Another NZ "home" game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
I live in Dunedin. The local paper said it would be Warriors vs Bulldogs. The stadium is really good.

There was a 4 nations game played between England and New Zealand here in 2014. They only got 16 000 for the crowd when they were expecting 26 000. The Warriors have played 2 pre season games here both times against the Broncos. Last time they only managed a crowd of 6000 so the Warriors decided to take their pre season games elsewhere. Also I don't think the Australian teams like travelling so far.

Raelene was in town a few months ago as a keynote speaker so she would be well aware of the facilities

It is a Rugby Union town being the home base of the Highlanders so this affects the crowd although people will likely travel from Christchurch and Invercargill and even a few ftom Wellington.

The other is that this is a university town and visiting sports teams often find themselves in the news for the wrong reasons. Remember this was where Josh Hodgson got filmed running through the door. So I hope the boys are on their best behaviour!!!

But most important of all......I will finally get to see my NRL team play. I've never seen them live before......SO EXCITED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.