any updates on xtending contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Can anyone update on contract negotiations with O'meley, SBW , Mason, Holdsworth.
I am aware that the contracts for the players mentioned are not up as yet but sometime ago it was mentioned that the cliub were trying to xtend the contracts of these players. Any sort of update would be appreciated thancks

Serra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
there was talk in last weeks league week that the dogs are trying to sign sonny to a 5 year deal

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
They've already started negotiations? That's awesome!

H

Haztrick

Bulldogs have already begun talks with Sonny Bill Williams.. Hopefully on a 5 year deal.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Yay that means he'll be Blue and White long term... superb, glad to see the club is getting it done now, the sooner he's done, the sooner we can focus on O'Meley... ;)

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about
holdsworth he must be up there

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
DJ Holdsworth would be... but he is happy here and as long as we give him something decent should from the sounds of his interviews recently, be happy to stay on long term.

Shrek on the other hand is anyones guess so I reckon we deal with the unknown O'Meley before the more certain DJ... :grinning:

bAsE

JACKPOT
Reaction score
i dont think anyone should be signed to a five year deal, as hungry as sonny is and that it doesnt seem like a risk, you have to always remember, anything can happen. 3yr contracts should be the longest, that way they play the first year of the new contract very well thay have a slump in the second year and then when the third year comes around thay will play their butts off to sign another contract.

dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ben Roberts is a must, just as important as the above mentioned players!

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Im not sure, but a article about DJ a month ago claimed he was on 50k and then a article last week said he was 80k ???

Can anyone say more about this :grinning:

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
after twenty five years of support i have decided to remain with the club for life and become a one club man. i hope their are more people like this

yeah Holdsworth is pretty much on bottom dollar, he came to us on an oppurtunity based contract ie looking to be a starting five eight.

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
no doubting the influence of Williams and his potential for greatness... but 5 years is a long time and in Rugby League, it is an eternity... i don't think the club should be signing Williams to that long a contract (3-4 years tops)

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I signed up for 5 years.

But that was at the leagues club. Now that there is no june 30 deadline there are some offers on the table. Notibly from Marrickville RSL and their strip show
:council:

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bet the people saying dont sign sbw for 5years would be disappointed if he only signed for 3years then left for another club.
if your got a great player why not sign him up as long as possible.
otherwise someone else will

Status
Not open for further replies.