MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Looked like he done his ankle or something at the end of the game

Has any heard anything ?

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No... but it seems serious if he was forced to leave before the end of the game :( he was playing so well 2

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
ohwell, has full offseason to recover.

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
Sucks FMD! he was like one of the best on field.

Couldnt the injury have waited far out. He is 2 from 2 now. 2 representative games, got injured in both and didnt finish it. Hopefully its nothing serious

D

DJ ALMO

It really sucks damn it i wanted him 2 play the next few games hopefully it's not that serious

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
He will miss the next two games.

Doggee71

Waterboy
Reaction score
2 weeks it is.....
Andrew Ryan will get a start now ....
feel so bad for reni.....he was awesome...and getting so much better

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
Doggee71 said:
2 weeks it is.....
Andrew Ryan will get a start now ....
feel so bad for reni.....he was awesome...and getting so much better
I dunno if Ryan will start but its likely he would.

Hopefully he has a successful recovery and gets his spot back when he returns (that is if australia make it and even consider him in the side)

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Process of elimination...or something,

Reni will get selected for NSW next year and get injured again...its a certainty tbh.

If he does get injured this thread will be ressurected with a big 'i told u so'

lol :p

Doggee71

Waterboy
Reaction score
they will consider him...stuart gave him this chance...and he performed..
in my opinion there is nothing against reni to leave him out once he is fit again...

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Agreed, he did everything to show he is a future rep 13 in all levels of the game... :grinning:

Shame for Reni, get well soon mate and here's hoping to see you firing in the back end of the tri-series.

Ryan probably will come in now, O'Donnell to 13 and Lyon to the bench as a utility something tells me... Lyon is available next match and considering his ability I don't think Stuart will waste any time getting him into this side.

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reni did everything that was asked of him last night. Defended well, and had a few great runs down the left side. He also nearly had a hand in a try with that great offload Australia screwed it up.

Shame he had to get injured though, with not long to go too! He must be feeling pretty bad about the prospect of missing out on a spot after the quality of his debut.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Agreed, he did everything to show he is a future rep 13 in all levels of the game... :grinning:

Shame for Reni, get well soon mate and here's hoping to see you firing in the back end of the tri-series.

Ryan probably will come in now, O'Donnell to 13 and Lyon to the bench as a utility something tells me... Lyon is available next match and considering his ability I don't think Stuart will waste any time getting him into this side.
Absolutely true. Reni showed last night that he has a place in the Kangaroo side when he recovers. Jamie Lyon will be brought into the side quickly...... he is just to good to leave out and Ryan will continue to do what he does best, tackle hard and attack the fringes. I thought O'Donnel was a standout last night and both he and Hindmarsh should have taken out the MOM, instead of Hunt.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
he did a great job last night on debut, it was a shame to see that he was injured, although he proved last night he was a diserving player to be in the side.

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maitua broken ankle fears
From Steve Mascord in Auckland
October 15, 2006 LOCK Reni Maitua will find out this morning if he has a broken ankle as a souvenir of his Test debut.

Australia's Maitua twisted his leg awkwardly in the closing stages of the 30-18 win over New Zealand at Mt Smart Stadium and will undergo X-rays after Ricky Stuart's side arrives in Melbourne this evening.

He joins prop Willie Mason (eye) on the green-and-golds' injury list going into Saturday's re-match with the Kiwis at Telstra Dome.

"I just sort of felt a little pop," said Bulldog Maitua.

"I've had ankle trouble before so I was being a bit paranoid.

"I'm going to have X-rays in the morning. I had a similar feeling in '02 but '02 was a lot worse.

"It was a similar feeling so, fingers crossed there's no crack in the fibula."

Mason was left with - at best - a badly swollen and bruised eye after a head-clash with Kiwi second rower David Kidwell in the 35th minute.

"I'm pretty lucky I've got a girlfriend," he joked. "Hopefully I'll get some scans in Melbourne and it all comes clear.

"It's just a very bad black eye. I'll endure it for a week.

"It's part of the game, it's Test football. You give some, you get some. That's about it. It was a physical game. We had a lot of guys on debut and we played strong. We can definitely build on it.

"Winning over here, the first Test match, is definitely a bonus."

Maitua commented: "It was a blindside hit, he didn't see the defender coming.

"It was what you'd call a bit of a cheap shot but it's a long series and I'm sure Willie will want to square up."

After being named in the starting side, Mason was demoted to the bench by coach Ricky Stuart for kick-off - despite an announcement both teams were as per program.

For the first time in international football, late changes to starting line-ups have been officially outlawed in the Tri-Nations.

Doggy Gal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maitua did really well. I pray his ankle is not broken we need him for next season. I was so proud of him but couldn't see the whole game as I had to go to a Wedding. Well done Reni xx:love:

Mongrel

blue & white since 73
Reaction score
Congrats on all the dogs players,they all played well espicially reni and o'meley,i was actually very impressed how close knit the team was,even hodges was getting on with everyone!! lol.I think gallen will go to 13,ryan stay on the bench,not many locks like reni and the beaver can cover centre as well so i think as soon as available he will be back in the 13.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
All the Doggies had excellent games
Reni played awesome but unlucky he got injured
Asotasi played good too - we gonna miss him a great deal next year

Status
Not open for further replies.