Anthony Milford has reportedly told relatives he won't be returning to the Canb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually just thinking ... if Milford is gone, that would explain if Naughton ends up at Canberra .

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually just thinking ... if Milford is gone, that would explain if Naughton ends up at Canberra .
i read somewhere he signed up on the condition that there was quick progression.

if they offered him the milford position, chances are he wouldnt ask for that, he'd be like 'i want milfy's spot now'

moronista

Waterboy
Reaction score
I stopped reading after that sentence... It just shows how delusional you are...Barba is on $350K like Lockyer was on $250K...

Barba is minimum on $600K plus an upgrade next year...
so, what you're saying, is that Barba was on 600k at the Dogs also - as it had been widely reported and quoted, by many sources, that Barba is on exactly the same next year as he would have been at the Dogs. He may well be getting 3rd party payments, but they are ones that do not count under the salary cap.

moronista

Waterboy
Reaction score
The reality you see is clearly an alternative reality. The same alternative reality where unicorns exist, and bears travel around the sky in cloud cars, caring for others.

Each player has like a MIN payment of $100k too.

Plus certain unlimited sponsorship deals can be obtained that does not have bearing on salary cap. It's all about how you work your books. With News Ltd owning Broncos, flexibooks would be the go.
the Min contract is 75k, not 100k.

At the end of 2014, Hodges, Parker and Hannant are all off contract. Hodges and Parker will both be 32. Hannant will be 30. They won't be getting the same money they are now. Also, Hoffman won't be there. You can almost guarantee that.

There is just money galore around. Way more money than the Dogs have. That much is certain.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so, what you're saying, is that Barba was on 600k at the Dogs also - as it had been widely reported and quoted, by many sources, that Barba is on exactly the same next year as he would have been at the Dogs. He may well be getting 3rd party payments, but they are ones that do not count under the salary cap.
The same way that it was widely reported that Lockyer was on $250K?

I know for 100% fact that Barba left because he was offered more $$$ at the Broncos... Andrew Gee constructed the deal and approached Barba during the All Star game in 2013.. he told him that if he can somehow get out of his contract he will be paid twice as much. Are you one of those people that believe Barba left because of "family reasons".

N

Natboy

Anyone that believes Barba took the same money at the broncos must believe in the tooth fairy & the Easter bunny

liambritemmy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey mods isn't it time to ban this moron moronista, it's quite obvious he has a hatred for the dogs and a massive hard on for the bronks (all of 2 inches). I joined this site to be around like minded dogs supporters not to listen to biases shit from a shit talker. Anyone who thinks the broncos actions the last 6 months are legit are morons, trying to entice contracted players to find a way out of there contract is the act of a skum club, Barba, Evans, Milford. I supposed news limited explains it all

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There is just money galore around. Way more money than the Dogs have. That much is certain.
Of course there is. Because the Dogs are dealing with a salary cap. Something that News Limited owned clubs have been somewhat exempt from.

Remember the Melb Storm? Owned by News Limited and blew the salary cap to bits. Then they got caught out.

Guess who else is majority owned by News Limited and spending up of late?

HMMMM I wonder..

Oh and I'm pretty sure TG is going to know more than joe average on here...

moronista

Waterboy
Reaction score
The same way that it was widely reported that Lockyer was on $250K?

I know for 100% fact that Barba left because he was offered more $$$ at the Broncos... Andrew Gee constructed the deal and approached Barba during the All Star game in 2013.. he told him that if he can somehow get out of his contract he will be paid twice as much. Are you one of those people that believe Barba left because of "family reasons".
I'll just quote you something, from your own CEO:

Raelene Castle said:
CANTERBURY boss Raelene Castle said the fact that Ben Barba will be paid the same amount by Brisbane as he would have by the Bulldogs proved the superstar's release was not financially motivated.

Speculation emerged that Barba's motivation to get out of the Bulldogs was to take up a lucrative deal with a Brisbane side desperate for talent, a claim Castle denied.
"No, it's genuinely family reasons," she said.
"They've taken the two-year contract, as is, across so it's not about financial with him.
It's there, in black and white, for you to read, from this article:

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1738225/ben-barba-turns-bronco/

If they want to pay him $5m in 2016, then so be it, he would have been a free agent then anyway.

moronista

Waterboy
Reaction score
Of course there is. Because the Dogs are dealing with a salary cap. Something that News Limited owned clubs have been somewhat exempt from.

Remember the Melb Storm? Owned by News Limited and blew the salary cap to bits. Then they got caught out.

Guess who else is majority owned by News Limited and spending up of late?

HMMMM I wonder..

Oh and I'm pretty sure TG is going to know more than joe average on here...
I remember the Melbourne Storm.

And I also remember the Canterbury Bulldogs of 2002.

Again, you talk about "spending up of late".

They've bought 7 players and lost 7 players. So they've replaced those leaving. And spent that money, plus Barba, and they clearly had money to spend for 2014. If you think they didn't then, seriously, I'm just embarassed for you for being so stupid.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

They've bought 7 players and lost 7 players. So they've replaced those leaving. And spent that money, plus Barba, and they clearly had money to spend for 2014. If you think they didn't then, seriously, I'm just embarassed for you for being so stupid.
I'm going to warn you once, and once only. Drop the abuse, there's no need for it.

