ANZAC Day

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As well as ANZAC day, I also think November 11 should be a public holiday because it's a day for all our fallen soldiers to be remembered - including our ANZACs.
The ***** whinging more than likely can't even handle the weight of the fatigues and gear let alone get on the field.

It's because of those REAL MEN that today's soy boy **** can live free.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The ***** whinging more than likely can't even handle the weight of the fatigues and gear let alone get on the field.

It's because of those REAL MEN that today's soy boy **** can live free.
Little privileged snowflake vaginas

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Coming from a race of people who lived in the crossroads of many battlefields I say theres nothing great about war.

So many good people have died for nothing over the centuries.
We compare ourselves to animals but animals usually have a just reason to kill.

Humans we are a rotten species!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
These are the last words of a Croatian broadcaster before he got captured and executed!

I can't believe while his town was under seige, knowing he was about to be taken prisoner and murdered, was still able to pour his heart out in this way?

I cried the first time I read this and it sometimes brings a tear to my eye.

The times we live in are such ungrateful
times that it makes you wish you had never been born, or better still, born in a different time and for a second time, and only because in this day and age there is not enough love to go round. In vain, all the big houses, expensive cars, winters spent in the High Tartars, Garmisch-Partenkirchen ski resorts, in vain, all the perfumes, all the briefings, all the misty haze of substitutes for a real life. Man relaxes in narcotic-like deceits, skilfully concocted secret paths in life, and then, once it is too late, when he matures and reaches a certain age, all the while blind to all his failures, suddenly he realises that it is too late for new beginnings. The end is near; possibly peering out from around the first corner. There is no way for you to steal back the years, steal back the happiness — if there is no love. It may seem that everything is full of sunshine and joy, you may think that the medals you have received in the shadow of those greater than yourself make your success complete, but I have seen many who walk the streets of the city with empty pockets and heads held high. Their joy in not having possessions is far greater. As they have the city. They have friends. They have a soul. They did not have the money for Zagreb, Vienna, Prague. Their money went to paying for drams of friendship drunk with friends with whom they then waited for the dawn to arrive on Croatian barricades. For some the waiting was too long, so we were left without them. But we know full well where they are. If our lives allow love to permeate our being, just as their love sustained them, at some point, at the end of the road, perhaps even we can expect to die happy.

By Sinisa Glavasevic.

P.s. fuck war! No pride in war.

A

Alexander the Great

You just want more days off you prick [emoji23]
As well as ANZAC day, I also think November 11 should be a public holiday because it's a day for all our fallen soldiers to be remembered - including our ANZACs.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You just want more days off you prick [emoji23]
ANZAC day 100% should be a day off. My question then is why is it that another day remembering ALL our soldiers who have fallen is not as special?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Australians give their support to all Anzacs for their efforts. However, a feral minority want to discontinue Anzac Day.
Really?

Can't we at least get past Australia Day before this "Share this post if you support our troops. 97% of people won't!" malarkey?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here we go again. ANZAC day this year falls on a Saturday. As a result, we will not be getting a day off in lieu on Monday... except for WA and ACT.

What kind of respect is this showing our ANZACs?

Hey - I love a long weekend myself, but I don't see how it's being disrespectful?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hey - I love a long weekend myself, but I don't see how it's being disrespectful?
They sacrificed their own lives for our freedom. Many of them were teenagers. The least we can do is pause and reflect for them, and offer a public holiday even if it falls on a weekend. I don't understand why all public holidays will roll over to the following Monday (if they fall on a weekend) but ANZAC day always misses out.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They sacrificed their own lives for our freedom. Many of them were teenagers. The least we can do is pause and reflect for them, and offer a public holiday even if it falls on a weekend. I don't understand why all public holidays will roll over to the following Monday (if they fall on a weekend) but ANZAC day always misses out.
Yes, we do pause and reflect on them, on Anzac Day itself.

i think there should be an extra public holiday on the Monday personally, but i don't see it is a respect/disrespect is an issue as long as, on the day itself we continue with the dawn service/marches/commemorations etc.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ANZAC day 100% should be a day off. My question then is why is it that another day remembering ALL our soldiers who have fallen is not as special?
Because that is the whole point my man..it is all about the 25th of April..that day..no other.. That is why it is only that day..regardless of whether it falls on a weekend or not.. It actually makes it more important and solemn..it creates a greater respect for THAT day.. Remember it is not a day of celebration..it is a day of remembrance..

Last edited: