Another NZ "home" game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In this mornings telegraph it says that ANZ Stadium is out of action for round 2 and 3 due to a concert. So we are playing Roosters at Allianz Round 2 followed by a game in Dunedin for Round 3 they didn't name the team we are playing. Least there isn't a 5 day turnaround from a game in Melbourne this year.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no issue with it as it will be a financial decision. But it has to be against any one of 14 clubs. It CANNOT be against the warriors.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no issue with it really. Nearly all teams take away home games here and there.

We don't need pissweak excuses for losing games we should have won TBH.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So melbourne first then the roosters, looks like another bullshit draw for us. I know we have to play the teams anyway, but over the last few years our draw has been one of if not the hardest in the comp. We always seem to play the top teams twice, while other teams get gift draws. I bet we play all the top four teams twice plus the roosters and Rabbitohs twice. While the Eels will get a gift and probably the tigers too.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well at least it wont work out as bad as it did last year. Going from Sydney to Melbourne to play the storm and then to NZ for a 5 day turn around was ridiculous.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they can't stop any team having a 5 day turn around they aren't trying hard enough. Or they're not caring about player welfare enough.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why not have a home game at blue tongue stadium instead

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no issue with it really. Nearly all teams take away home games here and there.

We don't need pissweak excuses for losing games we should have won TBH.
So you are ok with us effectively giving away 2 points for some cash?

Obviously we could win but history tells us it isn't likely.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Great home ground we have, pushed out by a frickin concert!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great home ground we have, pushed out by a frickin concert!

You can thank Adele for it. AND I got an email from the club offering the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public for the one on March 10th

Another exciting exclusive for Bulldogs Members, our friends at ANZ Stadium are giving you access to a pre-sale for global superstar, Adele.

ADELE will visit Australia for the very first time in February and March, 2017 to perform a series of special stadium concerts in a unique 360º in-the-round production. Designed to create intimacy, the tour venues will feature reserved seating on both the playing arenas and the grandstands.

Important to note:

• Pre-sale ends at 12pm, Saturday November 19
  • There is a strict 4 x ticket limit per household for this event
A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the public, not a preferential seating service. Tickets via this pre-sale will be available until 12pm tomorrow (Saturday) or until the pre-sale allocation is sold out.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be realistic, we won't be winning a lot of games... we'll be lucky to average 14 points a game next season!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Adele and fucking Justin Bieber ...

Why don't they play at an ACTUAL concert venue like.. ohhh.. Qudos Arena, or perhaps the new ICCC which will be built and open then and is state of the art.

Or why not perform at Allianz or Spotless Stadium??? It's not like 20k+ will go to such a concert... and besides ANZ is fucking shit as a concert venue.. it's not designed for live audio.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can thank Adele for it. AND I got an email from the club offering the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public for the one on March 10th

Another exciting exclusive for Bulldogs Members, our friends at ANZ Stadium are giving you access to a pre-sale for global superstar, Adele.

ADELE will visit Australia for the very first time in February and March, 2017 to perform a series of special stadium concerts in a unique 360º in-the-round production. Designed to create intimacy, the tour venues will feature reserved seating on both the playing arenas and the grandstands.

Important to note:

• Pre-sale ends at 12pm, Saturday November 19
  • There is a strict 4 x ticket limit per household for this event
A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the public, not a preferential seating service. Tickets via this pre-sale will be available until 12pm tomorrow (Saturday) or until the pre-sale allocation is sold out.
Very fitting.. we are 'Rolling in the Deep'

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So you are ok with us effectively giving away 2 points for some cash?

Obviously we could win but history tells us it isn't likely.
That's not the venue's fault - otherwise we would win all of our ANZ games and lose every where else.

They could play in Sydney, Dunedin (their new stadium is actually pretty good with a roof), or Dubbo... team has to turn up with the attitude and game to win.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That's not the venue's fault - otherwise we would win all of our ANZ games and lose every where else.

They could play in Sydney, Dunedin (their new stadium is actually pretty good with a roof), or Dubbo... team has to turn up with the attitude and game to win.
I think travelling that far is not comparable to playing locally.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why not take it rural? Wagga Wagga or somewhere like that. Cap crowd at ??? and it'll encourage the local kids to want to play footy.

Knowing RaeRae though, she'll probably ask NRL if we can take a game to Senegal with a fistful of free memberships to hand out.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So how are the warriors ever meant to win more then half their games?? Lucky we dont play super rugby!
I think we have actually done pretty well over the years playing a gome game over in NZ. They just fucked up with the schedule last year.
We have quite a few kiwis in our team and were pretty well supported there, so for me, im totally fine with playing an extra game over there.
I think travelling that far is not comparable to playing locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.