Any insomniacs or bad sleepers out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How do you mitigate the issue or get by?

I've tried just about everything possible, from techniques that are a product of rigorous scientific study, and other based on herbal treatments.

The only thing that gets me too sleep in a reasonable space of time is having multiple drinks, which is not a regular option for a range if reasons.

There other option is sleeping pills. Real sleeping pills, not herbal placebos. Can't use them because you develop a reliance, and they stop working after a while, not to mention the sleep quality isn't normal or healthy on an ongoing basis.

I've tried most ideas put out by the medical establishment, and anyone else who has nothing but myths to offer. However, I'm still willing to try anything until I can find something.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
I know it sounds weird, but when I can't sleep i turn on FIFA and play a few games on amateur.. they're so boring that i fall asleep with the controller in my hands..

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morning!! Yeah i have trouble sleeping too, Ive kept telling myself to go see the doctors to get them to write me up a prescription for some sleeping pills- But im cautious about the side effects so I B*tch out all the time. usually a warm cuppa after a warm shower does me.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My sleeping pattern is terrible has been for years

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Xanax or sleeping pills = knock out
(you must see your doctor)

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My missus uses ASMR videos on YouTube to fall asleep to. It basically is just someone whispering about brushing hair, or giving a massage, different stuff.

[video=youtube;KlBJlqdODBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlBJlqdODBY&ytsession=85Sv1OUBkZJA0-rVMSt-IMjf0JlAevd847ZKOsz5lJJ0k2lnLX5D5VVG_OalytlOTTZ60Y eEtKZnslBhda5-i4zsZMMxAlVxbJQBSqhQ6eUn535R4nPKPRbVuv6wvSpAffiNTJ kMPDDyALN6tSfhDgoEqPAADvQvD4sFwA8P8s438ZW0vBnJeB6j 13Egy9i1AQsN6NBC-A-kKrzhKJvR5yhZYmS8RWSbzspEjIW7W7u2-yJU2gQXlxJoYQPST6alR9z6ieXHevgBbi8qjk3OC4N7hEdBEDV Yq9BHD0dbEmebTi2YQtmvz0JNqV5TuVeZ[/video]

Although I always get paranoid when people whisper that they are talking about me, ffs, so I don't like them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had Insomnia for most of my life. When I was a teenager I started meditating and often I would fall asleep while doing that but even that would take 2 hours to fall asleep and eventually it stopped working. When I was working as a chef I would get home completely dead on my feet but still couldn't sleep. Eventually I figured out that Law and Order would put me to sleep. I'd sit on the couch and watch 1-2 episodes and wake up 4 hours later feeling refreshed.

That eventually stopped working too so I started using little techniques to reprogram myself. I wouldn't spend more than 15 minutes awake in bed. I won't do anything in bed now (other than the obvious and even after that I get up and walk around for a while after). If I'm not asleep in 15 minutes then I get up for an hour and walk around the house, do some cleaning, etc, then try to sleep again. Figured out that lying awake in bed was reprogramming me to become accustom to staying awake in bed.

Now days I hit the pillow and I'm out like a light. I think it was a combination of reprogramming myself and quitting smoking. Smoking was a major issue too 'cause when you smoke you don't get hungry and when you try to sleep while hungry you can't sleep so often I wouldn't be able to sleep because I was hungry and I wouldn't know that I was hungry.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you tried drinking passionflower tea?

Apparently it works in the same way Xanax does. I had some at a mates place once and fck me, it knocked me out cold.

I'm guessing you might have tried it or other similar teas already though, considering the severity of your insomnia.

Try shutting off all media such as TV/laptops and phones 1 or 2 hours before your bedtime. Keep lights dim and read a book before bed. A lot of time the blue light from media interferes with your melatonin levels (sleep hormones).

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you go to the gym or workout? I find after I do a big session after work and get home completely exhausted that I go sleep like a baby who just smoked a joint

Last edited by a moderator:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I work nights so my sleep is naturally hindered. But I have read/heard some positive things on 'ZMA', some people say it puts them in a deep sleep and gives them vivid dreams lol. Its important to know that I have never taken the product myself for a couple of reasons (nothing serious). So yeah could be worth looking into, if you don't want to explore somewhat addictive methods.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hamish and Andy (in their most recent gap year) had a segment were they would dress up as sloths, hang in a tree, drink this special mix of tea which makes you fall asleep quick as (can't recall what it's called) and whoever fell out first loses lol. Could be worth hunting some of this tea down.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i have a mixtape of the bulldogs 2014 attacking the opposition tryline

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
sleeping pills provide a great feeling for example you are lying down watching tv and you realise that they are working, they could have an uncensored episode of baywatch featuring pamela anderson boobies and you still wouldnt care lol

but i recommend only taking them in an emergency

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA im dying LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
lol yeah

hodkinson inside pass to tolman x15, ennis to graham x7, hodkinson to reynolds to lafai tackled just in the field of play, then hodkinson to finucane winding down the tackle count so we can try a reynolds cross field kick

works everytime

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
sleeping pills provide a great feeling for example you are lying down watching tv and you realise that they are working, they could have an uncensored episode of baywatch featuring pamela anderson boobies and you still wouldnt care lol

but i recommend only taking them in an emergency
If you seen pamela these days you would not care at all .She look like a 60 year old drag queen

Status
Not open for further replies.