Anonymous survey - who is going to miss Josh Reynolds

ARE YOU GOING TO MISS JOSH REYNOLDS IN BLUE N WHITE COLORS?

• YES

Votes: 57 42.2%
  • NO

Votes: 70 51.9%
  • OZMAN

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not the most talented but has achieved more than some of the extremely talented players like Shaun Johnson, etc. Some of these stars haven't seen finals football in ages.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Players who were filthy were players who were mates with him. It has nothing to do with the club or what's best for the club and fans!!

Players were also filthy dib was getting ousted weren't they?

People create bonds with others, and when they are asked to move on,the people closest to them are hurt by it but you move on and form new friendships.

Like any job I have employees that become close when one is moved on the one that sticks around is in the dumps for a while or it feels like I'm public enemy number one until the new guy comes along and he isn't so bad either.
All I'm reading are a whole bunch of biased opinions.

If you think Dib was as popular as Reynolds among the playing group, you're kidding yourself. Last year players were calling for Des to be retained. They are professionals and do what the club asks them to. Players from our club have been praising Reynolds and the energy he brings to this club since he debuted. Apples and oranges.

People don't respect Reynolds enough and I bet if you shared that view with most players from our club they'd tell you to get fooked in the most polite way possible. Last year Dib was yelling at players in the dressing rooms and abusing them for his own mistakes. Suggesting he was as popular amongst players as Reynolds is a bit silly IMO.

Players leave footy clubs. Every year. The disappointment of the majority of the playing group at Reynold's departure was clear for all to see.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
most people on the kennel say they wont miss him which means that we will miss him

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
most people on the kennel say they wont miss him which means that we will miss him

we already know the kennel doesn't represent the majority of Dogs fans, actually its the opposite.

Remember those "sack Des" polls. lol

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We couldn't match other offers. Foran is a more complete player. So No.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not at all ... bloke was more unreliable than a Leyland P76.

I welcome the addition of a player who can talk on field.

I honestly can see issues at Tigers with him, as Brooks struggles to take control of a game at times, and Passion Reynolds can't.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One sideways running brainfart does not a team make. I never liked him as I always saw him as a hyped up cheerleader. If it wasn't for Hodkinson's knees I would have kept Trent over JR any day of the week!!!! Let's be honest even in school yard football Foran would 9 times out of 10 be picked to play on a team before JR ever was.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hardly anonymous when our name appears at the top if the post but who cares. I vote NO.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hardly anonymous when our name appears at the top if the post but who cares. I vote NO.

if you don't comment it wont appear on top . just vote yes or no , simple

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t have the skill or talent to back-up his motivation

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NO. He was good and his game, like our team, was good for a while. He lacKS the basics that make a good half imo. He couldn't kick and he couldn't pass, nor was he any good at putting people in holes.

For all of his faults he did well I'll give him that. Won SOO and made two GFS, not a bad resume.

But yeah still a big fat no lol.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only real stupid ones I can count is the trip in city/country (a stupid, pointless game anyway), and the "throw-in" against the Titans on the halftime buzzer. The rest were meh.
You don't have to go too far back. Our last home game, (his send off game) We win the game on the buzzer and he has a brain explosion off the kickoff and barrels a chaser for no reason.

That's the sort of thing I won't miss. Also, unless there was a Cooper Cronk or Thurston inside him there was no way we were winning a premiership with him in the halves. Everything looks disjointed when he is at half. It looks like he doesn't go to training. It all looks made up on the run. His kicking game is dreadful. Don't start me on how many times he rushed up out of the line and left us stranded on that right side.

So I'm a NO.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People underestimated the impact of losing Ennis

People are underestimating the loss of Reynolds and Graham.

Is Foran a better overall player than Reynolds? Yes he is.

Will Foran provide more than Reynolds? If his body and mind fire like the Manly days than yes, though it is highly unlikely.

Does and did Mbye who is on double than what Reynolds was, provide more for our club than Reynolds? Absolutely not

Mbye & Tony Williams are and were the most overpaid players in our clubs history and you can thank our previous board and coach.

Reynolds is defintely not a complete footballer like the other 95.9% NRL players but one thing that cannot be taught and worked on is balls.

Balls do not grow in the gym

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JT has tripped players too but no one remembers it.

Hayne kicked a player in the face just last year in even worse fashion and not even a penalty was given. Reynolds foot met thaidays face when he was laying on the ground, facing the other way, no visual of Thaiday, and Thaiday should’ve been penalised for holding him too long anyway and Reynolds was trying kick legs as other players do when tackled and held for too long.

Not defending Reynolds, may be I am but it often seemed that Reynolds would get penalised just for breathing.
JT did it once.

Reynolds has done it MANY times, including some which were swept under the carpet IIRC.

Let's not paint JR as a saint. He has the nickname GRUB for a reason.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JT did it once.

Reynolds has done it MANY times, including some which were swept under the carpet IIRC.

Let's not paint JR as a saint. He has the nickname GRUB for a reason.

yeah mick ennis was also a bigger grub and a penalty maganet before he became a sharky.

I wonder what is the common factor here.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I voted no.

I will be interested to see how he goes over at West Tigers. I note reading their fan forum it sounds like Josh may spend some time at dummy half.

Josh was offerred a new contract at Canterbury.
He could of stayed playing for us and earning in excess of half a million dollars a year doing so.

Josh chose to leave for his own reasons.
I certainly don't begrudge him for making that decision, but it was his decision.

He is the enemy now!!

Reaction score
i voted yes, but i don't think he was good enough to be our regular 5/8

had he been used as bench utility he probably would of been pretty useful

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
One sideways running brainfart does not a team make. I never liked him as I always saw him as a hyped up cheerleader. If it wasn't for Hodkinson's knees I would have kept Trent over JR any day of the week!!!! Let's be honest even in school yard football Foran would 9 times out of 10 be picked to play on a team before JR ever was.
Reynolds did 100 x more for this club than Hodkinson. He also didn't spend 80 percent of his on field career hiding and resting his dodgy knees like Hodkinson did. Some of these comments are shocking. What a bunch of clueless lunkheads.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this post a g up or what? I could tnx wait for him to leave. He’s shit house. Nothing to miss about him

Status
Not open for further replies.