and sacks anyone who disagrees with him.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleary to Panthers and Bennett to Tigers. Macguire to Broncos. Would be a massive get for tigers. Also Tevita Pangai Jr hasn’t re-signed with Broncos yet. Loves Wayne so could also follow him to Tigers.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers need to cut him and go for compensation from Panthers. I'd be looking at RCG or Fisher-Harris

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry but for me that rules a line through Ivan Cleary for me if this is true. How can he be fully focused on the club paying his wages if he has already decided to go elsewhere on 2 years time? His position has pretty much become untenable. Also Nathan is still very young. Why not link up after his current deal and not ruin your reputation?

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
The Cleary’s and Gould can all sit around and jack each other’s cocks off on a new “5 year plan”. What a coward Cleary is leaving the tigers like that

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a nice story father coaching son, but doesnt make a rats arse difference on the scoreboard

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not that it will, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if Ciraldo took Pemriff to a premiership between now and 21, given that Ivan has failed to do so as yet