Apparently bulldogs are in talk with semi radradra?

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m not getting into the whole overpaying thing again. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
See what happens!!!! Seriously we missed out on 3 medioco players lol because we didn't pay overs lol what's gonna happen to marquee players if we don't pay overs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
See what happens!!!! Seriously we missed out on 3 medioco players lol because we didn't pay overs lol what's gonna happen to marquee players if we don't pay overs.
I know exactly what’s going to happen the club isn’t dumb enough to over pay for any player so you’ll be very disappointed that the club isn’t willing to screw up their cap again but you’re going to have to deal with it!

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Latrell's been out of form recently (not just tonight), but he's shown me enough over the last 2 seasons he's a 700k Centre, therefor it'll cost us 900k-1m. The whole Roosters' team was off and for all we know he's already thinking about his future (yeah a top player shouldn't do that, but he's 22). Also if the Rabbitohs were to come in with the same offer, we'd have no chance in signing him.
He is right

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So are the people I'm replying to and who are replying to me. That was also the 1st time I've mentioned Latrell's form and the Roosters' as a team.
I’m talking about these quotes, “He’s a 700k centre, therefore it’ll cost us 900k-1m.” And, “Also if the rabbitohs come in with the same offer we’d have no hope to sign him.”

The constant “we’ll have to pay overs” and “no one will ever sign with us” comments are just getting annoying. You’ll end up with egg on your face soon. Have faith. I’ve never seen the kennel so negative and we have been traveling a whole lot worse than this. Maybe it’s the millennials always depressed, who knows

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know exactly what’s going to happen the club isn’t dumb enough to over pay for any player so you’ll be very disappointed that club isn’t willing to screw up their cap again but you’re going to have to deal with it!
Can we pin this post at the top of the page?

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know exactly what’s going to happen the club isn’t dumb enough to over pay for any player so you’ll be very disappointed that the club isn’t willing to screw up their cap again but you’re going to have to deal with it!
So your happy for our team to play with their
dicks in September lmao thought dib and hasler supporters where blind but andersons crew takes the cake lmao.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
dicks in September lmao thought dib and hasler supporters where blind but andersons crew takes the cake lmao.
No one is happy about it but what’s your solution?

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No one is happy about it but what’s your solution?
Honestly it's to long. But we need a superstar signing. If they can't pull that throw then prepare for new boards and chaos my friend because a superstar attracts star players.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Honestly it's to long. But we need a superstar signing. If they can't pull that throw then prepare for new boards and chaos my friend because a superstar attracts star players.
I’d like to think the members are smart enough to realise we can’t release half of our salary cap and then start buying superstars a season after with barely any money.

When we were constantly shopping players around it caused a toxic environment and all of the players weren’t happy. If we did that now we’d get some good cash together to buy a superstar or two but credit to the current board for not shopping half of the team around again. It’s a process and not an instant one

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think anyone who expects us to be signing multiple marquee players over the next few years is going to be very disappointed.

I spoke to someone at the club and they are focusing heavily on junior recruitment and retention and splashing huge money on big names isn't in the plans.
They still need to spend salary cap tho?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s not about taking sides in either Anderson’s or the Dibs obviously you have a axe to grind with that seeing as you bought it into the conversation. I don’t think September football is that far away anyway.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s not about taking sides in either Anderson’s or the Dibs obviously you have a axe to grind with that seeing as you bought it into the conversation. I don’t think September football is that far away anyway.
Mate we need a superstar. Without it we can forget about September we just need to be realistic. The boys are playing ok but we need those special type of players who can turn a 1% opportunity into a 100% .

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d like to think the members are smart enough to realise we can’t release half of our salary cap and then start buying superstars a season after with barely any money.

When we were constantly shopping players around it caused a toxic environment and all of the players weren’t happy. If we did that now we’d get some good cash together to buy a superstar or two but credit to the current board for not shopping half of the team around again. It’s a process and not an instant one
Mate we don't need to shop players around anymore. Klemmer 800k gone.
Woods 800k gone.
Mbye 800k gone.

That's 2.4 million in cap already, not including the other players going, it's not about how many players we can sign with our cap, it's about the type of players we can bring with our cap. Quality always TRUMPS quantity.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate we don't need to shop players around anymore. Klemmer 800k gone.
Woods 800k gone.
Mbye 800k gone.

That's 2.4 million in cap already, not including the other players going, it's not about how many players we can sign with our cap, it's about the type of players we can bring with our cap. Quality always TRUMPS quantity.
Klemmer wasn’t on that much and the other two we were paying part of their salary but get your point.
The issue is you need to fill a 30 man roster and find that balance. We simply can’t have a repeat of what Des/Castle & Dib did

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Of course we'd have to pay overs to attract an echelon player. And without an echelon player we can't score points so therefore we can't compete to Top 8 standards.

Those stating this obvious necessity are wasting their time. Those against it on here will never concede.

We just have to hope and pray Management's theories and plans all work out.

A long term plan that fosters junior recruitment is better than bandaid fixes.

But if it all primarily hinges on that, then they bloody well get it 100% right.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate we need a superstar. Without it we can forget about September we just need to be realistic. The boys are playing ok but we need those special type of players who can turn a 1% opportunity into a 100% .
The example they gave me was what Cronulla did from 2014-16. They had a squad similar to ours where it was a team that tried hard and had to bring teams down to their level to win. Then in 15 they made a few signings and blooded some good juniors. By 2016 they had the mix the right. Now this all depends on what players become available and how the juniors perform but no plan on fool proof. If executed correctly I can see this working.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The example they gave me was what Cronulla did from 2014-16. They had a squad similar to ours where it was a team that tried hard and had to bring teams down to their level to win. Then in 15 they made a few signings and blooded some good juniors. By 2016 they had the mix the right. Now this all depends on what players become available and how the juniors perform but no plan on fool proof. If executed correctly I can see this working.
Look mate at the end of the day I hope the club works itself out because I think we booth hate losing lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look mate at the end of the day I hope the club works itself out because I think we booth hate losing lol.
That we can agree on. I honestly think we are heading in the right direction.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just a reminder that superstars don’t arrive from Mars, they are developed by clubs