Ben Barba - $350k
Ben Hannant - $350k
Justin Hodges - $350k
Josh Hoffman - $300k
Josh McGuire - $300k
Ash Taylor - $100k
Jack Reed - $150k
Marmin Barba - ??
Matt Gillett - $$$
Alex Glenn - $$$
Hunt / Kahu / Hala - $$$
Martin Kennedy - $$$
Todd Lowrie - $$$
Andrew McCullough - $$$
Stuart Mills / Corey Oates - ???
David Stagg - $$$
Sam Thaiday - $$$
Daniel Vidot - $$$
Jharal YowYeh - $$$
Corey Parker - $$$

$6.3 million in 2014 amongst 25 top players. Average ~$252,000 per player.
We know there is already $1.9 million spent over 7 players.
That leave $4.4 million over 18 players. Average ~$244,444 per player.

Stagg / Thaiday / YowYeh / Lowrie / Kennedy / Gillett / Glenn = Would be on at LEAST $300k a season.

Then you have the rest.

Then you have Broncos after Millford for > $1 million a season, and Cameron Smith for $1 million a season.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
I'm going to warn you once, and once only. Drop the abuse, there's no need for it.

Ben Barba - $350k
Ben Hannant - $350k
Justin Hodges - $350k
Josh Hoffman - $300k
Josh McGuire - $300k
Ash Taylor - $100k
Jack Reed - $150k
Marmin Barba - ??
Matt Gillett - $$$
Alex Glenn - $$$
Hunt / Kahu / Hala - $$$
Martin Kennedy - $$$
Todd Lowrie - $$$
Andrew McCullough - $$$
David Stagg - $$$
Sam Thaiday - $$$
Daniel Vidot - $$$
Jharal YowYeh - $$$
Corey Parker - $$$

Stagg / Thaiday / YowYeh / Lowrie / Kennedy / Gillett / Glenn = Would be on at LEAST $300k a season.

Then you have the rest.

Then you have Broncos after Millford for > $1 million a season, and Cameron Smith for $1 million a season.
you forgot about third party payments

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you forgot about third party payments
irrelevant because I think that is unaffected by salary cap?

Thats where the Broncos have a competitive advantage. Being constantly on a Friday night schedule, as well as being an monopoly around the Brisbane area, they will always create a ratings buzz. Ratings create eyes, which then create advertising and sponsorship deals. I have no doubts that the great Lockyer was on 250k a year, but probably received an extra 750k of sponsorship and third party payments.

Its a tough strangle hold to break too be honest. Because it benefits all parties involved. The sponsors love it because they get the most airtime, the club loves it because they get the most money and ch9 and the NRL love because of the ratings they get. Unless there is another Brisbane team introduced.. I dont know the areas, but lets just say a Penrith/Souths/Wests/Parra equivalent, the lovely deal they have up there will continue. Will there be another team like I just stated? Circular logic but the NRL and ch9 won't break it because of the aforementioned reasons. Which is why its completely ****ed up that Foxtel don't have complete ownership, because they won't be hostage to the advertising cyclicalities that ch9 has. Its better for our game..

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We learnt from 2002, hence, our player retention is very poor but I suppose that is idea of the salary cap " talent spread" so NO club stays dominant.
However, there are clubs that seem to get away with it, well Storms until recently. We can only speculate about Broncos of the yester years when they fielded the the Maroons team on a weekly basis (it still amazes me every time I think about it) not be over the cap. Also enticing contracted players is illegal and unethical.

moronista

Waterboy
Reaction score

Ben Barba - $350k
Ben Hannant - $350k
Justin Hodges - $350k
Josh Hoffman - $300k
Josh McGuire - $300k
Ash Taylor - $100k
Jack Reed - $150k
Marmin Barba - ??
Matt Gillett - $$$
Alex Glenn - $$$
Hunt / Kahu / Hala - $$$
Martin Kennedy - $$$
Todd Lowrie - $$$
Andrew McCullough - $$$
David Stagg - $$$
Sam Thaiday - $$$
Daniel Vidot - $$$
Jharal YowYeh - $$$
Corey Parker - $$$

Then you have the rest.

OK - I'll play this game - and I'll be generous.

Morris - 300k
Reynolds - 350k
Hodkinson - 250k
Graham - 350k
Ennis - 300k
Kasiano - 300k
Eastwood - 300k
Pritchard - 300k
T-Rex - 600k

Thats 3.05m for 9 players. Leaving 3.25 million for 16 players, or $203125 per player left.

As per this link:
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/03/07/the-new-million-dollar-man/

Klemmer is on 1m over 3 years. Lets say he is on 250 next season. Plus Finucane and Jackson that are on massively upgraded contracts. That's not to consider Inu or Perrett.

Want to explain to me how the Dogs allegedly have the money to chase Folau or Hopoate, but the Broncos don't have the money to chase Smith?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
OK - I'll play this game - and I'll be generous.

