ANZAC Day

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Young men lost there lives for a stupid strategy by poms I really feel sorry for who ever have lost there family and loved ones this shouldn’t have happened.

I know that they thought for our freedom but it’s a war and allies are meant to fight together.
In a perfect world, but so many fronts, so many battles you can’t have men from every allied country in the same spot fighting together
Hence world war....

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We did take a beating, but so did the poms, they lost a lot of men
All the more to celebrate these brave men and what they did so we could live in this beautiful country
Still don’t think the poms need to sit back and relax while the Australia got smashed.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
In a perfect world, but so many fronts, so many battles you can’t have men from every allied country in the same spot fighting together
Hence world war....
Yeah true but Australia and the poms where on the same beach.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah true but Australia and the poms where on the same beach.
Nothing has changed with the English.

They talk tough, but when the going gets tough they morph into a woman's blouse!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
God bless the young and old MEN who have their lives on the front lines against tyrannical empires one of which committing one of the histories biggest genocides on a religious group which is still overlooked by majority of world leaders and drowned out by the ww2 genocide. Anyways......

Lest we forget

Australia lost a generation due to the Great War. I don’t think the men who laid their lives down would have it any other way but would only ask we remember and respect their sacrifice.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
God bless the young and old MEN who have their lives on the front lines against tyrannical empires one of which committing one of the histories biggest genocides on a religious group which is still overlooked by majority of world leaders and drowned out by the ww2 genocide. Anyways......

Lest we forget

Australia lost a generation due to the Great War. I don’t think the men who laid their lives down would have it any other way but would only ask we remember and respect their sacrifice.
I dont want to start a shit fight about this but lets not forget the nurses who helped these men they were dealing with horrific injuries that were never seen before .
My grandfather never fired a shot in the war but along with nurses had to deal with the aftermath of an atomic bomb and help innocent people, most of them lost their lives due to radiation related illness, not only that they didn't get the acknowledgement or support from our government for over 50 years . Due to the bomb being from an allied force

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont want to start a shit fight about this but lets not forget the nurses who helped these men they were dealing with horrific injuries that were never seen before .
My grandfather never fired a shot in the war but along with nurses had to deal with the aftermath of an atomic bomb and help innocent people, most of them lost their lives due to radiation related illness, not only that they didn't get the acknowledgement or support from our government for over 50 years . Due to the bomb being from an allied force
Why would that start a shit fight? No one would deny the work of the nurses.
I was specifically talking about the fighting on the front lines. Medics on the front lines etc.

I bet the injured men would have loved nothing more than a feminine woman’s love (caring) at that time of anguish.

Women have done plenty in history playing big roles but we don’t need to add them in historical events where they weren’t.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not at all.. ANZAC day should celebrate and acknowledge all involved in World Wars.

Why would that start a shit fight? No one would deny the work of the nurses. I was specifically talking about the fighting on the front lines. Medics on the front lines etc.
Women have done plenty in history playing big roles but we don’t need to add them in historical events where they weren’t.
In WW2 there was womans auxilliary services. AWAS (Aus Womans Army Service), WRANS (Womans Royal Aus Naval Service), and WAAAF (Womans Aus Aux Air Force). Total of something like 55,000 woman enrolled in aux services.

Aux services were not frontline soldiers, but were designed to supplement Army, Naval and Air Force services. As such woman in WW2 worked in positions such as Communications, Drivers, Radar Techs, Signalling, Mechanics, Cooks, Stewards, etc.

So whilst not frontline soldiers, many served alongside the frontline soliders overseas in key roles.

Fun Fact: My grandfather was a steward for the British Armed Forces.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not at all.. ANZAC day should celebrate and acknowledge all involved in World Wars.

In WW2 there was womans auxilliary services. AWAS (Aus Womans Army Service), WRANS (Womans Royal Aus Naval Service), and WAAAF (Womans Aus Aux Air Force). Total of something like 55,000 woman enrolled in aux services.

Aux services were not frontline soldiers, but were designed to supplement Army, Naval and Air Force services. As such woman in WW2 worked in positions such as Communications, Drivers, Radar Techs, Signalling, Mechanics, Cooks, Stewards, etc.

So whilst not frontline soldiers, many served alongside the frontline soliders overseas in key roles.

Fun Fact: My grandfather was a steward for the British Armed Forces.
Your grandfather and many like him who fought for us to have better lives must be wishing they’d stayed at home and surrendered with how society has become these days.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Your grandfather and many like him who fought for us to have better lives must be wishing they’d stayed at home and surrendered with how society has become these days.
Not sure he ever served, but totally get what you mean.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Here we go again. ANZAC day this year falls on a Saturday. As a result, we will not be getting a day off in lieu on Monday... except for WA and ACT.

What kind of respect is this showing our ANZACs?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Australians give their support to all Anzacs for their efforts. However, a feral minority want to discontinue Anzac Day.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Here we go again. ANZAC day this year falls on a Saturday. As a result, we will not be getting a day off in lieu on Monday... except for WA and ACT.

What kind of respect is this showing our ANZACs?
That sucks! At least there will be a day to sleep off the hangover but what happens next year?

Edit: I checked and we get the Monday off next year

Wahesh

Reaction score
That sucks! At least there will be a day to sleep off the hangover but what happens next year?

Edit: I checked and we get the Monday off next year
Yeah but it should be like that every year. Everytime it's on a Saturday, we get nothing.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah but it should be like that every year. Everytime it's on a Saturday, we get nothing.
As an employer I don’t love public holidays but I’d prefer to see them all on a Friday or Monday to give everyone a proper break. They should still honour the ANZAC day holiday this year too

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Australians give their support to all Anzacs for their efforts. However, a feral minority want to discontinue Anzac Day.
They can eat a dick. They probably do after they finish their cafe latte.

PS I'm guessing its SJW lefty *****...

Wahesh

Reaction score
They can eat a dick. They probably do after they finish their cafe latte.

PS I'm guessing its SJW lefty *****...
As well as ANZAC day, I also think November 11 should be a public holiday because it's a day for all our fallen soldiers to be remembered - including our ANZACs.