ANZ stadium watered down beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In this country they have forbid us full strength beer at the football, this is a national disgrace, the more law powers that be fun Police have stopped us getting drunk at the footy.
Bring back proper beer you Nazi's!

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
disgusting communist ploy, fight the power with a hipflask Bob- I personally take a litre of rum in a fake colostomy bag. No-one questions that sht, and when you start drinking from it seats around you start emptying. Win/win.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try soccer matches in Britain.

No alcohol in view of the field at English Premier League and Football League games (although you can have one in the concourse area but not take it back to your seat).

No alcohol at all in Scottish Premier League and Football League games.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U can get real beer at the captains club and the x club upstairs

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have to pay extra to get in there? I only have country membership which is only GA.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have to pay extra to get in there? I only have country membership which is only GA.
Yeah it costs a bit more for the tickets but has its own food and bar very good

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll check it out next year then for sure.

Cat & Mouse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Victoria stadiums ftw.

Also from memory, isn't it tooheys new aswell? F that shit.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The beer at ANZ is atrocious. I am very strongly considering sneaking in some stronger stuff on Friday. I am sick to death of paying almost $30 for 4 beers which don't even touch the sides.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it sucks, but I stopped drinking at the footy years ago. I'd rather be watching the action than standing in the queue behind the grandstand, for an overpriced beer in a plastic cup.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Is it really that essential for you to get pissed at the footy anyway ? Would being pissed at a doggies game make for a better experience for you and other fans at the venue ?
If you can't wait 2 hours for the game to finish and get to a pub for a beer then you have bigger problems to face than light beer, games finish at 9:30 and if you're pissed by then i'd say your probably not going to remember much of your night anyway.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
In this country they have forbid us full strength beer at the football, this is a national disgrace, the more law powers that be fun Police have stopped us getting drunk at the footy.
Bring back proper beer you Nazi's!
don't get me wrong Snake i enjoy a beer while watching the footy aswell but does anyone need to "get drunk" at our games ? anyways just my 2 cents

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have to get pissed but retain the right as an adult to be moderately affected to enhance my ANZ experience, there has not been any alcohol related violence connected with this club in recent times and I don't need these rip offs trying to save me from myself while the wealthy members upstairs are getting smashed.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
I don't have to get pissed but retain the right as an adult to be moderately affected to enhance my ANZ experience, there has not been any alcohol related violence connected with this club in recent times and I don't need these rip offs trying to save me from myself while the wealthy members upstairs are getting smashed.
None that have made it to the newspaper.

You're absolutely right , yes you have every right to enjoy a few drinks and be moderately affected by alcohol , but i don't see how not being "drunk" (as you put in your original post) would detract from your experience at a game?

Anyway , different strokes for different folks i suppose , enjoy the game how you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.