1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Apparently bulldogs are in talk with semi radradra?

Discussion in 'Rumours' started by Itziby, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Boxer

Boxer THE BOSS Gilded

You missed Holmes lol

2. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

3. NPC83

NPC83 Forum Regular

Just heard on triple M talks went really well with Semi and we are keeping $800k aside for him in 2021.... it’s a lot of money for a winger but I reckon if we sign a $500-$550 reliable centre we could make it work... all rumours thou obviously...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

We have enough money to sign 2 1m players (marquee) and a young gun on a decent contract (similar to Knights and Ponga, so 500-600k). E.g. we could sign Radradra, Latrell and Grant. Obviously we could spread the money out on more players, but remember we have to overpay for anyone to come, so it's really silly to do so. For me regarding marquee signings, I'd look at Radradra after Latrell, Fifita and Arrow (so 3rd or 4th option depending how talks go with the others).

5. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

If you could choose for me d Fifita and latrell are top 2.

Semi and grant would be my gambles.

Not fussed in arrow. Maybe it Tolman goes.

Dwz
    Smith
    Latrell
    Hoppa
    Semi
    Wakeham/Lewis(Foran if he was reasonableY cheap)
    Cogger
    Tolman
    Grant
    Napa
    Chn
    Fifita
    Jackson

Stimson
    Rfm
    To’omaga
    Jmk

6. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Immortal

I think anyone who expects us to be signing multiple marquee players over the next few years is going to be very disappointed.

I spoke to someone at the club and they are focusing heavily on junior recruitment and retention and splashing huge money on big names isn't in the plans.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  7. surfdog

surfdog Forum Regular

800k for 2021, im sure Semi thought talks went well. I see very little value in that for the club.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Scoooby

Scoooby Kennel Addict Premium Member Gilded

Wouldn’t we all lol..!!

9. Natboy II

Natboy II Forum Regular

Exactly mate. We don’t want to go crazy spending money and getting in trouble again. Some people on here think we are going to buy the Australian team (and oh pay overs for them) haha

• Like Like x 1
  10. AlphaPapaBravo

AlphaPapaBravo Immortal

We need to sign one centre and ive warmed to the idea of an older boy seeing as we have Schoupp and Averillo and a host of others coming through. So yeah im happy with 800k for Semi if hes fit and fully committed to giving all he has for us

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. AlphaPapaBravo

AlphaPapaBravo Immortal

this is good...if we sign Semi our backline recruitment is over imo we have depth for wing imo, meaney fullback cover and 3-4 good young centres coming through if you include Harper. Forwards are solid for now, will need to recycle 1-2 come 2022... really its just hooker and a marquee half if Foran goes.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. AlzzBulldog

AlzzBulldog Kennel Enthusiast

God help us if that's true

13. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Immortal

Come off it! It's the best approach the club can take at the minute.

14. Cosmo24

Cosmo24 Forum Regular

Don’t we still have to spend 95% of the cap?
    Are we just going to pay our juniors bigger salaries to get to that mark?

15. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Immortal

The will still be buying players from outside of the club they just won't be buying marquee players like Latrell. The amount it costs to get them to change clubs just isn't worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Slovenia Steve

Slovenia Steve Forum Regular

Agree. It's weird how our supporters haven't learnt from our past mistakes. We've tried to buy ourselves out of troubles and look where it ended us!?!?

Honestly, I'm glad the club is looking long-term and focusing on making the right decisions for the club whether it be retention or buying new players. I truly believe the club is on the way up, though I still have reservations about Pay ... but we'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. NPC83

NPC83 Forum Regular

I don’t like 2 x close to a $1m on outside backs it’s too top heavy in my opinion. Radradra sounds more realistic than Latrell. Latrell is the best centre in the world on his day but you are paying $1m he ain’t coming for less than that unless we entice him with something else.

18. NPC83

NPC83 Forum Regular

The thing I also like about Semi is he takes a lot of pressure off the forwards with his runs and he’s a genuine draw card for the crowds. He will come back fresh after rugby cause there is less contact playing in the outside backs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. AlzzBulldog

AlzzBulldog Kennel Enthusiast

Your kidding yourself if you think we don't eventually need at least 1 or 2 marquee players

20. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Immortal

Agreed, buying your way out of trouble rarely works unless you have a stable base to begin with and even then its risky and it only gives you a premiership window. The club wants long term sustainable success and they are going the right way about it.

The person I spoke to said the club is very confident that they have several players in the lower grades that will plug the holes in our current squad and then they will look at bringing players in.