Morris - 300k
Reynolds - 350k
Hodkinson - 250k
Graham - 350k
Ennis - 300k
Kasiano - 300k
Eastwood - 300k
Pritchard - 300k
T-Rex - 600k

Thats 3.05m for 9 players. Leaving 3.25 million for 16 players, or $203125 per player left.

As per this link:
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/03/07/the-new-million-dollar-man/

Klemmer is on 1m over 3 years. Lets say he is on 250 next season. Plus Finucane and Jackson that are on massively upgraded contracts. That's not to consider Inu or Perrett.

Want to explain to me how the Dogs allegedly have the money to chase Folau or Hopoate, but the Broncos don't have the money to chase Smith?
and I'll correct you

Graham - $425k
Hodkinson - $266k
Inu - $225k
Klemmer - $330k
Pritchard - $550k
TRex - $600k

But then you look at our recruitents to date: We are thriftshoppers..
Reni Maitua (unwanted at Parra so came cheap). Chase Stanley (unwanted at Dragons so came cheap). O'Hanlon (unwanted by Parra so came cheap), Tyrone Phillips (unlikely to get a run at Souths and came cheap). Kayne Brennan (from Dragons)

And we released:
Barba, Carter, Galea, Halatau, Latu, Keating, Turner, Littlejohn, Taupau, Romelo.

Then you have:
Low, Browne, Palau off contract.

2.396 million over 6 players.
That leaves an average of $205473 per player left over 19 other players.

Find me 19 players in the Dogs 2014 roster who would be on that coin! If you can't theres your answer.

moronista

Waterboy
Reaction score
and I'll correct you

Graham - $425k
Hodkinson - $266k
Inu - $225k
Klemmer - $330k
Pritchard - $550k
TRex - $600k

But then you look at our recruitents to date: We are thriftshoppers..
Reni Maitua (unwanted at Parra so came cheap). Chase Stanley (unwanted at Dragons so came cheap). O'Hanlon (unwanted by Parra so came cheap), Tyrone Phillips (unlikely to get a run at Souths and came cheap). Kayne Brennan (from Dragons)

And we released:
Barba, Carter, Galea, Halatau, Latu, Keating, Turner, Littlejohn, Taupau, Romelo.

Then you have:
Low, Browne, Palau off contract.

2.396 million over 6 players.
That leaves an average of $205473 per player left over 19 other players.

Find me 19 players in the Dogs 2014 roster who would be on that coin! If you can't theres your answer.
As I stated before........

Ennis - the captain - 300k
Morris - a current SOO and Australian rep - 300k
Reynolds - a current SOO and one of a handful of genuine halves running around at the moment - 300-350k
Eastwood - a current international - 300k
Kasiano - a current international rep - 300k.

Add Tolman on top of that too.
You surely can't be making the argument that players like McGuire/Lowrie/Stagg/Kennedy are on 300k a season and those listed above aren't. You are comparing 3 current international reps, a current SOO rep, and a club captain, against players that have never been at that level.

So, based on what you yourself are saying, and your own arguments for players of similar ability, that is close enough to 4 million on 11 players. Surely you can't possibly argue with those assessments of those players.

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As I stated before........

Reynolds - a current SOO and one of a handful of genuine halves running around at the moment - 300-350k

Add Tolman on top of that too.
You surely can't be making the argument that players like McGuire/Lowrie/Stagg/Kennedy are on 300k a season and those listed above aren't. You are comparing 3 current international reps, a current SOO rep, and a club captain, against players that have never been at that level.

So, based on what you yourself are saying, and your own arguments for players of similar ability, that is close enough to 4 million on 11 players. Surely you can't possibly argue with those assessments of those players.
to be fair, all clubs have to be scrutinised, phuck im waiting for that analysis and debate...with all due respect, regardless of who we know, and sorry moronista but you come across as abit of a dick for the way you bring all this shit up, its none of our business, everyone scams, sorry interpretes the boundaries of renumeration differently...as fans we should be worried about why its so expensive to watch a game at a shit venue built for the olympics, not football...examples of other shit the fans should give a shit about is the bullshit referring structures, I mean they need a system to count to six for phucks sake why isnt anyone giving a shit about that...and a massive bug bear for me is the time keeping, when the balls not in play, why is it still ticking over?? Shit! I could go on about this shit forever!!! Lets worry about a game that is deteriorating infront of our eyes.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So all up my assessment ends up with $209k left over for all players in Broncos salary cap (11 remaining).

Pray tell then explain to us all how they can afford 2 x $1 million a season players, AND be going after DCE in seasons to come?

With those numbers of yours you have covered an entire Bulldogs side effectively.

Graham - $425k
Hodkinson - $266k
Inu - $225k
Klemmer - $330k
Pritchard - $550k
TRex - $600k

Perrett and Inu's contracts were still paid for by previous teams so did not count towards our cap.

None of the other players are on big contracts.

Then you take into account losing Halatau and Turner (big dollar players), and signing basically nobody.

Anyway remind me why I am still discussing this with a Broncos troll again?

Status
Not open for further replies.