Antivirus warning messages when accessing Kennel lately

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I get constant messages any time i change pages or post in the Kennel the last few days that tell me that it just blocked access to a malicious URL kokosina.in/1 as it is in a malicious URL database in Kaspersky (my antivirus). It only happens on the Kennel. Some link in the page code is referring to this site and needs to be removed.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Only problem is....when i click your link chad i get a access denied message as below:

The requested URL cannot be provided

The requested object at the URL:

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/
showthread.php?t=92622

Threat detected:

object infected HEUR:Exploit.Script.Generic

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I getting it aswell, should we be concerned?

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Im only having isues with TK using firefox. If I use IE it seems ok.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well the website was down a few days and obviously whatever they did in the downtime fixed the problem. No more error messages or virus wrnings from my AV. One change i noticed since the site came back was the signature editor is not wysiwyg any more. You need to know some basic html tags to get new lines, bold, color etc. Mine became all on one line until i put in the tags. There are no longer any text formatting options/buttons on the sig editor.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i kept getting the same, ran a virus scan and it blocked the kennel page, all is good now dont know what the issue was

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I use Avira AntiVir on Mozilla Firefox browser.

Never seen an error message in all my life from here ... :confused:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The Malware Rootkit is back guys!

Just starting popping back up again upon access to this website!!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Can you screen cap the message, or copy/paste what it says ???

Admin could probably use it ...

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the warning I get, when trying to access The kennel through google chrome....no such message though through mozilla

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
www.thekennel.net.au contains content from frina.in, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified frina.in that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on frina.in, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer, proceed anyway.

Help improve detection of malware by sending additional data to Google about sites on which you see this warning. This data will be handled in accordance with the Safe Browsing privacy policies.

P

Paint.

Ive got the exact same message as Karat...

Adios, im off till its fixed..

dogslyfe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe the problems have been false positives in peoples anti-virus suites.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I keep getting the message this morning and I use Chrome.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
chrome picking it up as well as malware bytes def prob

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe the problems have been false positives in peoples anti-virus suites.
Nope it's not. I'm fairly certain it's an SQL/PHP Injection attack being made on The Kennel via VBulletin. The bulletin board software has a few published exploits whereby you can inject code into websites and allow random code execution without having access to the server (in laymans terms).

There is a newer release of VBulletin which I believe resolves these issues but unsure how long the upgrade takes (and moreso how much it costs!).

I let habs know bout the latest exploit last night when I was still getting the AV messages. It appears that they can fix it, but it comes back after a short amount of time.

Pain in the arse really. I really don't get what idiots get out of exploiting servers.